[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B940 U8815 OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

From the posts on this thread I gathered that chrome WAS preinstalled, and seeing how all VF roms are B936 or B937 based, I hoped HW actually fixed something in this one, and included chrome just to show off how it is working ok now... but no difference, I see

did someone perhaps try out dead trigger on this one, are there still graphical glitches or artifacts?

Guest kiteboywales

Hi guys

Having a problem with this rom (works fine on one g300 not the other)

Cant turn on wi-fi - done a system reset within the phone, then booted to cwm and formatted there and wiped cache and then reinstalled the rom again but still no wifi

Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Colossae3.23

You know what's funny, I get this wifi freeze up every now and then. But I found that it only happens when I make any touch input immediately after turning it on. Like, I toggle on the wifi and then go and close the notification bar snd it freezes and a battery pull is the only thing for it.

BUT, if toggle in on and the wait few seconds for the icon to turn blue, it never freezes. Any one else notice that?

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest kiteboywales

Still cant get it to come on - have limited knowledge of updating roms tbh but tried this

Ive pulled battery cleared cache and formatted in cwm and reinstall but still cant get the wifi on

Pulled battery after flash and rebooted - waited a few mins and then tried turning wifi on but still wont go on

Guess Ill have tor try another rom and perhaps come back to this one???

Just tried again but this time formatting system also - worked after reflashing

Edited by kiteboywales

Guest nick_sub

Thanks kiteboywales. It seems like formatting system is the key then as I suggested in post 193.

Pocha - I'm afraid I can't remember if I flashed gapps but Chrome was installed in either the rom zip or the gapps.

Guest grabster

Installed this on friday and have to say i find its an improvement over infusion.

zippier and smoother.

I use beautiful widgets so the lack of toggles is no biggie and once the dictionary fix was done everything seems fine.

Not that infusion doesn't do the job,its just that i find it a bit bloated.

Edited by grabster

Guest sillygoose0

I used this ROM, installed with the update method (out of necessity after messing up following the root/install procedure on a website.. such an idiot) and I won't be changing again as its absolutely fine, a nice clean ICS base to work with. Had some issues with rooting (unlockbootloader), although root checker said it was OK things had trouble accessing root. Seemed that the binary was out of date to the app and wouldn't update via superuser. Superuser update fixer app sorted it out OK though and all seems OK.

Couple of annoyances really just down to ICS, no GPRS/3G toggle on the standard widget - use Power Toggles instead, sorted. Also the annoying 'Frequenty called' list before contacts on the phone app. There is a patch on Google Play but it wouldn't work for me. XPhone dialler app is nicer and show contacts without this.

Thanks to the op for putting this up, very happy.

• 1 month later...
Guest elperroderoke

Is from a Rusian company (Favelcom), but since is just a repack, that only includes the /system part of the original ROM, looks like stock Huawei.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...