MSM7x27a Devices Getting Jelly Bean

Guest tcpaulh

OK, it looks like there will be some MSM7x27a Jelly Bean sources to play with. Massive props to the first person who finds any.

ZTE N880E - Shipping with Jelly Bean

LG Optimus L7 (P700) - Jelly Bean coming

Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 (s6500D) - Getting Jelly Bean Can run Windows 95 lol

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (International Version S7500,GT-S7500) (Latin America version S7500L,GT-S7500L) - Getting Jelly Bean

Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562) - Getting Jelly Bean

HTC Desire V and VC - Allegedly Getting Jelly bean

ZTE Blade II, Zte Crescent - Dazzozo already on it.

Sony Xperia J - Getting Jellybean

ZTE Skate Acqua Getting Jelly Bean

Huawei Ascend Y200 (Huawei U8655)

HTC Desire VT T328t

Huawei Ascend Y201 (Huawei U8666)

Motorola Defy Pro XT560

Motorola MOTOLUXE XT685

Alcatel One Touch OT-993

Motorola Defy Pro XT560 A

ZTE Nova V6500

Alcatel One Touch OT-993D

ZTE Blade III

Motorola Atrix TV XT682

Acer Liquid Glow (E330) - ICS

Motorola Defy XT (XT535) - ICS

Motorola Motoluxe (XT615) - Nowt

Nokia Lumia X10 - Windows phone 7.5.1 - Fat chance

Samsung Omnia M - Windows phone 7.5 - Fat chance

Please suggest additions/deletions :)

Edited by tcpaulh

The current list looks right. Crescent is actually MSM7227T according to Qualcomm, which is actually identical to MSM7227 with higher stock clock speeds. :P

People are asking for more, when actually I'm fairly sure we have the most working on this relatively new chipset. It's not "just" MSM7227 with an ARMv7 core smacked on top as was reported by the news, it's a completely different design to MSM7227.

As more and more people pick up devices with this SoC the work gets easier as you have more people working on the same stuff. I already have a Huawei device I'm "watching" that is of the same generation of Huawei devices, and shares a lot of Huawei weirdness in common, other than obviously the chipset. That led to the discovery of the CWM charge fix.

Guest razzmataz1478
The current list looks right. Crescent is actually MSM7227T according to Qualcomm, which is actually identical to MSM7227 with higher stock clock speeds. :P

People are asking for more, when actually I'm fairly sure we have the most working on this relatively new chipset. It's not "just" MSM7227 with an ARMv7 core smacked on top as was reported by the news, it's a completely different design to MSM7227.

As more and more people pick up devices with this SoC the work gets easier as you have more people working on the same stuff. I already have a Huawei device I'm "watching" that is of the same generation of Huawei devices, and shares a lot of Huawei weirdness in common, other than obviously the chipset. That led to the discovery of the CWM charge fix.

If anyone's curious, the T that Dazzozo is referring to means 'Turbo' I think.

ZTE UK got back to me and said N880E wasn't available in the UK. I asked them to publish/provide source anyway.

I asked other ZTE contacts as well (worldwide) but no other responses yet. If they dont get back to me I'll hash something together from

GPL licence violation could lead to your right to market uncompliant devices being withdrawn.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

The Linux Kernel (which is present in every running Android ROM in some shape or form) is licensed under the GPL (General Public License - version 2).

There is no provision in the GPL to withhold access to sources based on time or other conditions, so please don’t attempt this, as it will only earn yourself a formal GPL request. If you do not provide the correct, accurate, and up-to-date sources (and keep them up-to-date), you will be non-compliant with the GPL.

In order to be fully GPL compliant, your sources must:

Successfully build and produce a valid output file, which is the same format as provided in the binary

Contain all source code, interface definition files, scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable (it is not required to include the actual compiler/toolchain, but sufficient information should be made available to obtain the SAME configuration, including compiler flags, as used to build the binary version as released)

The GPL is a legally enforceable license agreement, and while it offers users freedoms to copy and redistribute code, that permission is conditional upon all changes which are released being made publicly available. If you require further advice on this matter, we suggest you review the license itself or consult a lawyer.

[email protected] - Free Software Foundation

If there seems to be a real violation, the next thing you need to do is record the details carefully:

the precise name of the product

the name of the person or organization distributing it

email addresses, postal addresses and phone numbers for how to contact the distributor(s)

the exact name of the package whose license is violated

how the license was violated:

If they still play up I'll copy them in on a licence violation report + let them know I'm sending a Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) report to google which could result in market (play) access being withdrawn.

ZTE UK got back to me and said N880E wasn't available in the UK. I asked them to publish/provide source anyway.

I asked other ZTE contacts as well (worldwide) but no other responses yet. If they dont get back to me I'll hash something together from

If they still play up I'll copy them in on a licence violation report + let them know I'm sending a Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) report to google which could result in market (play) access being withdrawn.

Badass! If only Huawei released source for the Wi-Fi module. :P

Also, the Blade II is a different device to the Crescent. We initially thought the terms could be used interchangeably but then ZTE released a second device, actually marketed with the name Blade II.

I believe the Blade II is actually 7x27a, but I'm not certain.

You don't have much of a case here. ;) There's a whole line of ZTE devices that go with board name atlas40 (N880E, V880E, V889D, Skate Acqua, Medion P4012, Momodesign MD Droid, Telecom R22, etc). These are virtually the same device. There's already two kernel sources available for this device (here and here). It's basically the same 3.0.8 source but in the second release they updated few drivers and removed all of their (sometimes useful) ZTE specific comments from the code. Jelly Bean update for N880E was released at very early stage (see my post here for download) and it still had that same 3.0.8 kernel.

If you want to get GPL on ZTE's ass, I've got a 3.0.21 kernel for ZTE N880F (msm8625 device for CDMA network in Blade III casing). I know these ZTE devices can be very confusing... :P

CTS is designed for OEMs to verify that their modifications won't break Android APIs. It has nothing do with the kernel source and you can't even make a report unless you have an actual device to run the test with.

ZTE Skate Acqua has a jelly bean update coming. I think I read something about update for Blade III but can't find a link.

You don't have much of a case here. (BLOODYQUOTEDSMILEYS)There's a whole line of ZTE devices that go with board name atlas40 (N880E, V880E, V889D, Skate Acqua, Medion P4012, Momodesign MD Droid, Telecom R22, etc). These are virtually the same device. There's already two kernel sources available for this device (here and here). It's basically the same 3.0.8 source but in the second release they updated few drivers and removed all of their (sometimes useful) ZTE specific comments from the code. Jelly Bean update for N880E was released at very early stage (see my post here for download) and it still had that same 3.0.8 kernel.

If you want to get GPL on ZTE's ass, I've got a 3.0.21 kernel for ZTE N880F (msm8625 device for CDMA network in Blade III casing). I know these ZTE devices can be very confusing... (BLOODYQUOTEDSMILEYS)

CTS is designed for OEMs to verify that their modifications won't break Android APIs. It has nothing do with the kernel source and you can't even make a report unless you have an actual device to run the test with.

ZTE Skate Acqua has a jelly bean update coming. I think I read something about update for Blade III but can't find a link.

Thanks Konstat

So there's little point in asking for JB source as long as a 3.0.8 source is available?

Re CTS, I've got to hold my hands up, it would be little more than blackmail. I have access to a couple of ZTE devices and can run CTS against them. Bound to be some failures. "Release the source for xxxxx busters or I send google a copy of CTS test failures for phone yyyy" hehe

Edited by tcpaulh

Found it, with the quite hilariously badly translated description of:

Madden! ZTE launched the first official test by Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) N880E trial version, the latest to experience the best of ZTE smart phone smart times

Guest KonstaT

Does the N880E actually have Jelly Bean? Like, now?

Is there a stock ROM dump for it? I could leech some props...

Ermmh, yeah it's really difficult to find. :P It was linked two posts above yours. Lol, you've even used the build fingerprint from it in your crescent build for couple of months. ;)

... Jelly Bean update for N880E was released at very early stage (see my post here for download) ...

Guest Dazzozo

Ermmh, yeah it's really difficult to find. :P It was linked two posts above yours. Lol, you've even used the build fingerprint from it in your crescent build for couple of months. ;)

Doesn't mean I have to have the dump now, does it? :)