We're getting Jelly Bean according to ZTE!

Guest kn100

• 2 weeks later...

Oh lord I look forward to installing Jellybean on my dads Grand X if it resolves those issues (they drive me crazy) Any news on a release date?

Also does BBC iPlayer work on Jellybean?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bartasrex

Buggy is a big word, every handset has something that could annoy. In overall its a great phone and none of its issues really affects the daily use. I'm very happy with it. For that price it is really a great phone (bought for 140 pounds new on ebay), so there is nothing to complain about:)

Grand Era isn't good looking if it is about design, and would be probably much more (twice?) expensive.

Buggy is a big word, every handset has something that could annoy. In overall its a great phone and none of its issues really affects the daily use. I'm very happy with it. For that price it is really a great phone (bought for 140 pounds new on ebay), so there is nothing to complain about:)

Grand Era isn't good looking if it is about design, and would be probably much more (twice?) expensive.

grand era is on sale in china right now for £199.99

• 3 months later...
Guest bartasrex

here some news about jelly bean

http://wwwen.zte.com...219_375446.html

http://www.unwiredvi...1-1-jelly-bean/

release date seems to be 2012-12-19

so anyone find the rom to flash?

This update seems to be for Grand X with MTK, model from Indonesia have IPS display, HDR, SRS audio and other so I dont think that our Tegra 2 model is the same

Guest bartasrex

Loki86, yes, it says tegra 2, but if you read official annoucments on grand x in indonnesia it says it has powervr graphics, dual sim etc.... so it is that v970 version with mtk processor.

• 1 month later...
Guest pinglis

Loki86, yes, it says tegra 2, but if you read official annoucments on grand x in indonnesia it says it has powervr graphics, dual sim etc.... so it is that v970 version with mtk processor.

I have the dual sim mt6577 version ..where can i find this jb update?

Guest pinglis

search on google "zte v970 jelly bean xda" and you can find the jb update for your phone

thanks for that there is a jb rom over on xda but i need to have cwm installed in order to put it on the phone and at the moment am having a huge driver problem

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I contact ZTE many times but all answer is :

"We does not sell our product for customers directly, we sell the for re-seller like (orange, T-mobile, vodafone, ,,, etc.) and those company customize the smartphone as they need, if you have any request you have to ask them, then if they want us to supply them any update, then we will do."

very very bad customers support, looking to sell my ZTE and buy another one surely not ZTE.