• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
donaldboyer

Official B936 Vodafone NZ

231 posts in this topic

Thanks Daz.

Anything worth mention about the rom?

Dunno, haven't flashed it yet. That's the fun part. :P

All good! Releasing shortly.

That new Vodafone boot animation is monster. The first frame is like, entirely red. What were they thinking?

So what's improved?

All good! Releasing shortly.

That new Vodafone boot animation is monster. The first frame is like, entirely red. What were they thinking?

That will be first to go. After that i guess its become b934

Have fun:

Glad I could be of some assistance today. Quick question, I haven't yet done the OTA update, if I root my phone first so I can do a proper backup of my app data etc, can I still do the update? Also if I use Titanium or something like that to backup my app data will I then be able to restore to ICS after OTA update completes?

Thansk.

Yea,just get CWM on your phone after rooting,backup your current rom then flash the zip daz created from your files. :)

Remember to do a full wipe in CWM after backing up and before flashing the rom.

You`ll have to flash superuser (link in dazz`s post) to get root again when you flash the rom.

Edited by anything-but

If you're not on B9xx already which sounds true, you'll need to do the OTA properly for the RIL, touchscreen firmware and other changes.

The CWM zips are for people on earlier B9xx ROMs that would rather a nicer update.

Bugger,forgot that!

Listen to the man that knows. :D

If you're not on B9xx already which sounds true, you'll need to do the OTA properly for the RIL, touchscreen firmware and other changes.

The CWM zips are for people on earlier B9xx ROMs that would rather a nicer update.

So ppl are still best to use the B926(Chinese ICS release) which has better HSPA then? :)

My wife has B926 and its way too slow! Dont use it please !

My wife has B926 and its way too slow! Dont use it please !

i mean....flash B926..then flash then newer ICS NZ release over it via CWM :)

Bugger,forgot that!

Listen to the man that knows. :D

Ok, so I'll be ok to use superRecovery to get root though right. Just not install CWM.

Ok, so I'll be ok to use superRecovery to get root though right. Just not install CWM.

no you need to use unlok bootloader tool look for how to root 4.0 on here

no you need to use unlok bootloader tool look for how to root 4.0 on here

No I'm just wanting to root my gingerbread device so I can backup app data before updating OTA to ICS.

Am I in the ballpark?

Think so,but I'm sure someone more qualifed will post soon. :)

No I'm just wanting to root my gingerbread device so I can backup app data before updating OTA to ICS.

Am I in the ballpark?

Just use the huawei all back up app, doesn't need root just an apk... Should be around here somewhere --

Just use the huawei all back up app, doesn't need root just an apk... Should be around here somewhere --

Oh, I did do a backup with that, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't backup the actual app data? I thought you needed titanium backup or similar with root access to backup app data? Am I wrong? Does it get backed up to google? I just want to make sure my app data was backed up before OTA update. Is it not neccessary? I'm having a hard time working out exactly what to backup before OTA update.

Edited by cutcutcut

Oh, I did do a backup with that, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't backup the actual app data? I thought you needed titanium backup or similar with root access to backup app data? Am I wrong? Does it get backed up to google? I just want to make sure my app data was backed up before OTA update. Is it not neccessary? I'm having a hard time working out exactly what to backup before OTA update.

I believe it does back up app and data, but i would advise only backing up the really important apps or you do it through titanum back up... Only thing i think all back up is good at is backing up allbthe system stuff(contacts, texts, settings and notes...)

So i recommend all back up for system stuff and titanium backup for app+data

screenshots and antutu benchmark

http://min.us/mSFBpPDcX

3144!

Am I in the ballpark?

If you root your device you'll lose all your data anyway, AFAIK.

Yes, currently the best update path is to be on a B926 core with a B93x ROM.

If you root your device you'll lose all your data anyway, AFAIK.

Rooting doesn't lose any data.