[ROM][2.3.7] Xperia UI for ZTE Crescent[Alpha]

Guest BLu3HaZe

Guest BLu3HaZe

After enjoying some Xperia goodness and elegance for a few days, was wondering if someone could make a ROM based off on CM or so, with the Timescape UI, or give some pointers for myself to have a go at it? The following screenshots are all on my SFII on CM7 and it feels much faster than when using ADW.

How do we make a flashable zip anyway guys?

UPDATE

Finally managed to get together a flashable zip of the edited CM with 'part' Xperia UI.

All credits go to the following developers and the original threads are linked. Except for the boot animation, and a few bits here and there, what I did was put everything together and try to make it complete. :)

CyanogenMod 7 - Dazzozo - http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-2806/

Xperia Arc theme for CM7 - kevin2516 - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1021507

Xperia Arc launcher and widgets - Slither2006 - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1325108

CronMod Scripts - croniccorey - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1716124

post-960950-0-57790900-1346863939_thumb. post-960950-0-45718600-1346863965_thumb. post-960950-0-24469400-1346863991_thumb. post-960950-0-27384200-1346864035_thumb. post-960950-0-71510000-1346864014_thumb.

Features:

• UI similar to Xperia Arc/Neo (SE launcher, theme, and widgets)
  • Google Apps added
  • GTalk with video added
  • Google Play Store updated
  • Flash Player added
  • ADW.Launcher removed
  • Cyanbread and Androidian themes removed.
    • Tested with INT2EXT which mounts the /sd-ext partition as /data (note that performance penalty maybe there if a slow SD is used, and also significant wear on the SD due to dalvik cache/user data/apps all being on it) which means you can have a data partition of any size you desire.

Instructions: (Thank you Daz)
      • Download the ROM and copy it your SD.
      • Vivacity/Touch Plus: Flash the Vivacity/Touch Plus kernel for correct touchscreen support - the one packaged with the ROM is for San Francisco II users.
      • Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume down key.
      • 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
      • 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
      • Vivacity/Touch Plus: 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> Kernel
      • 'Reboot System Now'
      • Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
      • Run through the first time setup, language, date/time, Google account etc.
      • Have fun!

If you still have issues (other than those mentioned in the second post), post in the thread.

Working:

• Everything in CM7

Not Working:

[*]Front Camera/Camcorder

[*]FM Radio

[*]Minor issues with bootanimation.zip (taken from original SE)

Downloads:

[*]ROM (12/09/2012) - http://dl.dropbox.co...7_ZTE_P736V.zip or http://www.mediafire.com/?f0962aegczg7f61

[*]INT2EXT - http://dl.dropbox.co...035/INT2EXT.zip or http://www.mediafire...8vrj2st9u32ezef

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Nice looking GUI for now i just used xperia launcher didnt even know that timescape ui can be installed on our device...Whould be nice to tell us/me how to install it and try it ......Alo i am interesten in cooking and porting roms for our device...

Guest Dazzozo

How do we make a flashable zip anyway guys?

If it's CM7 based, you're best off editing the CM7 zip. Just substitute files in it.

I'm not sure where all this stuff comes from, the screenshots are pretty much the first time I've heard of it, so I can't help much more without more info.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hey guys,

I had a go at porting Cyanscape to the Crescent if anybody want to give it a try.

http://www.mediafire...amdxxban17wwe13

Use CM7 Gapps with it.

Credits:

Android_Sam (Cyanscape)

Dazzozo (CM7 for base)

xMasterNInni (Porting Tool)

You might want to make a new thread about this and include all the details and screenshots.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Hey guys, apologies for not being able to reply to this thread, was slightly busy with final exams around the corner.

Nice looking GUI for now i just used xperia launcher didnt even know that timescape ui can be installed on our device...Whould be nice to tell us/me how to install it and try it ......Alo i am interesten in cooking and porting roms for our device...

Well yes, it's not yet the whole GUI but parts of CM7 replaced here and there. These apps have been modded to match the resolution of our devices, and I'll post them once I find the original threads and authors, as I've no involvement in developing these and all credits go to them.

If it's CM7 based, you're best off editing the CM7 zip. Just substitute files in it.

I'm not sure where all this stuff comes from, the screenshots are pretty much the first time I've heard of it, so I can't help much more without more info.

Yes it is Daz, basically the CM7 themed changes a lot, while a few widgets and apps from here and there changed the rest. Ripped off from SE ROMs and edited I believe.

As for substituting the files, once we edit a zip, it fails to flash in CWM, something about bad signatures. So how can we sign the zip after editing it? I've got this signer.jar but no idea what it's used for (signing zip or apk) or how to.

I just couldn't find a proper lock screen for this, I'm speaking of the Arc/Neo style here as the SFII is easily mistaken for a Neo. Heard that it's all in the framework-res.apk but any pointers as to where lock screen stuff is?

This is a rom made by Android_Sam for the Zte Blade, you could easily port it to the crescent

http://www.modaco.co..._hl__ cyanscape

Comes with xperia s look and timescape and cm7 based

Thanks a lot for the porting Hayden3430! When I tried to run Cyanscape through the porting tool, Cygwin gave errors and Kubuntu just deleted all the files inside the folders and said "does not exist".

And yes, if you could make a new thread and put it up as the new Sony look, it'd make the two easily spotted.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest BLu3HaZe

Any feedback guys? I'm sure there could be many issues I've not come across, so has anyone tested this?

I've left out the Timescape widget/app stuff for now as I still couldn't get the whole set of framework files in order, as it has got oddly misplaced in my jumble of downloads. Anyone got the .jar files for it? I only have the .apk's as of now and it definitely won't work without the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

@Hayden is it for Vivacity or for SF II ? it is very important to write that imformation so ppl know on which devices that can be installed..

P.S. Just flashed Hayden rom on Vivacity and it is working but gor some problems like camera wont open(it is a bugg because i downloaded 2 different camera apps and + stock one and camera wont work) constantly i get "Sorry Application Twitter extension has stopped working.Please retry again|" since i dont see twitter app or twitter account i will guess that it have some connection with Xperia Timescape UI,also 2nd digital clock widget isnt working .There is no thrill cpu controll witch make no sense as CM7 have built in CPU tweaker ....

P.P.S. Downaloding Blu3haze ROM for tasting will write feedback soon ..

Edited by dimi89

Guest BLu3HaZe

@Hayden is it for Vivacity or for SF II ? it is very important to write that imformation so ppl know on which devices that can be installed..

P.S. Just flashed Hayden rom on Vivacity and it is working but gor some problems like camera wont open(it is a bugg because i downloaded 2 different camera apps and + stock one and camera wont work) constantly i get "Sorry Application Twitter extension has stopped working.Please retry again|" since i dont see twitter app or twitter account i will guess that it have some connection with Xperia Timescape UI,also 2nd digital clock widget isnt working .There is no thrill cpu controll witch make no sense as CM7 have built in CPU tweaker ...

P.P.S. Downaloding Blu3haze ROM for tasting will write feedback soon ..

The ROM here which I put up is based on the P736V CM7 of Daz. Therefore flashing the P736E kernel on top of this from the CM7 thread will do.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll add that to the OP.

Please do note there no Timescape app/widget in this ROM as it's a real battery killer even with no internet access, and Call Log Extension service crashes from time to time.

I'll upload a separate zip for anyone who really wants that for a more SE look though.

The second new Digital Clock does crash all the time and is not added.

Yes there will be port to Skate , Blu3haze wrote that in 1st post i dont know how you didnt see it , he will go tomorow and buy skate device and will port on it ... While he is getting device he also wrote that you should invite all people from ZTE Skate section and come hire and write in ZTE CRESCENT section what roms you whould like to be ported on your device and also with every rom created from ZTE CRESCENT forum for ZTE SKATE you will get a free unicorn and later on as more an more demandsyou have from ZTE CRESCENT forum for ZTE SKATE you can upgrade it with all kind of cool stuff like wings,seat belts and so on .... Sooo hurry up,gather your friends from ZTE SKATE forum to come hire on ZTE CRESCENT forum and demand roms to be port for your devices it will be fun :)

@Blu3haze tested your rom and have couple things to say... 1st thank you for creating this wonderful rom ... 2nd Previous version of Xperia Launcher is less laggy and have few more options(i didnt find enywhere launcher options in your rom) so i whould suggest to replace it with older version,SE bootscreen replace little green android and rest so every other rom that will be flashed SE will appear as 99% of roms dont change startboot screen just animated part,also you should add weather widget from haiden3430 rom because it is great.... Timescape app is just waste of internal memory because 90% of ppl wont ever use it so ... Good thing is that everything working and you done a GREAT job making this rom ... again thank you ..

Guest WiiSky70

Yes there will be port to Skate , Blu3haze wrote that in 1st post i dont know how you didnt see it , he will go tomorow and buy skate device and will port on it ... While he is getting device he also wrote that you should invite all people from ZTE Skate section and come hire and write in ZTE CRESCENT section what roms you whould like to be ported on your device and also with every rom created from ZTE CRESCENT forum for ZTE SKATE you will get a free unicorn and later on as more an more demandsyou have from ZTE CRESCENT forum for ZTE SKATE you can upgrade it with all kind of cool stuff like wings,seat belts and so on .... Sooo hurry up,gather your friends from ZTE SKATE forum to come hire on ZTE CRESCENT forum and demand roms to be port for your devices it will be fun

@Blu3haze tested your rom and have couple things to say... 1st thank you for creating this wonderful rom ... 2nd Previous version of Xperia Launcher is less laggy and have few more options(i didnt find enywhere launcher options in your rom) so i whould suggest to replace it with older version,SE bootscreen replace little green android and rest so every other rom that will be flashed SE will appear as 99% of roms dont change startboot screen just animated part,also you should add weather widget from haiden3430 rom because it is great.... Timescape app is just waste of internal memory because 90% of ppl wont ever use it so ... Good thing is that everything working and you done a GREAT job making this rom ... again thank you ..

Sorry dude are you ok ? Smoked crack ? Are you high ?

Please don't tell bullshut sherlock.

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

That's a bit harsh man, calm down

Im totally calm and peace of mind , but there are little fags that like to crash the Forum environment and

development , i was just asking about a port for ZTE Skate , and that fag told stupid things.

Also if you read that guy post , you know what to expect

Guest AmbushReality

Im totally calm and peace of mind , but there are little fags that like to crash the Forum environment and

development , i was just asking about a port for ZTE Skate , and that fag told stupid things.

Also if you read that guy post , you know what to expect

If you want a skate port, do it yourself. We don't own that device