4G is coming (UK)

Guest Josh92

Guest utternoob

Maybe, seeing as most of the phones are dual/quadcore battery will get destroyed in minutes. I'll wait for a year and a bit to two years for an affordable 4G phone

Guest bladebuddy

It was already rolled out here in cumbria for a trial run , the MP in Penrith pushed for it and showed some local farmers and companys what the benefits where . So I went along to take a peak and was amazed buy how fast streaming and downloading was.

Definitely worth upgrading but as the trial has now stopped Cumbria will probably be last on the list for the upgrade , as there's not even fiber optic up here yet.

As for Giffgaff offering good deals they need to sort out a reliable and fast 3g first.

Guest razzmataz1478

In my area giffgaff are fast and reliable. Only thing is that they are now putting their prices up and that&#39;s my cue to leave. They no longer will be value for money.<br /><br />My city (Hull) will be one of the first cities to get EE4G so I await the prices, even though they are bound to be outrageous.<br />

Edited by razzmataz1478

Giffgaff are putting their prices up?! Yeah I expect them to be too pricey, but I know O2 are working on it and it'll only be a matter of time before they and others join the party.

Guest razzmataz1478
Giffgaff are putting their prices up?! Yeah I expect them to be too pricey, but I know O2 are working on it and it'll only be a matter of time before they and others join the party.

I'm hoping 3 (or 4?) get in there first as well.

And yes the £10 goodybag is going up to £13. That's for definite.

Guest bladebuddy

3 network is offering a similar package with unlimited datta and a lot more reliability connection and speeds on a rolling monthly contact and I will be sure to try it and give my verdict when I've tried it which is even cheaper then giffgaff.

3 network is offering a similar package with unlimited datta and a lot more reliability connection and speeds on a rolling monthly contact and I will be sure to try it and give my verdict when I've tried it which is even cheaper then giffgaff.

Just looked, it's not cheaper than giffgaff, even when they increase then price it's barely cheaper and you get less. Plus I disagree about speeds &reliability. O2's network seems brilliant to me, I used to be on 3 and didn't find it as good at all.

For what it's worth, case anyone didn't know I read ages ago that o2 have been testing 4G around London for sometime now, if I remember correctly it read as if O2 were under the impression they would be first to roll it out.