How wells your G300 Lasted?

Guest Cardie

Got mine in early June and I work as a builder/mechanic so its spending most of its time in a dusty glovebox in a van or on top of an oily toolbox ive probably dropped it 20 times and its survived them all, still going strong, deffinatly been the best value for money ive ever bought!

Huawei logo and google logo on the back are pretty much gone, gorilla glass is doing its job and its got probably 3 or 4 deep scratches on the screen, and a few dents on the corners :)

post-985399-0-37713800-1348430100_thumb.

post-985399-0-76049800-1348430112_thumb.

post-985399-0-95149100-1348430124_thumb.

post-985399-0-32800900-1348430130_thumb.

Mines lasted well don't get the battering like above and still going strong. I did notice a little spec of dust under the glass which i suspect came because the way the battery cover comes off. Started to disassemble following a thread on here but aborted before separating the screen. No biggie cause you look "past" it when using phone.not a mark on it Thumbs up

Edited by b4da55

Had mine since early May. Fitted case to protect the body but no screen protector fitted. Has been dropped a few times (most spectacularly when I launched it in the air doing multiple somersaults (the phone that is, not me) until it landed with a crash on a hard floor. Rebooted itself on crash landing but was fine. Actually that sounds like I did it deliberately :-) What actually happened was it was sitting partially protruding off the edge of a worktop and I accidentally hit the end with a sort of launching motion. Don't try this at home :-)

No marks on case. Couple of very faint marks on screen but only if you pretty much study it with a magnifying glass. Spends most of its tine in my pockets when not in use. Well even when in my pocket it is often being used to stream radio with Tunein app.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest RussellS

I've also had mine since the beginning of May. I use my phone for work as a service engineer so it gets a lot of heavy use and does get knocked around a lot and has been dropped a fair few times. However, I've got a soft case on it and a screen protector so the phone is still looking as new. The only marks on the phone are from trying to prise the rear cover off.

I'm still very happy with it.

Cardie, please get yourself a Meifeng case :P .

I have had mine since the begging of May and it looks brand new, despite having been dropped a few times. I run with with, ride with it, chuck it into my back pack and the only thing worn out a little is the Meifeng logo on the back of the case, and that only happened because of the universal armband I'm using fits a little tight because I don't remove the case, so I have to force the last third, pushing it in to button it down. :)

Edited by Rico_89

Guest andy/newbie

Got mine in may dropped it a few times now got a case after I dropped it once the touch screen went on it. I googled it and found out there is a lose wire that can affect the touch screen. I gave it a good bang and then it worked again. Just got to be carfull now and a light drop and it hose again need to take apart and fix really apart from that its all good no scratch on screen but caseing is dented and scratch can not grumbble for money

Guest Aurimas L.

2 weeks, everything all right, maybe the ZTE Blade had a better quality of the body, G300 creaking sometimes makes me nervous...

Edited by Aurimas L.

Guest Chazmeister

Had mine more or less since day of release (about mid April). It went completely kaput at the end of July. The power just went and it wouldn't bootup with a battery in it. The only way to boot it up was via the charger, and even then only to access files for backup. The Voda store told me to get lost as I had unlocked it, so I sent it direct back to Huawei support instead. Rang them 2 weeks ago as still no phone back, and they tell me they're waiting on a part for it. Ring them today and they tell me the same thing. I kind of say, how long does it take to get a part in, as I was told this 2 weeks ago and you've had the phone for nearly 7 weeks now. Oh, hang on a minute then guy says, then he puts me on hold. Comes back 20 seconds later and then tells me that Huawei won't authorise a repair on my phone, guy doesn't know why as Huawei won't say why. He couldn't wait to get rid of me fast enough after that. So they're just sending me the phone back as was. So it's taken them 7 weeks just to tell me they won't fix the phone, no explanation given. WTF! I haven't dropped the phone or physically damaged it in anyway. Just had it unlocked and put some screen protectors on it, not rooted or anything like that. So why am I being shafted?

Seriously, seriously pissed off and unimpressed with their service. Will try Voda support over the phone next when I get it back. So far I've had 3 and a half months use of the phone and nearly 2 months downtime, which should Voda take it in for repair will likely be another few weeks more. I don't have the money to just chuck another £100 at a new one like it's a disposable cigarette lighter.

Like a lot of these cheap Chinese electronics, when they work, great. But as soon as they go tits up you're pretty much screwed.

Guest accyuklad

most companys would right off the mobile or repair it with in 4weeks and if not fixed they would replace it

i have had a sony in past and samsung that went wrong under 1year and got a replacement i wonder how many people be turned away from huawei

but i guess huawei dont like repairing or replacing phones

Edited by accyuklad

The Vodafone shop lied to you. They legally had to repair or replace under the sale of goods act. unlocking does not affect your rights under the sale of goods act.

btw did you try a different battery? What you described could be the symptoms of a dead battery.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Chazmeister

Yeah tried a different battery, no joy, and also tried reformatting the phone with the OS again on the off chance it was software related. It's deffo a hardware fault within the phone itself. Once I get it back I'll try Vodafone again to get it repaired.

If they give you any more trouble in the Vodafone shop just say that you are claiming under the "Sale of Goods Act". If they insist on having a Vodafone SIM/number (and you don't have one) tell them to log it into their system using the IMEI number as a claim under Sale of Goods.

As far as I know everyone who has stood their ground in a Vodafone shop with an unlocked phone (and reported back here) has succeeded in getting it accepted. The Vodafone shop assistants might even act surprised and say "Oh, that's surprising - the computer accepted it." Whether they are acting or ignorant is a good question.

Guest krishang3

Mine is new. No dents, scratches, fading. Just in exellent condition.

Have dropped it and tje case completely smashed but phone is intact havnt damaged the inside hardware compomets so I'm lucky

Mine is lasting very well. Only a small scratch on the screen which I think was caused by a jeans stud on a pocket opening. Gorrilla glass is most definitely not a save all item, but it is lasting very well. Having said that my Blade and Skate have even less marks on them but the G300 has probably put up with more.

Guest peweleng

Mines in almost perfect nick. I have it in a grey gel case that I got off Amazon that has protected the cheapo plastic G300 cover and improves the looks of it too. I tried fitting the screen protector that came with the case but it bubbled badly so the screens been bare since I bought it in July. So far It's not scratched despite some rough handling.

I've dropped the phone a few times, and its always survived, helped no doubt by the case.

I had one catastrophe when my G300 fell into the toilet (clean fortunately). I fished it out as fast as I could but it was completely submerged for a second or two. By some miracle the phone survived with all functions intact. There was a scary time when it refused to boot up but it recovered eventually. If this happens to you take the phone covers off remove the sim and sd and use a vacuum cleaner to suck out as much moisture as possible, as fast as you can. I think that's how I avoided bricking it.

Guest Chazmeister

Well went back to the Vodafone shop today with the returned handset from Huawei. Told the girl at the counter that it wasn't working and what the problem was, and lo and behold she dissapeared out back for a minute and came back with it working just fine, she'd put a new battery in it. Which is nice to have a working phone again just like that, but now I'm really confused as I'd already tried a new battery that I'd ordered off eBay but with the problem still persisting. So I check the phone out; yep it's all working fine again. So I try the battery I got off eBay and sure enough that works OK too. So I have no idea what the hell happened there, unless either Huawei did fix it when they had it or that some component was shaken out of place whilst I was using it as a satnav stuck to my windscreen and sending it back and forth between me an Huawei shook it back in place?

Now that I've got a working phone again, Yodel has turned today up with my £70 replacement from Very. I don't know whether to flog it to my mate, send it back to Very or keep it for justin. I could do with the £70 back to be honest as I was thinking of getting a Nexus 7, but now I don't know how confident I feel that the phone isn't going to fail again.

Guest Umrtvovacz

I have dropped the phone multiple times. Mostly from at least a meter height. Still perfectly fine, except few dents.

Once I somehow managed to throw the phone while exiting car. The phone reached my height and then plummeted to ground while wildly rotating. It hit the hard stone ground and split into three pieces: battery, back cover and phone itself. The impact was on its right top corner, which caused a little dent in the plastic (bigger than OP) but the screen or anything else is perfectly undamaged. I am truly amazed.

Guest krishang3
I have dropped the phone multiple times. Mostly from at least a meter height. Still perfectly fine, except few dents.

Once I somehow managed to throw the phone while exiting car. The phone reached my height and then plummeted to ground while wildly rotating. It hit the hard stone ground and split into three pieces: battery, back cover and phone itself. The impact was on its right top corner, which caused a little dent in the plastic (bigger than OP) but the screen or anything else is perfectly undamaged. I am truly amazed.

and gorrilla glass kicked in and saved the day..

• 1 month later...
Guest wards5150

My g300 went for a swim and survived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went out mountain biking and was covered in mud, cleaned down all my clothes by rinsing through in the sink. I forgot my phone was in my pocket and after plenty of dunking it dawned on me the phone was still in my pocket. I got the phone out and pulled the battery after that i dried all the excess water and left phone to dry for an hour. turned it back on and it rebooted straight away but then screen went black with only the three buttons lit up. I presumed the worst after much cursing and trying to boot. I then stuck the phone in a sealed container of rice and left for 8 hours. Couldn't wait any longer so tried to turn it on. To my amazement it booted 1st time all seemed fine all working. I put it back in the rice overnight as i could still see moisture behind the camera lens. Booted up again no problem the next day and still going strong after a week so fingers crossed I have not done any lasting damage.

Guest unaszplodrmann

My g300 went for a swim and survived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went out mountain biking and was covered in mud, cleaned down all my clothes by rinsing through in the sink. I forgot my phone was in my pocket and after plenty of dunking it dawned on me the phone was still in my pocket. I got the phone out and pulled the battery after that i dried all the excess water and left phone to dry for an hour. turned it back on and it rebooted straight away but then screen went black with only the three buttons lit up. I presumed the worst after much cursing and trying to boot. I then stuck the phone in a sealed container of rice and left for 8 hours. Couldn't wait any longer so tried to turn it on. To my amazement it booted 1st time all seemed fine all working. I put it back in the rice overnight as i could still see moisture behind the camera lens. Booted up again no problem the next day and still going strong after a week so fingers crossed I have not done any lasting damage.

Yeah, mine survives daily riding. It has gotten a good soaking on a number of ocassions when my jacket has 'wetted out' because I hadn't reproofed it soon enough and found the G300 sat in a small puddle in the outer breast pocket. Silica gel did the trick, just like rice... Just don't turn it on too soon - that's the risky bit!