[ROM] ParanoidAndroid 2.81 CM10 4.1.2 [Updated 31.3.2013]

Guest zeelog

I think you don't have a clue what compiling really means. This isn't based on anything. It's COMPILED. Paranoid Android uses CM sources, so this is the same like CM10. If there is a Camera, which has lots of artifacts, it's PA's fault.

isnt this rom ported?

Guest Shiv Prajapati

I think you don't have a clue what compiling really means. This isn't based on anything. It's COMPILED. Paranoid Android uses CM sources, so this is the same like CM10. If there is a Camera, which has lots of artifacts, it's PA's fault.

Hey Xmasterninni can you please upload your latest build because your previous build was way awesiome....

Guest gourav35

ive followed the installation steps but not able to switch to hybrid mod, not even getting soft keys, i was using kongta jb rom before this and s2e wasn't supported, thanks to dev now its supporting hats up to you man.

Guest 劉楓爻

it's my very first time to try paranoid android on my blade, wow, it's awesome! like the phablet UI, smaller but looks great. thx for your working! and s2e work fine, camera also. please keep working, 'cause i think i cant leave paranoid android any more. thx again! :) :D

edit: something here is not 'comfortable', actually, i cant see the 'menu' button on the right of action bar, i mean that three dots button, i have to press the hard menu button, is this the PA's bug? btw, i used the phablet ui. thx.

edit:sorry about that, i have looked full of settings and found it, System->Hardware keys->Show action overflow, never notice this before, and i dont know what it does until now. this ROM is nice!

Edited by 劉楓爻

ive followed the installation steps but not able to switch to hybrid mod, not even getting soft keys, i was using kongta jb rom before this and s2e wasn't supported, thanks to dev now its supporting hats up to you man.

pls make sure to wipe data/factory reset & format system, wipe dalvik cache before installing this rom, soft buttons should work without even rebooting

Can you include something like this ROM has

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1788518

Instead of status bar...

How about enable/disable Navigation bar/softkeys with long press menu button

will go through it,can't promise anything :-) --- though, you can always use the expanded desktop from the power menu..

Edited by zeelog

Guest ..Abel..

New version up, please check OP. Any constructive feedback will be greatly appreciated, I'm barely new here and I'm putting a lot of effort to get this up & running

Absolutely amazung till now ! Really smooth i was syrprised and everything is work without any problems till now ! great work

Guest sam tyler

the ROM has loaded fine.but just a little thing,there is no google play! i installed the the gapps packaged.but as i said no g.play.unless there is something ive got to set up on the phone(looked in settings no joy) any help? thanks.

unless you're sure you installed gapps ther's nothing additional to set up. You sure you have enough space ? - What's your partition size? otherwise i would try the following: either factory reset from settings menu or else do a full wipe + dalvik, reflash rom + gapps

Guest sam tyler

i could not find the partition size in settings,but in about phone the memory says 419 mb, tried a factory reset, didn't work.i reinstalled the rom + gapps,but got the same thing.could it be my c.m. recovery? im using v3.0.2.7 most g2 roms i use are working(using Swedish snow rom ) unless there is a guide to move memory or sort out the partition size.there is no lag on the phone,and i can use the apps on the phone.but as i cant get g.play,i cant get t.b. and restore my apps.is there a way of updating my recovery? and keep what was before? but as i said,what i saw of the rom it looks good! and as ive just remembered,why is the g apps pack 15mb? couldn`t the small versions work with this rom?

Edited by sam tyler

unless you're sure you installed gapps ther's nothing additional to set up. You sure you have enough space ? - What's your partition size? otherwise i would try the following: either factory reset from settings menu or else do a full wipe + dalvik, reflash rom + gapps

I'm having a similar problem, I tried withe the 15mb gapps by konstaKang, did everything as per the instructions but not even the native browser worked. I then factory reseted the phone,wiped all the data system+sd, partitioned sd with a 264mb ext partition with a 128mb swap. did the install again followed by gapps still nothing.. no play no chrome no(failed) native browser.

I redid the process several times more with gapps-ics and gapps-jb from goo.im both of about 83mb, but nothing..

I had CM7 prior to trying this.

i could not find the partition size in settings,but in about phone the memory says 419 mb, tried a factory reset, didn't work.i reinstalled the rom + gapps,but got the same thing.could it be my c.m. recovery? im using v3.0.2.7 most g2 roms i use are working(using Swedish snow rom ) unless there is a guide to move memory or sort out the partition size.there is no lag on the phone,and i can use the apps on the phone.but as i cant get g.play,i cant get t.b. and restore my apps.is there a way of updating my recovery? and keep what was before? but as i said,what i saw of the rom it looks good! and as ive just remembered,why is the g apps pack 15mb? couldn`t the small versions work with this rom?

no mate, that's not the partition size, download this https://hotfile.com/dl/172730048/bb7c1bd/ru.krikun.freespace.apk.html - copy apk onto phone sd, install and check system partition, personally I use a 215mb - should suffice. If you're not familiar with TPT/partition layouts I suggest you visit this thread: http://www.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/

I'm having a similar problem, I tried withe the 15mb gapps by konstaKang, did everything as per the instructions but not even the native browser worked. I then factory reseted the phone,wiped all the data system+sd, partitioned sd with a 264mb ext partition with a 128mb swap. did the install again followed by gapps still nothing.. no play no chrome no(failed) native browser.

I redid the process several times more with gapps-ics and gapps-jb from goo.im both of about 83mb, but nothing..

I had CM7 prior to trying this.

most likely you have the same problem, i.e. partition layout too small (especially since you're mentioning a cm7 ) partitioning sd and system partition are two completely different things - most probably you need a bigger tpt, yet again, I'm just guessing

Guest sam tyler

if you mean by flashing via tpt,i tried that with Swedish rom and my phone went up the wall.in the end i had to use version 7 of tpt. (i.e. gen 1 to gen2 via the cyanogen site)so i could use gen2 roms.as the tpt`s in the guide here didn`t work for me.anyway i went back to s.s. rom as i need a working rom. and on the partition sizes are /system 124mb/160mb /data 117mb/294mb /cache 0.00mb/42.mb /sd card(fat)5.08gb/29.71gb /systemsd(ext)unavailble i will download that file and try it. and i will try that guide.........just seen the guide,as i have updated my phone via tpt, shouldn't the phone partition already be fixed by the tpt install? and in theory,the rom should work for me already.

Edited by sam tyler

170m is a bit tight, rom might fit, but don't forget you also need to flash gapps, so you might need more than that.

I dont need gapps on my tiny RAM. really small.

my CACHE is 5mb.

poor DATA

Guest 劉楓爻

one word, it's surprise me this time! very, very smooth! smoothest ever! sometime, i cant believe it's can be done like this on my blade. everything is nice! just some little stuff here: (might be the constructive feedback?)

s2e

hm, it's not the big thing honestly, i repartition my sdcard, oh, too many apps need a space. i format sd-ext to 'ext4' instead of 'ext2', and i got FC on s2e opening, i didn't c the logcat, but i flash the simple2ext-v6-jb.zip from the cm10 thread and it works. so i wonder that is the embedded s2e app is 'too' old or something?

tweak

yeah, this ROM is already fast, very fast, but faster is gonna be better? right? see this http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2022216 i dont know if u know this or not, but this is awesome!

thx for ur hard work! :)

Edited by 劉楓爻

Perfect ROM..

Paranoid goodies makes it even better than CM10 ROMs...

BTW why doesnt adb detect the device..

was the case with your previous version too..

ADB worked fine on burstlam/konstats ROMs

Guest sam tyler

downloaded free space apk,it shows(in system size 160mb used 135mb free 24mb but it doesnt show how i can up the size,(to 215 as you say) do i need to put a new tpt file/zip? as in earlier post i did update phone via tpt(gen1 to gen2)update......put on gen2 stock tpt(220 system etc..)as per guide,reinstalled the rom and gapps,still no joy and as there is no file manager on the rom,i cant install the free space apk. and s2e says only data 244mb i gave it a try,and as i think the gen2 tpt didnt do the trick,back i go to cm7 and s.s. rom.thanks for the help.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest 劉楓爻

Perfect ROM..

Paranoid goodies makes it even better than CM10 ROMs...

BTW why doesnt adb detect the device..

was the case with your previous version too..

ADB worked fine on burstlam/konstats ROMs

turn the debug off and turn it on again, that works for me.