[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Hi guys!

I just pulled the standard Huawei boot Animation files (using Root Explorer) from B934 if someone wants to restore to a full unbranded look. (File one and two)

Thanks everyone!

Hi Thanks for pulling the files,want to go back to the std Huawei ani files, have downloaded both files, i guess i just put both files on my sd card then go to cwm and install from sd card 1 then 2 followed by reboot, can anybody advise is my assumption the right way.....

Tried this and says sig verification failed and also tried Sebastian404 splash screen also says sig verification failed

2nd question

I prefer the way messaging shows messages in B892, in that one message shows in green and the other is plain, wifes phone still runs b892 can it be pulled from her phone and reinstall on B936, if so anybody can somebody advise how....thanks

Edited by bryfly

I have a problem with the system on my phone (B936) has no space at all, I have installed AdAway, but it cannot install the update files as there is no space at all, I have looked through Rom Toolbox Pro, but cannot really see much to remove.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Just noticed the Huawei weather app no longer makes any sounds??? Does anyone else's on this ROM

I had the same issue, the .apk file included in the NZ update is older...4.0.26, i flashed to the Ascend P1 version 4.0.27 and sounds are back.

I also tried to update the HwCamera.apk but it was unstable and always reverted back to stock 1.0.14 when the app crashed. Ascend P1 is version 1.0.3

Guest MiguelPereira

Hi Thanks for pulling the files,want to go back to the std Huawei ani files, have downloaded both files, i guess i just put both files on my sd card then go to cwm and install from sd card 1 then 2 followed by reboot, can anybody advise is my assumption the right way.....

Tried this and says sig verification failed and also tried Sebastian404 splash screen also says sig verification failed

2nd question

I prefer the way messaging shows messages in B892, in that one message shows in green and the other is plain, wifes phone still runs b892 can it be pulled from her phone and reinstall on B936, if so anybody can somebody advise how....thanks

Hi....

I've changed the boot animation on my wife's Vodafone Smart II... All I did was through Root Explorer, search for the files and with /System mounted as R/W, simply swapped the zip's making sure that they were named the same...

Hi....

I've changed the boot animation on my wife's Vodafone Smart II... All I did was through Root Explorer, search for the files and with /System mounted as R/W, simply swapped the zip's making sure that they were named the same...

thanks for the response , found the zip files , how to change them is my next question

Edited by bryfly

Guest broekhuijsen

If anyone figures out how to get back shortcuts for wifi/btooth etc in the notification area in B936, please let us know.

I hate my phone without it.

Revert back to the previous official rom, then update. I have the shortcuts and they are working fine....

Guest MiguelPereira

thanks for the response , found the zip files , how to change them is my next question

In Root Explorer with / mounted as R/W, I would firstly copy the original ones to a safe location on the sd card, and then have the Huawei Ones ready to be moved (on the sd card as well) and replace the original ones saying yes to overwrite...

Guest tracasan

Is it just me or the speaker volume is really lower than B934?

Same here... compared to infusion i would say it's 20-30% lower... also i see that this rom has the battery level bug that GB had... it fluctuates all over the place

In Root Explorer with / mounted as R/W, I would firstly copy the original ones to a safe location on the sd card, and then have the Huawei Ones ready to be moved (on the sd card as well) and replace the original ones saying yes to overwrite...

thanks....got it ok, from full start thoguh still get the flash screen with 3g and chinese on it.....

Edited by bryfly

Guest nsmacd1

nsmacd1 have you tried removing your pin unlock first under security then do whatever it is you want to do?

#

Worked it out - I removed all the set-upl details from my Exchange account I had set up and now it works

Guest nsmacd1

If anyone figures out how to get back shortcuts for wifi/btooth etc in the notification area in B936, please let us know.

I hate my phone without it.

Agreed - Must be a way to flash via CWM or alternative

Guest MiguelPereira

thanks....got it ok, from full start thoguh still get the flash screen with 3g and chinese on it.....

That's odd!

The zip's were taken from mine... It's a G300 bought in Portugal, unlocked it, and has the plain normal B934 rom on it... and no sign of Chinese.

That's odd!

The zip's were taken from mine... It's a G300 bought in Portugal, unlocked it, and has the plain normal B934 rom on it... and no sign of Chinese.

I followed advice on here and went b926 first then b936, maybe thats why

Guest MiguelPereira

For someone like me (games are just Solitaire, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope) who enjoys just a simple Stock Rom (rooted and CWM) it looks that B934 is the Best Option so far.

The only tweaks that I have are V6 Super Charger and SD Speed Increase. Over the last couple of days I've tried Power Toggles but ended up uninstalling it as I found it Ram hungry. The same applies to RAM Booster... It would free RAM up to 132-183MB but the phone overall became more laggy.

Guest nsmacd1

Regarding the notification toggles, I am downloading the Chinese ICS ROM. From what I understand, I take the vendor file and place it in the dload folder on the NZ ICS ROM, reflash and this should bring back the toggles - Is this correct?

Edited by nsmacd1

For someone like me (games are just Solitaire, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope) who enjoys just a simple Stock Rom (rooted and CWM) it looks that B934 is the Best Option so far.

The only tweaks that I have are V6 Super Charger and SD Speed Increase. Over the last couple of days I've tried Power Toggles but ended up uninstalling it as I found it Ram hungry. The same applies to RAM Booster... It would free RAM up to 132-183MB but the phone overall became more laggy.

what about ram manager