HELP! phone wont start

Guest gers77

i cant even get my phone to start up normally to get into any settings with or without usb cable plugged in begining to think my phone is toast

If the worst comes to the worst, then download the ROM again and install by using the hold both volume keys method - This will perform a full wipe of the phone (not the SD card)

Don't worry - There will be a way to get the phone back... It's not bricked :-)

Edited by nsmacd1

As soon as i press the power button on phone it starts up i see the Huawei logo then the phone switches off and on again repeatedly. i cant do anything with it. tried holding volume up button when it starts but nothing same with volume down. and with both together i get pink screen

As soon as i press the power button on phone it starts up i see the Huawei logo then the phone switches off and on again repeatedly. i cant do anything with it. tried holding volume up button when it starts but nothing same with volume down. and with both together i get pink screen

Did you copy the dload folder to your SD card, or put the whole .zip on?

dload folder needs to be copied to the root of your SD card and then flash using the vol up & down method if you want to try this way

Edited by nsmacd1

you need the dload folder from that rom .you need to find it.and place it on your sdcard.then hold both volumes together and it should work to get up and running again.i cant rember the rom number you were on .

Guest Hoggonator

I keep getting update failed here, I put the DL folder on MicroSD and switched on with Vol Up + Vol Down held together and the unpack starts. I know fast boot was ticked prior to starting this but as I cannot get into the phone there is no way to change this :( Any ideas?? Tried a few times now with the same results.

Guest Hoggonator

Weird, I cannot get data access now.

Got the phone working, and OTA'd up to 892 but I have no data. Loaded the GiffGaffAPN APK file, and data is enabled in settings - any ideas please?

Weird, I cannot get data access now.

Got the phone working, and OTA'd up to 892 but I have no data. Loaded the GiffGaffAPN APK file, and data is enabled in settings - any ideas please?

Maybe try redoing the setting using the 'Tweakker' app (free from the marketplace)

Guest Hoggonator

Gers - Did you try the downgrade tool?

What I did was the following:

Download the .zip file for the downgrade tool and put the update file in a DLOAD folder in the root of my SD card

Battery out, switched on with the volume button depressed

Let it unpack

Then downloaded the original stock rom indicated in this thread

replaced the update file from the downgrade tool with this one on the SD card

battery out, switched on with the volume button depressed

Let is unpack

install started

then several OTA upgrades and I am not back on 892

slowley restoring apps and contacts now

Edited by Hoggonator