G300 ICS vs GB

Guest mr_spatel

Guest mr_spatel

Hi,

does anyone think that the GB version on the G300 is much more stable?

I installed the ICS versions but noticed the phone would reboot this shows in the phone status uptime. there is dictionary issue, i know there is a fix.

But can the ICS random reboots be resolved?

Thanks

yes, gb is much more stable. Let huawei know about the problems with ics eg dictionary broken, no hardware accelerated ui despite many promises, slowdowns, random reboots etc:-

http://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice

https://twitter.com/HuaweiDevice

They should (not saying they will) fix it. Let 'em know that ics runs twice as smoothly on devices with half as much power.

Guest mr_spatel

yes, gb is much more stable. Let huawei know about the problems with ics eg dictionary broken, no hardware accelerated ui despite many promises, slowdowns, random reboots etc:-

http://www.facebook.com/huaweidevice

https://twitter.com/HuaweiDevice

They should (not saying they will) fix it. Let 'em know that ics runs twice as smoothly on devices with half as much power.

Thanks I have a Nexus S and ICS is ok well Jelly bean is fine on it. The G300 is a nice phone for the price and GB is nice on it - but ICS def needs Hauawei to look at it. So running B895 untill they get it sorted. ICS is on version 4.0.3 not the latest one.

Btw this is a great forum for the phone, surprised XDA forums have not got a section for the phone.

I've been running ICS for months now and I have had no stability issues, however there are a few bugs, which although are pretty easy to fix, should have been sorted out before release.

Personally I found GB laggy, and still is on my brothers phone, but ICS for me is super smooth. I don't know why some get a smooth GB but laggy ICS because for me it's the other way around.

Btw this is a great forum for the phone, surprised XDA forums have not got a section for the phone.

XDA took 6+ months to get a forum for the ZTE blade. It's primarily a US forum and they generally only focus on the more popular/US devices.

Guest mr_spatel

I've been running ICS for months now and I have had no stability issues, however there are a few bugs, which although are pretty easy to fix, should have been sorted out before release.

Personally I found GB laggy, and still is on my brothers phone, but ICS for me is super smooth. I don't know why some get a smooth GB but laggy ICS because for me it's the other way around.

Hi do you get no random reboots? I was able to sort out most things, but the random reboots wound me up. The reboots occured when I was not using the phone. Get upto 2-3 hours uptime, then it reboots. I did notice that when the phone is charging, there are no reboots. ICS is good but buggy i feel on the phone.

Thanks

Hi do you get no random reboots? I was able to sort out most things, but the random reboots wound me up. The reboots occured when I was not using the phone. Get upto 2-3 hours uptime, then it reboots. I did notice that when the phone is charging, there are no reboots. ICS is good but buggy i feel on the phone.

Thanks

On iCS I have never had a reboot. However I did have two reboots while running GB, the first one wiped the voda apps and I thought I had a dud motherboard but the second one just locked up and after a battery pull everything was fine. After that I just decided to install ICS and it's worked fine ever since.

Here's a video I made a while ago while running ICS B927 and I'm trying to crash the phone, but as you can see it runs smooth.

[media=]

I tried ICS many times (stocks and infusion) and always came back to GB. ICS just doesnť feel smooth enough for me. I miss some Infusion stuff but I value smoothness above all.

Guest RussellS

I can also confirm that I havn't had any reboots since updating to ICS. I've been running Infusion since beta 1 and not a single reboot. My phone is now showing an uptime of 40 hours which was when I updated to B05.

I have found every ics smoother then gb except miui.

The only thing that annoys me are blatant lies from a big manufacturer. If something can't be done id rather them say. I don't think there is much more that can be done to improve what we have got. Thats my opinion anyways. Paid 60£ and am happy with my phone and seeing as I paid 90 (robbed) for my crescent im good

Guest mr_spatel

I can also confirm that I havn't had any reboots since updating to ICS. I've been running Infusion since beta 1 and not a single reboot. My phone is now showing an uptime of 40 hours which was when I updated to B05.

Thanks all, will give infusion ago.

I'm still on (unrooted) B886 and am looking to upgrade but am reticent to go to ICS.

A couple of questions Mr Spatel:

• What were you before you upgraded to B895
  • How have you found it / had any problems with it

Edited by Guest

I'm finding ICS to be at least as stable and fast as GB. Was on stock, then Paul's rom then atomic, and then 936 then 940 and now Infusion (934) and never had any problems with ICS. 940 stock I liked best. Will go back to it soon.

After much fighting ( and swearing ) with the phone i'm now back on pauls B888 , after downgrading from atomic B5 . Kept getting network errors , which i never had on B888. Plus i think flash player performance is better on GB than ICS , might be me though :P

Guest bladebuddy

I agree with deodorant B940 runs very well don't have a problem with it myself perfectly good enough 4 daily use.

Also agree with the comment above this feels like an upgrade from the blade unlike the Crescent with the most appalling battery life I have ever seen on a phone ( unless it was a dud battery.

Guest mr_spatel

I'm still on (unrooted) B886 and am looking to upgrade but am reticent to go to ICS.

A couple of questions Mr Spatel:

• What were you before you upgraded to B895
  • How have you found it / had any problems with it

Hi I have used B885, B8892, B926 chinese, B934 and B936 - used them all. GB just seems to be solid and stable.

B985 installed today will know more over the next few days. So far so good. Im thinking of the Acer Duo phone the dual sim one now.

Guest maritimesbob

Yeah, I've been through pretty much all the roms, GB seems much more stable. ICS is great, but after a few days it seems to slow down and eat up memory. There is an enormous difference between GB and ICS when comparing memory useage.

I would have hoped an official ICS release from Huawei would have been more stable than this.

Guest mr_spatel

Yeah, I've been through pretty much all the roms, GB seems much more stable. ICS is great, but after a few days it seems to slow down and eat up memory. There is an enormous difference between GB and ICS when comparing memory useage.

I would have hoped an official ICS release from Huawei would have been more stable than this.

oh well, we just have to work with what we have - the custom rom guys are great, increases the range of choice.

Guest Aurimas L.

Not a single reboot with 1267Mhz and Infusion B05. But sometimes there is problem with slowdowns, maybe because of memory issue or something...

I hope, that in the future relyses guys will find a solution to these problems. Or maybe android is an OS, which needs 2 gigs of ram and quad-core cpu to run smoothly the UI... :-(

Not a single reboot with 1267Mhz and Infusion B05. But sometimes there is problem with slowdowns, maybe because of memory issue or something...

I hope, that in the future relyses guys will find a solution to these problems. Or maybe android is an OS, which needs 2 gigs of ram and quad-core cpu to run smoothly the UI... :-(

Not true lesser devices run it well

Guest sonicprogress

my gf's htc desire running cm7 runs rings around my g300 in terms of performance, responsiveness and scrolling speed. My phone before this one was a crappy x10 mini pro, and even ICS on that ran better.

Do you think when the OTA comes out I'll be able to get my money back from Vodafone?