OFFICIAL ICS ENGLAND

Guest mattia107

Guest PixelPixie

+1 for another SD card upgrade from b892. Installation went without a hitch. First thoughts were, where has all the ram gone :-(. Jury is still out on whether I prefer it over Huawei GB.

One thing that is really subtracting from the whole experience is the touch pal keyboard without the curve function. Has been my default keyboard for a while on all my devices, but the version on the rom is grey in colour not black and seems to lack the options to turn on curve input.

Can't be uninstalled and appears to the the same version on the play store as the curve version. So can't just download the version I want.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the touchpal curve working on this rom?

Guest Donkey Oaty

I have updated to 936 but my contacts keeps crashing in the dialler. I repeated get the message that contacts have stopped so i can't input a number. Any ideas?

I've clicked loads of things and it now seems stable. Not sure what I did but it is working.

Edited by Donkey Oaty

I cannot flash this over 926. Have tried stock 926. Tried forced and normal. Is it worth trying imei hack anyone and has anyone gone from 926 and see a difference

I will most likely have to use the IMEI hack method seeing as I have had to zero my IMEI pretty much for every official rom I have installed, so as soon as the OTA is released then I'll probably zero my IMEI, install B895, then install English B936 and if it all goes to plan then recover my IMEI.

If I were you I would try removing my SD card and placing the dload folder on the root of the internal memory and force install with volume buttons. It has worked for others and might work for you.

Seems to be a lot of bashing of Huawei going on on their Facebook Page especially as they have apparently pulled the G300 roms from their own site

Either they have cottoned on to the fact that people are not happy with the errors in it, or Vodafone told them to get it down, then again the general opinion appears to be neither of them care about their customers, so not really sure!!!

Guest kiteboywales

Just bought a new G300 today - was looking to install ICS but am I right in saying to hold off for now or just download and install??

Currently on stock 2.3.6

Ive read that theres no hardware acceleration in ICS version from huawei - is that correct???

Not sure what to do - first android phone - any info would be appreciated right now

Thanks and sorry -was initially thinking of "rooting" and installing a custom rom as in the sticky guide on this forum but have no clue if that would have any benefits really

This official update confused what I was going to do :)

Sorry for being a noob

Guest alexslane

Hi guys I'm using Paul's rom gr2 and I am rooted, downloaded this update but I'm not sure I can install, would I just be able to follow the installation process or would I have to revert back to stock first?

thanks for your help in advance.

Looks like huawei have made a cock up or something is going on.

The ICS rom has been pulled from their site and a guy over on facebook got this reply from huawei

"Hi. Just to clarify Huawei UK's position on G 300 / ICS, following a number of comments today, both here and on other forums. The Android software updates recently posted on a Huawei website were not final versions of software for the G 300, and were not intended to be made available. They have been removed. An official ICS upgrade for G 300 customers in the UK is still being tested by Huawei and Vodafone UK. We are working with Vodafone UK to release the correct update as soon as possible. We will notify you of its availability here, as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience."

Hmmmmmm

edit=I just got the same message as well...

Edited by deuse

The ICS rom has been pulled from their site and a guy over on facebook got this reply from huawei

"Hi. Just to clarify Huawei UK's position on G 300 / ICS, following a number of comments today, both here and on other forums. The Android software updates recently posted on a Huawei website were not final versions of software for the G 300, and were not intended to be made available. They have been removed. An official ICS upgrade for G 300 customers in the UK is still being tested by Huawei and Vodafone UK. We are working with Vodafone UK to release the correct update as soon as possible. We will notify you of its availability here, as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience."

Hmmmmmm

IE - Vodafone will add bloatware to this version before it gets released

Hmmmmmm

Really glad I didn't install now.. The next official rom I install will be the Official ICS for the UK.. I don't mind flashing CWM roms but starting again, having to set everything up from scratch is just too time consuming.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Hmmmmmm

Exactamundo. Which begs the question how come B936/940 is good enough for New Zealand and Russia, but not for the UK? Hm, hm? Gotta love PR reps; they do a great job of mimicing human speech via contortions of the anus.

Thanks mate, would I be able to install this over Paul's gr2 then?

for a repack ,i believe you already have to be on the same baseband which 2030...so you would have to flash the B927 UPDATE.APP AND THE VENDOR FILE TO GET THE BASEBAND and then you can flash any repack you want be it a stock rom or a custom one.

Guest alexslane

for a repack ,i believe you already have to be on the same baseband which 2030...so you would have to flash the B927 UPDATE.APP AND THE VENDOR FILE TO GET THE BASEBAND and then you can flash any repack you want be it a stock rom or a custom one.

Thanks for your advice mate its nice to get a response of someone in the know, and I have one last question where can I get b927 and would I have to do anything before installing? Or would a wipe just be sufficient?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your advice mate its nice to get a response of someone in the know, and I have one last question where can I get b927 and would I have to do anything before installing? Or would a wipe just be sufficient?

Thanks again.

Well the safest way would be for you to read this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356806-guide-upgrade-and-downgrade-the-g300-between-gb-ics-and-jb-with-downloads/

Read it and if you dont understand anything just ask.

It has everything you will need to upgrade.

Edited by mack_