Sign in to follow this  
yaqh

please help i think i have bricked my phone

yaqh    15

i am trying to put custom rom and it's frozen on the boot screen, i put 936 it updated fine so i decide to put the 940 rom i tried boot load and clockwork im not sure if i got it rooted but suddenlt froze and now can't get it passed the boot screen

Hogweed    70

What happens if you power on with Vol+ and Vol- for a forced install? Use the last ROM that worked for you. If that fails then you need to try a small update usually called "the middle package" first and then try again.

I am assuming Power + Vol+ doesn't get you into CWM on startup otherwise just flash a new ROM in CWM,

Edited by Hogweed

yaqh    15

i have put the dload folder on the sd card and tried holding vol up and down methord but all i get is pink screen. when i take the battery out and plug the usb cable it still stays on the logo.

yaqh    15

What happens if you power on with Vol+ and Vol- for a forced install? Use the last ROM that worked for you. If that fails then you need to try a small update usually called "the middle package" first and then try again.

I am assuming Power + Vol+ doesn't get you into CWM on startup otherwise just flash a new ROM in CWM,

i have put the dload folder on the sd card and tried holding vol up and down methord but all i get is pink screen. when i take the battery out and plug the usb cable it still stays on the logo.

Hogweed    70

The pink screen normally indicates the update wasn't found rather than a major fault condition. Double check it is where it should be. Reformat and/or try another SD card if possible. Also worth a try with this "middle package" first http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/

Edited by Hogweed

yaqh    15

The pink screen normally indicates the update wasn't found rather than a major fault condition. Double check it is where it should be. Reformat and/or try another SD card if possible. Also worth a try with this "middle package" first http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/

cant be anything wrong with the card as i used it when updating from stock ginbread to b936

Hogweed    70

Sometimes it just gets fussy and/or filesystem corrupted. Anyway others have reported success just by trying another SD card or reformatting the old one first. I would try a forced install of the small middle app though first to see what, if anything, happens.

Edited by Hogweed

yaqh    15

Sometimes it just gets fussy and/or filesystem corrupted. Anyway others have reported success just by trying another SD card or reformatting the old one first. I would try a forced install of the small middle app though first to see what, if anything, happens.

which is the small middle app can you please provide link