[ROM] IKB [b940 base] b3 [updated 26-09]

Guest dt_matthews

Guest dt_matthews

Working good here, just google maps crashing. Will stick with it as its pretty much sorted otherwise and a few nice additions added.

Just one question, how do you close the clipper app ??

Given that Link2SD is installed, easiest way is to 'Freeze' or 'Uninstall' using that - just fire it up and select it, then choose the appropriate action. hth.

Actually, I put it as a non-system app so you can just uninstall it natively!

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest dt_matthews

I've got an update to upload which is benchmarking more than 20% faster, hopefully tomorrow, just a few things I need to do before its ready.

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest dt_matthews

do you have to install the old verison of b940 to install the current verison b940 or can you just install the current straight away

provided you have the correct [settings > About Phone > baseband 2030] you can just flash it. Edited by dt_matthews

Guest dt_matthews

thanks , so is that yes that you have the old version to upgrade to the new or you don't

It's as I said, if your current ROM is baseband 2030 you are fine to flash this straight off - just check your settings for the answer, its down to whatever you have previously flashed.

Good job, updating now

I can report gmaps appears to be working now :-)

This is a keeper everything working as it should, if you want frills go Infusion if you want clean install this is the one.

Edited by sedj

Guest dan nedan

hi tried ur rom

big issue: doesnt see vodafone provider signal

so no phone utility.

for the rest:

- sometimes - many times msg app has stopped

- no google voice

- in about phone - baseband version (unknown) whats this?

anyaway

back to infusion

Edited by dan nedan

Guest dt_matthews

hi tried ur rom

big issue: doesnt see vodafone provider signal

so no phone utility.

for the rest:

- sometimes - many times msg app has stopped

- no google voice

- in about phone - baseband version (unknown) whats this?

anyaway

back to infusion

Did you do *all* the wipes before installing?

This is a bb 2030 and is shown as such for me, so I would suggest something specific to your phone is causing this behaviour.

Google Voice - just download it.

Guest dan nedan

Did you do *all* the wipes before installing?

This is a bb 2030 and is shown as such for me, so I would suggest something specific to your phone is causing this behaviour.

Google Voice - just download it.

yes all.

and believe me. i know what iam saying.

is probably the 6th rom ive installed

actually 2 big issues are

- no phone and the bb unknown.

yea google voice. i know. i can download it. just wanted you to know

i think i can try again. because generally i liked the rom: nice and new apps. contacts are like in gb. offers a good management of contacts

but just offer me an explanation for no phone signal.

i cant use the rom without phone features.

and what about messages app. it stopped all the time.

Edited by dan nedan

Good job, updating now

I can report gmaps appears to be working now :-)

This is a keeper everything working as it should, if you want frills go Infusion if you want clean install this is the one.

out of curiosity. what do people mean when they say "clean rom"

no mods or something ?

never really understood what people mean by it :huh:

Guest dt_matthews

yes all.

and believe me. i know what iam saying.

is probably the 6th rom ive installed

actually 2 big issues are

- no phone and the bb unknown.

yea google voice. i know. i can download it. just wanted you to know

i think i can try again. because generally i liked the rom: nice and new apps. contacts are like in gb. offers a good management of contacts

but just offer me an explanation for no phone signal.

i cant use the rom without phone features.

and what about messages app. it stopped all the time.

What stock rom did you upgrade from, and what country are you in?

out of curiosity. what do people mean when they say "clean rom"

no mods or something ?

never really understood what people mean by it

Pretty simple you answered it yourself, i was looking for a stripped out stock rom wiih the voda bloat or huawei bloat removed. This fits the bill and is pre-rooted with memory tweaks pre installed probably just the same tweaks as yours?

After seeing complaints about reboots on your rom i decided to try this as it was on the 940 rom which i had upgraded to so as not to diverse from the upgrade path.

Most problems with roms are user inflicted by not doing wipes between different kernels that means dalvick and data always best to wipe unless upgrading the same rom (dan nedan needs to read this).

Edited by sedj

Pretty simple you answered it yourself, i was looking for a stripped out stock rom wiih the voda bloat or huawei bloat removed. This fits the bill and is pre-rooted with memory tweaks pre installed probably just the same tweaks as yours?

After seeing complaints about reboots on your rom i decided to try this as it was on the 940 rom which i had upgraded to so as not to diverse from the upgrade path.

Most problems with roms are user inflicted by not doing wipes between different kernels, always best to wipe unless upgrading the same rom.

was just wondering, as i hear people say clean rom in quite a few threads, never really been sure of what they mean by it though lol

was just wondering, as i hear people say clean rom in quite a few threads, never really been sure of what they mean by it though lol

seems people stopped using vanilla roms :D

Would rather have a stripped out rom that i could customise myself tbh, rather than a rom full of crap like the sgs3 rom

My thoughts exactly. I'm not interested in ROMs that have the author's preferred launcher and apps installed, the whole reason I root my phones is to remove bloat not install even more. "Clean ROM" as far as I'm concerned pertains to having removed as much vendor and manufacturer bloat as possible and provide a Nexus-esque ROM.

Edited by Malthus

Guest dan nedan

What stock rom did you upgrade from, and what country are you in?

did it again. same results> no phone signal, unknown baseband.

i`m from romania, i use vodafone ro.

gb / 927 (update.app) / 934 (zip) / infusion bo3 bo4 and the last b05 / ikb / back bo5

Edited by dan nedan