Any interest on a JellyBean ROM for the P10AN10 (=DVC10) ?

Guest ejtagle

I have such thing, but has several quirks that can't be solved without SOME KIND OF SHUTTLE SUPPORT.... Yes, underlined and bold and italic... Bluetooth does not work, back camera does not work and sometimes tablet does not wake up from suspend...

Please, start writing to Shuttle. Without their help, this ROM won't go anywere. In fact, they should at least release the tablet kernel sources, as their are violating the GPL license by not releasing them...

What about to share your work on the rom so I can try to take a look at the code? Actually I can't find a working copy of nvflash for the N10, neither find something to do with the 2.2 rom... I tried some different nvidia bootloader but with no success... if you want help in development I'm here but help me to start it

----

Email to shuttle sent... let's wait for the answer...

Edited by ARi3S

Guest ejtagle

What about to share your work on the rom so I can try to take a look at the code? Actually I can't find a working copy of nvflash for the N10, neither find something to do with the 2.2 rom... I tried some different nvidia bootloader but with no success... if you want help in development I'm here but help me to start it

----

Email to shuttle sent... let's wait for the answer...

Ok, I will post it ... I have a working nvflash, bootloader and kernel, but, as i said previously, some things are not working ... (bluetooth, back camera... And someone else said the tablet sometimes locks while suspended. It does not happen with mine, so...

The kernel sources are already posted on this same forum...

Guest ejtagle

Well, as promised, a HALF WORKING JB rom for the DVC N10. Don't blame me if your tablet burns into flames after flashing it (but mine hasn´t and works pretty well). Most things work EXCEPT BACK CAMERA, BLUETOOTH and sometimes tablet freezes or does not return from suspend.

The rom is not completely rooted. There is no recovery...

ALL THOSE PROBLEMS ARE SHUTTLE CAUSED ONES. THEY ARE VIOLATING GPL BY NOT DISTRIBUTING THE LINUX KERNEL SOURCE CODE used for the tablet. I HAD TO REVERSE ENGINEER MOST DRIVERS. IT WAS a VERY PAINFUL porting effort...

So, sorry, but i won't be fixing ROM bugs. I have already dedicated too much time to this device, and i think it would be easier to buy a better product. As stated previously, i won´t be answering questions about the things that do not work. Because I found no way to make them work without some kind of Shuttle support, specifically, technical information of some kind... Ideally, detailed circuit schematics, but, at least a technical description on how to make bluettoth / back camera work... Ask Shuttle, not me. And promise you will never, ever, buy another device from Shuttle. With this kind of user support and legal fulfullment they sport, they should just go into bankrupcy. They don't deserve our money.

ROM:

http://www.mediafire...5vae5f5id58a6o9

To flash it, press volume up, and while keeping it pressed power up the tablet with the power button.

JB lunch target (for latest JellyBean version)

http://www.mediafire...nnbao8i586apkt8

The kernel sources: You can find them in the previous thread

The only thing i will answer is if someone manages to make a non working part of the tablet work... Later i will post the disassembled 2.2 kernel and some info i collected about hw while i was reverse engineering the 2.2 kernel..

Edited by ejtagle

Ok, thanks a lot ejtagle... I already have the sources from nvidia git, just patched with your work... now that i have a way to test it into my tablet I can try to take a look. Thanks again! I hope to have some sort of success...

• 2 months later...

Hi..My company also buy N10 tablet for sale and very disappointed with the news they can't release ics for this product. They also have the problem with back camera and 3g connectivity on their ics rom..They can't continue to develop the rom without support from nvidia itself..Maybe you can contact one of their development team member floyd at the given e-mail address..Anyway nice work with the jb rom..If you want the scematic i can e-mail it to you once i found the file..Can't wait for fully working jb on this device

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ejtagle

Well, still working on this... Attached an improved kernel patch against nvidia reference kernel rel15r7 that fixes bluetooth and several other things...

Also linked my latest lunch target for android 4.2.1 for the N10 ... http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jqe11939k4kl5ye

And also linked a precompiled android 4.2.1 ROM for the N10 http://www.mediafire.com/?tkclv8j577ancu7

Issues not resolved yef:

-Back camera still not working

-Suspend of death. I suspect that the wifi driver is the culprit here. as if i disable wifi before the tablet enters suspend, then the tablet always resumes.. More investigation required

All the other things should be working, including bluetooth!... In case you need to root the ROM, using adb, dp

adb remount

adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

adb reboot

That should be all

rel15r7.rar

Hi ejtale,

Thanks for the upload & continued work!

I have had my N10 for almost a year now & have not really used it because of the no market & other issues.

Looking forward to having it updated, once I research the procedure on how to do this as im not the most tech savy. ( Any pointer would be greatly appreciated!) :)

Also i came across this link of what seems to be a working version of 4.04 on YouTube:

Guest windf100

nice work ejtagle ! I'am so happy.New rom and it is android 4.2.1 Oh yeah

my cellphone only android 4.0...Now just find way bypass The Wall to get rom.

You are last hope of my pad. DVC in china Those Ungrateful bastard are already abandon us.

sorry for my poor english...

Guest ejtagle

To update the tablet, starting from the tablet powered down:

-Hold volumeUP, and while holding it, press the power button. The tablet will start in recovery mode (no display, but, if you connect it to your computer through the USB port, it will be detected as a Nvidia recovery device... You need to install the proper drivers for it... The sam as the ones used for the p10an01 tablet will work. Then, unpack the rom and run lvds.bat...

Guest ejtagle

Hi ejtale,

Thanks for the upload & continued work!

I have had my N10 for almost a year now & have not really used it because of the no market & other issues.

Looking forward to having it updated, once I research the procedure on how to do this as im not the most tech savy. ( Any pointer would be greatly appreciated!) :)

Also i came across this link of what seems to be a working version of 4.04 on YouTube:

That was a prerelease version i did about 6 months ago....

Guest ejtagle

Well, just as a reference, I am posting the my latest kernel patch against rel15r7 ... I managed to make the back camera work... So, i think it is important. Later, i will post the new resulting ROM, but, still there are things that must be polished... The suspend of death is one of them, the other is that the back camera does work with some programs, but not all of them...

rel15r7_v2.rar

• 2 weeks later...

I've been testing the rom for about 2 weeks now and here is the verdict:

1. It is a little bit heavy on memory and sometimes the tablet just freeze

2. The sound sometimes became to quite even on the docking

3. Sometimes the screen got flicking

ejtangle: nice work man..hope will improve on the rom development..

Edited by ary83

Eve follow this step:

Download precompiled android 4.2.1 ROM for the N10 http://www.mediafire...tkclv8j577ancu7

To update the tablet, starting from the tablet powered down:

-Hold volumeUP, and while holding it, press the power button. The tablet will start in recovery mode (no display, but, if you connect it to your computer through the USB port, it will be detected as a Nvidia recovery device... You need to install the proper drivers for it... The sam as the ones used for the p10an01 tablet will work. Then, unpack the rom and run lvds.bat...

But to update kernel it need to be rooted..

With the installation of the precompiled firmware is clear what I did.I want to install kernel patch rel15r7_v2.rar.

Edited by eve25

Superuser rights can not be obtained.

adb remount

adb reboot

All commands are run without errors. Superuser rights do not appear.

Can I put the firmware is compiled with the latest changes?Another said, comes out of sleep mode when power is connected, or is connected to the computer.

Guest ejtagle

Superuser rights can not be obtained.

adb remount

adb reboot

All commands are run without errors. Superuser rights do not appear.

Can I put the firmware is compiled with the latest changes?Another said, comes out of sleep mode when power is connected, or is connected to the computer.

adb remount is not working, but using adb shell, you can remount the system in rw mode... and that does work...

adb shell sudo mount -o remount,rw /

Later i will post the latest ROM version, that fixes the low memory issues and also partially fixes back camera...

Edited by ejtagle

Guest ejtagle

how about the gps & 3g..it's not working??any fix??

GPS and 3G, both should be working... Maybe i have missed setting SUID root the pppd daemon required for 3G, but absolutely everything is in place to make 3G work. Regarding GPS, it takes some time and a clear view of the sky to get the first fix, but eventually it does. Try GPSTest, from market...

3g external modem does not work. The network to identify, but no Internet. Another error occurs when you try to go to 'settings - memory'.Superuser rights and could not get.

Edited by eve25

Guest ejtagle

3g external modem does not work. The network to identify, but no Internet. Another error occurs when you try to go to 'settings - memory'.Superuser rights and could not get.

External 3G modems are not always working, and it is extremely difficult to support all the ones that are on the market right now. The JB4.2 image should support some Huawei 3G modems, but not all of them. I have specifically targeted the EM770W and mu509 internal modems that are used as internal 3G modems in the N10. You can try to install the AppStore app called PPP widget... Sometimes, it is able to make a non working external modem work with the tablet....