new response from huawei

Separately, and in reslonse to subsequent poss

here, we are committed to ICS for G300. We

recognise this has taken longer than we had

hoped, and longer than we optimistically hinted

at launch. However, we really hope to make

the UK version available soon. Thanks again

for your enquiry.

official - yes. See in the thread: 2 options. Update or Cwm. Update wipes Cwm etc. You'll need to unlock bootloader and root again.

Thanks for all the info frodo. Just few more questions to make things clear in my mind. I do not want to root or install custom rom.

1.Do i still need to unlock bootloader?

2. If i install via update route will it get rid of vodafone bloatware or do i have to wipe everything from the phone before update?

3. Update route means that i stick this rom on sd card and update via settings option. am i right?

Many thanks

Hi mate ok downloaded This and but had no joy updating, failed on me.

Can't work out why though any ideas.

If you tried the middle package followed by the update.app andit's still stalling then you might need to go down the imei changing route. It's safe enough if you make a few backups of the imei first.

Thanks for all the info frodo. Just few more questions to make things clear in my mind. I do not want to root or install custom rom.

1.Do i still need to unlock bootloader?

2. If i install via update route will it get rid of vodafone bloatware or do i have to wipe everything from the phone before update?

3. Update route means that i stick this rom on sd card and update via settings option. am i right?

Many thanks

1. If you do an update, yes. This will completely reset your phone. Just your sd card will remain untouched.

2. Depends which update you choose. Like i think I said, 940 only has Huawei apps. No Vodafone stuff. Note: you need to pull the battery for minimum 30 secs after you factory reset. Otherwise residual shite in ram will creep back in.

3. See above. Personally I'd use the vol up and down together at power on method.

1. If you do an update, yes. This will completely reset your phone. Just your sd card will remain untouched.

2. Depends which update you choose. Like i think I said, 940 only has Huawei apps. No Vodafone stuff. Note: you need to pull the battery for minimum 30 secs after you factory reset. Otherwise residual shite in ram will creep back in.

3. See above. Personally I'd use the vol up and down together at power on method.

Sorry but I got confused here.

1. Do you mean i have to unlock bootloader before installing B940? Do i need to root the phone before installing this update?

2. Thanks. I am fine with huawei apps its just voda bloat i want to get rid off as this phone will be used abroad and so no use of this bloatware.

3. Thanks. I will use that method.

Sorry but I got confused here.

1. Do you mean i have to unlock bootloader before installing B940? Do i need to root the phone before installing this update?

you'll need to unlock bootloader and root after installing it.

Can I install b936 over b936? i am happy with ram apart from voda bloat. I think someone said that b936 (official uk update) do not have voda bloat but because i did not do factory reset and not pulled the battery out its still there. Does anybody know if its possible to do same update twice?