Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weezle

[Q] Unlocking San Diego - Does This Work?

8 posts in this topic

This method has been found before:

Read the whole page...

Hi Guys,

I am new to Modaco but thought I would add a comment regarding this phone.

Bought it on PAYG with Orange UK and confirm it's a really good phone; faster than my previous HTC Evo 3d (Dual Core) and now also runs on ICS :-)

Now the negatives... Unlocking... Not an easy job...

Tried 2 local shops in Portsmouth and they admitted defeat...

Tried 2 online unlocking services... The first, after a few hours, came back negative... The other one (30 Euros in France) I am still waiting for a response...

If that fails, quick question... I read the mention of Tmobile... Do Tmobile sims now work with Orange phones?

They never used to.. but I assume the new sims are now setup the same way across both networks due to the everyone everywhere merger...

Will keep you guys updated with any progress that I make but so far unlocking is proving very difficult...

Hi Guys,

I am new to Modaco but thought I would add a comment regarding this phone.

Bought it on PAYG with Orange UK and confirm it's a really good phone; faster than my previous HTC Evo 3d (Dual Core) and now also runs on ICS :-)

Now the negatives... Unlocking... Not an easy job...

Tried 2 local shops in Portsmouth and they admitted defeat...

Tried 2 online unlocking services... The first, after a few hours, came back negative... The other one (30 Euros in France) I am still waiting for a response...

If that fails, quick question... I read the mention of Tmobile... Do Tmobile sims now work with Orange phones?

They never used to.. but I assume the new sims are now setup the same way across both networks due to the everyone everywhere merger...

Will keep you guys updated with any progress that I make but so far unlocking is proving very difficult...

Orange, T-mobile and Virgin sims work on the phone

The method does not work OP, it was a misunderstanding that flashing the xolo update would sim unlock the device,

however, we know that is not true since most of us have been on this update.

Thanks punjuk12... Just realised I posted on the wrong discussion doh; was suppose to be on the link provided by Vermat17...Oh well...

Still a nightmare to unlock this phone I can also confirm that the Xolo update should not be used... i.e. it does not unlock the phone...