No Re-Root possible [B940]

Guest bigbossbols

Guest bigbossbols

hello, after I installed ics B940 via update.app I'm pretty stuck :(

I can't re-root my phone at all. i tried several root-possibilities. it always appears the message "no space left on device", which is kinda strange, cause installing apps fe is no problem, I even made a factory reset, but this didnt help at all.

Has anyone an Idea how to fix this?

Guest spicasso

Maybe it is a problem in the settings.

Please take a look at:

settings/storage and see if the internal sd card is set as default

if so change it back to external sd!!

Guest bladebuddy
hello, after I installed ics B940 via update.app I'm pretty stuck :(

I can't re-root my phone at all. i tried several root-possibilities. it always appears the message "no space left on device", which is kinda strange, cause installing apps fe is no problem, I even made a factory reset, but this didnt help at all.

Has anyone an Idea how to fix this?

Try deleting some of the unwanted system apps live wallpapers e.t.c

This could be you're problem as I had to delete some to fit busybox in.

Guest elperroderoke

Someone in HTCmania had the same problem. He has solved rooting with unlockbootloader.exe, BUT, once it complains about no space he has downloaded and installed Superuser.apk from GooglePlay (in this way is installed in /data not in /system/). He told "us" to come here and share the information with you, as you both had the same problem.

http://www.htcmania....75&postcount=33

Then he unlocked bootloader with unlockbootloader.exe and installed CWM.

Hope it helps you.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Someone in HTCmania had the same problem. He has solved rooting with unlockbootloader.exe, BUT, once it complains about no space he has downloaded and installed Superuser.apk from GooglePlay (in this way is installed in /data not in /system/). He told "us" to come here and share the information with you, as you both had the same problem.

http://www.htcmania....75&postcount=33

Then he unlocked bootloader with unlockbootloader.exe and installed CWM.

Hope it helps you.

Regards.

Bummer! No dice, I'm afraid. Bootloader and CWM have never been a problem, but just can't get root. Ran unlockbootloader.exe but that's not the one that complains about lack of space (I think that one was RootG300). Even so, have installed SuperUser from Play with an without first running the root batch files and neither worked. SuperUser is installed (although not visible from the app drawer), but Titanium Backup still reports no root access, as does the giffgaff APN app I am trying to use.

Guest elperroderoke

If you have Recovery CWM, why are you trying to root with unloockbootloader.exe, I think that was that created the problem (it's an idea I have).

Update with Recovery CWM = rooting with CWM and superuserARM.zip

Update with update.app = rooting with unloockbootloader.exe and superuser.apk from GooglePlay.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest biggiePaul

Hi elperroderoke,

Just have to say thanks. Put B940 on my G300 using the update.app method and could not root it. My IMEI was stuck as 0. No other updates working and thought I was stuffed. :-(

But your suggestion to use Superuser.apk from GooglePlay worked a treat.

I was able to install and run ToolBox5irom and restore my IMEI.

Still unable to install any other roms using update.app but at least I have an IMEI number. :-)

Thanks again.

Guest elperroderoke

Hi elperroderoke,

Just have to say thanks. Put B940 on my G300 using the update.app method and could not root it. My IMEI was stuck as 0. No other updates working and thought I was stuffed. :-(

But your suggestion to use Superuser.apk from GooglePlay worked a treat.

I was able to install and run ToolBox5irom and restore my IMEI.

Still unable to install any other roms using update.app but at least I have an IMEI number. :-)

Thanks again.

To change ROM, I think all you need is doing the "0 IMEI" hack and flash another ICS update.app ROM (B934 or B936), more "easy" to root, or just install the CWM recovery and change ROM using the B9XX repacked ROM.

Regards.