power button

Guest brit07

Unfortunately not, after about 20min of deep sleep volume keys don't wake :(

Wish I new how it is done, I have looked all over xda and only find same method but I am sure cyanogenmod had volume wake.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoff1951

No posts on this thread for 11 days. Jikobutsu and flibblesan, how are your buttons, or are the software fixes working?

My PB has deteriorated a lot over the past two days. Still works, but very fiddly and getting worse.

Haven't got Orange startup screen so would need to use ricky's tool to put it on before going to the shop, but more importantly I dropped it over Christmas and have a fair bit of cosmetic damage to the case corner right by the PB. I can just imagine the argument with the shop. "Sorry, sir, don't you have insurance...?"

• 1 month later...
Guest saint91

Can someone please make a video or take pictures of the cardboard/plastic under the button solution?

I can't tell where it's supposed to go and don't want to risk damaging the phone.

My power button depressed into the body yesterday, and it's been bloody annoying getting it to wake.

Guest i am not a hacker

+1 for that.

Although I've 'mastered' how to press the power button first time, it's not going to last.

So a video or pictorial guide would be nice

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

решил покопаться по англоязычным сайтам и наткнулся на этот форум,у меня телефон Megafon Mint это то же самое, что и Orange san diego, и 2 недели назад столкнулся с проблемой, что не работает кнопка - она провалилась, итак я решил разобрать телефон, конечно же я не нашел схемы и полез сам, разбирается он легко поддевает пластмассовой пластиной края где вставляется микро сим, потихоньку открывает не забывая, что внутри двухсторонний скотч, далее находим вверху кнопку, откручиваем рядом находящийся болт ( правый верхний) метод очень прост, вместо картона упомянутым выше, берем пластмассовую пластинку , ту которая идет с симкой (sim), стачиваем ее до 1,5 мм длиной 4 мм и шириной внутрь 2-2,5 мм, и закручиваем так чтобы данная пластинка не вылетела, вот и все)

П.С. используйте google переводчик или как я - Яндекс)

Edited by amap

Guest Ced_Gee

^^^^

Translated.

Decided to dig on English-language websites and came across this forum, I have a phone Megafon Mint is the same as the Orange san diego, 2 weeks ago and ran into a problem that the button does not work - it failed, so I decided to dismantle the phone, of course I found the circuit and climbed himself, he understands easily poddevaem plastic plate edges where the inserted micro sim, slowly opens without forgetting that in double-sided tape, then find the top button, located next to unscrew the bolt (top right), the method is very simple, instead of cardboard mentioned above, take a plastic plate, the one that comes with the Simcoe (sim), grind down its length to 1.5 mm, 4 mm and a width of 2-2.5 mm inside and twirl so that this record has not taken off, that's all.

Guest BlueMoonRising

For anybody who can't speak Russian(I'm holding up my hand ;) ) :-

"decided to dig on English-language websites and came across this forum, I have a phone Megafon Mint is the same as the Orange san diego, 2 weeks ago and ran into a problem that the button does not work - it failed, so I decided to dismantle the phone, of course I found the circuit and climbed himself, he understands easily poddevaem plastic plate edges where the inserted micro sim, slowly opens without forgetting that in double-sided tape, then find the top button, located next to unscrew the bolt (top right), the method is very simple, instead of cardboard mentioned above, take a plastic plate, the one that comes with the Simcoe (sim), grind down its length to 1.5 mm, 4 mm and a width of 2-2.5 mm inside and twirl so that this record has not taken off, that's all)

PS Use google translator or I - Yandex)"

Don't forget to twirl otherwise you won't take off...

Edit :- damn, I didn't look at the 4th page of the thread. Beaten again...

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Roger Barnett

you could also edit the gpio-keys.kl on the phone itself if you have root, just find the file and edit it

I tried to do this. I tried root browser and es note editor. It won't let me save the file.

Yes I have root.

EDIT: I managed to modify the file and save it , but after re-boot it has no effect.

Tried using POWER WAKE on both volume down and camera keys.

Any one any ideas?

Edited by Roger Barnett

• 1 month later...
Guest Spunky Backpack

My power button has now sunk into the casing after only 6 months of use. Now I'm going to have to buy a new phone whilst the OSD is in for repair :(

Guest Roger Barnett

I've now received my phone back from EE after repairing the power button.

I'm now keen to apply the power button wake mod. I tried it once before the power button broke, unsuccesfully. At that time I had Xolo ICS with root. Now that EE have returned the phone, they said they had given it a software update - look like the standard Orange ICS, and I haven't accepted any further updates OTA (e.g 35mb or 58mb updates).

Can anyone who has successfully applied this mod give me any advice on how to do it? I guess I just need to get root directly from Orange ICS, and then directly edit the file gpio-keys.kl (??)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I don't know about editing the file but first off I would try rooting and make sure Orange haven't "helped" by installing the latest updates for you.

Guest Roger Barnett

I don't know about editing the file but first off I would try rooting and make sure Orange haven't "helped" by installing the latest updates for you.

Right, I've sat down using the AIO tool installation that I used last time with your help to try to root again, but

I get as far as clicking on the 'Orange AIO tool' icon, which opens the terminal window and installs adbd insecure.

I start adbd insecure on the phone but I get the "Superuser access denied - do you have root?" message. Well obviously, I don't have root, cos that's what I'm trying to acheive.

Am I doing this in the right order?

Just to re-iterate, I've got my phone back from repair with Orange ICS on it.

I've enabled USB debugging.

What's next in order to get Root?

EDIT: I've realised that I should be running SanDiego.bat (not 'Orange AIO tool.bat'), so ran it and get to the main menu screen. But when I select '7' to root, and hit any key to continue, I just get the screen asking me to confirm full restoration, both on the phone and in the terminal window. What am I supposed to do here - enter a password? I tried clicking restore without entering any password and nothing happens.

Edited by Roger Barnett

Guest BlueMoonRising

Right, I've sat down using the AIO tool installation that I used last time with your help to try to root again, but

I get as far as clicking on the 'Orange AIO tool' icon, which opens the terminal window and installs adbd insecure.

I start adbd insecure on the phone but I get the "Superuser access denied - do you have root?" message. Well obviously, I don't have root, cos that's what I'm trying to acheive.

Am I doing this in the right order?

Just to re-iterate, I've got my phone back from repair with Orange ICS on it.

I've enabled USB debugging.

What's next in order to get Root?

EDIT: I've realised that I should be running SanDiego.bat (not 'Orange AIO tool.bat'), so ran it and get to the main menu screen. But when I select '7' to root, and hit any key to continue, I just get the screen asking me to confirm full restoration, both on the phone and in the terminal window. What am I supposed to do here - enter a password? I tried clicking restore without entering any password and nothing happens.

Just click restore on the phone, there's no need for a password. I believe it exploits a timing issue by creating a slight pause and while the system isn't looking it allows the tool to access a system file in the background. This is the exploit that the patches all address.

Guest Roger Barnett

Just click restore on the phone, there's no need for a password. I believe it exploits a timing issue by creating a slight pause and while the system isn't looking it allows the tool to access a system file in the background. This is the exploit that the patches all address.

As I stated, clicking restore without password does'nt seem to do anything, ie the terminal window on the laptop seems to hang saying "click restore, if all is good this script will continue, otherwise this window will stay here forever" (or something like that).

So it sounds like EE have given me back the phone with one of the patches applied then?

Should I try the option in the tool to "Remove 23mb update" (or similar description) ?

Guest BlueMoonRising

As I stated, clicking restore without password does'nt seem to do anything, ie the terminal window on the laptop seems to hang saying "click restore, if all is good this script will continue, otherwise this window will stay here forever" (or something like that).

So it sounds like EE have given me back the phone with one of the patches applied then?

Should I try the option in the tool to "Remove 23mb update" (or similar description) ?

Sorry, I missed that bit.You could try "option(32) Downgrade From 27mb ics" but if they've patched it they would have used the very latest patch which doesn't look recoverable. You may end up having to use which means no root.BTW, my(unpatched Xolo ICS) build number is V2.190, Android version 4.0.4 dated Sep 12 2012. If yours is much later than that then it's patched.

Guest Roger Barnett

Thanks blue moon, you are as always, a font of knowledge

It looks like my build is 02.27, October 2012, which would mean what you suggested ie no root. Still worth a try for option 32 I suppose?

I haven't yet read the full thread you attached but it looks like that relates to a faulty screen. I'll read in more detail.

edit - tried option 32, which seemed to work, although a couple of files failed to push. Phone re-booted, then I tried option 7 - root. this time when I hit restore, the phone seemed to respond, although the shell remained '"running" in background.

Don't think i'm rooted.

post-908908-0-64741700-1375127598_thumb.

Edited by Roger Barnett

Guest BlueMoonRising

Actually if it's October you may have a chance with option 32. The game changing patches were at the start of 2013(I think). My kernel version ends in 161 (yours is 190 but I'm on Xolo, I think they were the same at the start) so try it again if no success. At least you haven't ended up with the flashing screen syndrome which was a symptom of the later patches.Edit :- BTW, option 32 does install the Xolo ICS. There was no other way to replace the patched versions.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Roger Barnett

I don't mind having xolo ICS; after living with Orange ICS again for the few weeks since repair, I don't really like it.

But I tried option 32 last night and it can't have worked since I still have orange ICS!

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Maybe I'll try again later, making sure I've killed adb.

Are you suggesting I'll be able to get root?

EDIT-I've tried rooting and option 32 again, to no avail.

When I try option 32 I get the following message (attached pic):-

Does the above message mean anything to anyone?

I don't need root before running option 32 do I?

One other thing I've noticed: When starting the Sandiego tool I am asked to "run adbdinsecure, click the box and unplug / replug usb"

This is contradictory to the instruction manual page1, which says "(2) Please close the aio tool then reopen the program it will install adbd unsecure.apk to your phone. Open the program on your phone and give it super user rights the program will exit reopen it and select both boxes then remove the USB and then plug back in."

The above statement doesn't mention that adbd was already installed the first time round.

Just to make it clear, I have adbdinsecure installed, but I'm unable to check the box due to lack of root; is this preventing me from progressing with option 32?

Grrrrrrrr!!!

Edit2-

In the end I just went for option 3 'Flash Xolo ICS'

and then option 7 worked !

post-908908-0-80868800-1375188483_thumb.

Edited by Roger Barnett

Guest BlueMoonRising

There's two incorrect lines in the sandiego.bat file for option 32(sorry, I'd forgotten this) :-

:downgrade

adb kill-server

adb start-server

adb wait-for-device

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\flashtool data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell chmod 755 data/local/tmp/flashtool

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i recovery -w data/local/tmp/reccovery.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i fastboot -w data/local/tmp/fastboot.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe reboot boot bootloader

C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update Bricked\update.zip

Delete the extra "c" in "reccovery.img" & change "fastboot.img" to" boot.img"

I put a corrected version(there's a few other typos in there) on dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/upf7q23nj44rf8b/SanDiego.bat

There are also corrected versions of the initial setup files for downloading all the necessary files there https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn22et831fs7cbc/setup32.bat & https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlmhex1xi6b1jru/setup64.bat

Guest Roger Barnett

I had already got those updated files from a previous issue, thanks.

Back on topic, I've got root, modified gpio - keys.kl, so that the key for volume down is now POWER WAKE.

But this has no effect

??