Who...

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Well after returning my G300 to Tesco i'm really tempted to get one of these. All 4 Tesco stores near me have sold out of the G300 and if i have to pay £110 through Vodafone/Argos i think i might rather pay the extra £43 and go qHD/Dual Sim/Decent ICS/1GB RAM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bibbly

I bought one and now I wish I had not. Everything seemed pretty good at first, though GPS did seem a little poor. It seemed fairly fast, good sized memory etc. But now the earphone speaker is broken, I can't hear anything in a call unless I set it to speaker phone. So it's going to have to go back. I can't think of any reason why it has broken, I've looked after it and it hasn't been dropped or bashed. It just failed, not very good reliability in a phone less than two weeks old. Now we will see what Expansys customer service is like. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I bought one and now I wish I had not. Everything seemed pretty good at first, though GPS did seem a little poor. It seemed fairly fast, good sized memory etc. But now the earphone speaker is broken, I can't hear anything in a call unless I set it to speaker phone. So it's going to have to go back. I can't think of any reason why it has broken, I've looked after it and it hasn't been dropped or bashed. It just failed, not very good reliability in a phone less than two weeks old. Now we will see what Expansys customer service is like. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

That could happen with any smartphone... This smartphone is really good, before i had one huawei u8800 and zte blade, both are low cost smartphones and seem like cheap smartphones, this Acer is really well build and have no problems with wi-fi or GPS like the others that i had. It this one of the best smartphones (including single sim) that costs less then 200€...

Guest FrankieADZ

good luck with Expansys customer service....there pretty rubbish, i ordered a white version and they've been giving me the run around for a while. still not got the phone, and tbh...i might just cancel it...as im find Expansys service and attitude at times....awful, probably the worse ive encountered.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newuser1234567

I've got one as have been looking out for a good dual sim phone for a while.

I also waited in a phantom queue for 3 weeks for a white one. Expansys then pretty much admitted they don't have access to any white ones, but they'd dispatch a black one immediately. So black it is.

Great phone apart from battery life. I'm finding it can barely make it to 12 hours, with a max of say 30 mins within that spent on wifi or 3G. Also, when plugged into USB charging off a laptop or car socket it seems very slow to take a charge - so it's virtually impossible to keep it topped up on the go.

A great, but rather UNmobile mobile. I'm going to have to try rooting it and see if that helps. Is anybody else struggling with battery life?

Edited by newuser1234567

I've got one as have been looking out for a good dual sim phone for a while.

I also waited in a phantom queue for 3 weeks for a white one. Expansys then pretty much admitted they don't have access to any white ones, but they'd dispatch a black one immediately. So black it is.

Great phone apart from battery life. I'm finding it can barely make it to 12 hours, with a max of say 30 mins within that spent on wifi or 3G. Also, when plugged into USB charging off a laptop or car socket it seems very slow to take a charge - so it's virtually impossible to keep it topped up on the go.

A great, but rather UNmobile mobile. I'm going to have to try rooting it and see if that helps. Is anybody else struggling with battery life?

To improve battery life you just have to root the phone and change the cpu governor to ondemand or interactive. I use cpu master to do that.