Explained like you're 5: Install custom ROMs from scratch, install the official ICS update, root & more

Guest rhen

Thank you for information

g301  same g300 without appearance.Unfortunately only gingerbread firmware aveilable for g301

I use slimv13 with cwm, works good.But I need 2030 for other roms oc kernels eg.. and I dont know how I can :/

If it really just the appearance, I think that you can update with G300 update.app.

But your phone will be identified as G300 from that moment.

I just think this because you can use U8818 update.app on U8815 but your phone will be identified as U8818. (both number is a version of G300)

So it may work with G301 (U8816) too.

Edited by rhen

Guest mythb

If it really just the appearance, I think that you can update with G300 update.app.

But your phone will be identified as G300 from that moment.

I just think this because you can use U8818 update.app on U8815 but your phone will be identified as U8818. (both number is a version of G300)

So it may work with G301 (U8816) too.

Yes, now ı have slim and my phone(g301 u8816-1) identified as G300 and no any problem. But ı try update.app(for g300) update failed :/

I guess there's nothing to do

Edited by mythb

Guest rhen

Yes, now ı have slim and my phone(g301 u8816-1) identified as G300 and no any problem. But ı try update.app(for g300) update failed :/

I guess there's nothing to do

The installation can be failed because yourboot loader too.

Have you tried this? [link]

Edited by rhen

Guest mythb

The installation can be failed because yourboot loader too.

Have you tried this? [link]

I read I have not hynix and I dont understand, bootloader unlock-relock-lock for what.Samething ı flashed roms with 2030 but no sim card. Bootloader unlock for this? Sorry ım newb this issues

I try normal g300 update.app and (g300 update.app as a 1.Kb) nothing can be chanced 

Only this work for my http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=15541

Edited by mythb

Guest dalyer

If the G300 is basically the same as the G301 and you are on stock GB then the bootloader should be inherently unlocked and bootloader unlocking is irrelevant here.

I don't know if/why it's not possible to flash G300 ROMs on the G301 if they are basically the same.

I don't know why Huawei only provide a stock GB download for G301.

What exactly are you trying to do and ultimately aim for?

It's not clear to me.

If you are happy with GB and the 19808 baseband then why not just use it.

Or maybe try GBXTREME (arguably the best GB ROM for G300 around right now) assuming that it will install?

To be honest I think that GB is best on the G300.

And you don't get any obvious benefit from using the 2030 baseband.

Guest mythb

If the G300 is basically the same as the G301 and you are on stock GB then the bootloader should be inherently unlocked and bootloader unlocking is irrelevant here.

I don't know if/why it's not possible to flash G300 ROMs on the G301 if they are basically the same.

I don't know why Huawei only provide a stock GB download for G301.

What exactly are you trying to do and ultimately aim for?

It's not clear to me.

If you are happy with GB and the 19808 baseband then why not just use it.

Or maybe try GBXTREME (arguably the best GB ROM for G300 around right now) assuming that it will install?

To be honest I think that GB is best on the G300.

And you don't get any obvious benefit from using the 2030 baseband.

Yes true GB is fastest smoother but Havent good feature. Only ı want 2030 for some roms u know some roms need 2030 baseband

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Can someone upload the files that allow to root and install the bootloader on the G300? I am trying to do this, but the files on the site are unavailable, namely the RootG300.exe