• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[cm9] What do you want improved in this version?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Some devs have started to look into what can be improved on cm9 to make it comparable to 7.2. Please post your opinions and priorities. Assume that the devs are aware that the phone's response is slow and need to be improved. Other than this what else would you like to see improve. Express your opinion. Let's get cm9 to a very stable usable state before adding any new features or bells and whistles. Once this is achieved we can think about moving to JB.

Posted

I tried more times cm9, and i wish that the new version will be without freezes and reboot, more fast in open applications, and better management of the ram.

Posted

If you have questions, ideas, bugs,.. Post them here.

We can't fix something we are not aware of.

If you have fixes, you could probably post them here.

Your can join us on irc,@http://webchat.freenode.net, #acer-liquid channel. Be patient if you don't have an answer directy.

And, We will not move to #CM10 until we have a good #CM9 base, as said.

Thanks.

Posted

-Stability

-Performance: ram management, gpu and cpu performance.

-Battery drain

Posted

GPS work without rapid loss of battery after use.

Posted

Would be nice if it worked on A1 without freezes/reboot.

After that, I'd say speed... tho there's only so much you can do with such an old piece of hardware.

Good luck guys!

Posted

CM9

keeps on freezing up when selecting wifi, if you want to shut wifi down it will just freeze and a reboot is required.

notification that your simcard needs to be registered on the network asks for a password which scared the hell out of me

for me the phone does not allow mass storage device

Posted

I think that the first thing we can start to try is to use the lupohirp 3.0.6 kernel, with his great ram management, with the CM9 Beta4.

The second thing is to work on general smoothness. This rom has large general lag, like when your PC is running a lot of programs.

I don't know if the problem is in the ram management or somethin else, but probably a lot of freezes and crashes are generated by a wrong management of the processes.

Posted

I think that the first thing we can start to try is to use the lupohirp 3.0.6 kernel, with his great ram management, with the CM9 Beta4.

The second thing is to work on general smoothness. This rom has large general lag, like when your PC is running a lot of programs.

I don't know if the problem is in the ram management or somethin else, but probably a lot of freezes and crashes are generated by a wrong management of the processes.

freezes are caused by ram management. infact in my new build if i set kill activities when users stop in development options i have no freezes. problem is that ics really isn't designed for 256 mb systems...and it's really hard. i'm trying to get something from gralloc memory.....but hey we have now a booting .35 kernel to work on it :) howewer i will try to backport lowmwmorykiller from 3.0.6 ( the have introduced a new method called OOM_kill_score) and see if the things goes well :)

Posted

any news?

CM9 beta 5?

Thepastooooooooo.....helps our liquid s100...please