Android Dual Core Mini PC (RK3066 - UG802?) only £29.99 at Amazon

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Edit: This item is now showing as unavailable.

In my Rikomagic MK802 II review I concluded that the concept really had some potential, but that the single core Allwinner CPU really was somewhat underpowered. I've since bought a UG802 with a Dual Core RK3055 CPU from China and now an Amazon seller is offering the very same for a crazy-cheap £29.99!

Branded as a 'Klastor Android TV-PC Dual Core', the stick matches the UG802 in both the pictures and in the specs, namely...

• Rockchip RK3066 Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 (1.2GHz x 2) CPU
  • Quad Core Mali 400 GPU
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 1GB RAM
  • 4GB ROM
  • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
  • 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Micro SD slot, 1 x Micro USB host port
  • 10.1 x 3.8 x 1.3cm
  • 40g

The device is definitely fun to play with at only £29.99 and it's likely to sell out fast... so head on over to Amazon to buy or find out more!

Note that there are some reports of WiFi issues currently on the UG802, however earlier software builds didn't have the same problems, so it appears it's software related at the moment. I haven't really had a chance to play with mine yet. :)

We have a new Android Mini PC area online here to share your experiences.

[Via: HotUKDeals]

Click here to view the item

Guest buttonsandzips

Just bought one, worth a punt to be able to watch stuff from my NAS on bedroom TV. Anyone know of any apps so I can use my android phone or tablet as a wireless keyboard/mouse for the UG802?

Guest Matchstick

I use a Logitech K400 - http://www.logitech....-keyboard-k400.

I'm going to grab a USB ethernet adaptor as they work with these too and are only about $8 on dealextreme!

P

Paul,

which USB adaptor are you thinking of ?

Seem to be a good selection on dealextreme to choose from but few if any say which chipset they use so I'm not sure which will be Android friendly.

Just bought one, worth a punt to be able to watch stuff from my NAS on bedroom TV. Anyone know of any apps so I can use my android phone or tablet as a wireless keyboard/mouse for the UG802?

Guest andybarker

Arggh, added to basket, clicked "Place your order" and it then said it was sold out, looks like someone just beat me to the last one!

Me too, then I tried again a few times and I got lucky.

Now to figure out what I'm actually going to do with it!

Guest andybarker

Mine arrived this morning. Spent 5 minutes checking it out on the TV, and all looks well.

Full HD output fine, played a 720p MKV file perfectly from a Micro SD card. Was using an old keyboard + trackball with a PS2 - USB adapter, and that worked.

Connected to WPA2 WiFi OK (picked up the local hotspot, and another one 10m away at a similar signal level to my Transformer Prime.

No bluetooth installed (was hoping for that to connect a keyboard to it, but will try a BT dongle later on).

Guest Matchstick

So much for a week to delivery, the stick has arrived this morning.

Packaging is surprisingly nice for the price, with a printed quick-start guide, a MicroUSB cable (bizarrely it's a Samsung branded one), a short HDMI extension cable and a UK 2A MicroUSB Charger.

Sadly none of the monitors here have an HDMI interface and I don't have a HDMI->DVI adaptor so I can't try it till I get home.

Guest jamoiholland

Ooo nice, knew someone would stick an RK3066 in one of these soon enough. I know that Rockchip have already released Jellybean builds for the platform so only a matter of time before one of these ships with JB. Think I'll wait it out...

UPDATE: Looks like its already happened... http://androidyo.com...ith-jelly-bean/

That one also has USB OTG as well which this one hasn't :-(

Edited by jamoiholland

Guest Toksin

Is anyone else getting poor wireless performance from theirs?

Not only are the transfer rates really poor, even with excellent signal, but also I'm noticing the overall device performance is slowing down dramatically during transfers.

For example, downloading an app in google play, even a small 2mb one causes everything (including the mouse cursor) to crawl to a snails pace, until the download completes.

I'm going to have to switch to ethernet at this rate. :(

Edited by Toksin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.