• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ARCHIVE] RIL FOR ALL STOCK BASED ICS ROM'S

78 posts in this topic

Posted

RIL works fine for b926 base and infusion b6

Posted

B937 RILL ADDED

Posted

i flashed b937 cwm way, so just downloaded the ril b937 tryed to flash it but got installation aborted/bad zip, or somethink simerler,dose anyone no what i have done wrong plz?

Posted

i flashed b937 cwm way, so just downloaded the ril b937 tryed to flash it but got installation aborted/bad zip, or somethink simerler,dose anyone no what i have done wrong plz?

try renaming the zip then re-adding it to the sdcard

Posted

Example: if the last official update (update.app) you did was B926 then you should flash B926 RIL

IF YOU ARE HAVING RANDOM REBOOTS AND NETWORK PROBLEMS THIS COULD RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS.

Sounds tempting :)

Just to get things clear in my head:

this should stop reboots occurring through losing 3G connection while on data?

Because if I am on 2G only (box ticked) these reboots do not occur while travelling through tunnels and things - i.e. losing connection.

I do not have _any_ problem with wifi since leaving GB.

I'm on B926 base with B934.zip on top. I will flash B926 RIL then.

What exactly has been changed - or was the bug causing this?

I am intrigued :unsure:

Posted

try renaming the zip then re-adding it to the sdcard

tryed that still says E: bad zip,il redownload and try again

Posted

Well... I can confirm that, at least with B926, this works. I've just reached 127 hours without reboots including some travels by car.

What I can't understand is that my wife's G300, updated to B934 and then Infusion B05 (based on B934), keeps rebooting. Installing the 934 ril there has no sense... or am I wrong?

And another question... when I installed the fix in my phone, I deleted caches, restore defaults, etc... is this necessary?

Thanks for your work, Tillaz!

Posted

hmm ok I`m on BB 2030.. with the odd reboot a day :( I`m guessing I cant use any of these RIL`s?

I`m on B06

Posted

hmm ok I`m on BB 2030.. with the odd reboot a day I`m guessing I cant use any of these RIL`s?

I`m on B06

use the one that matches your last official updates build number

last updata.app you used.... "not flashable.zip"

Posted

so the ril i need is b927?as that is the one i went to from gb to ics b927,even though i have flashed a repack zip b937 over on cwm am i right it needs to be only the offical update i done b927?

Posted

use the one that matches your last official up dates build number

last updata.app you used.... "not flashable.zip"

Ah crud!! I can't remember what i used :(

Posted

so the ril i need is b927?as that is the one i went to from gb to ics b927,even though i have flashed a repack zip b937 over on cwm am i right it needs to be only the offical update i done b927?

Yes install the b927 ril

Posted

Yes install the b927 ril

thanks mack,needed to be sure

Posted (edited)

hmm ok I`m on BB 2030.. with the odd reboot a day I`m guessing I cant use any of these RIL`s?

I`m on B06

Don`t think I used an update.app

Now what do I do ?

Looking at my G300 folder I have these in there...

B934-ROM-REPACK.zip

b926-root-bl.zip

I`m guessing I`m used these files... where would I be at you think?

Edited by Degurney

Posted

@Degurney, the question is (probably) how did you originally upgrade from GB to ICS (requires an official update.app), this is likely the RIL you need to reflash if you're suffering regular reboots.

Posted

Got a major problem I assume is ril related. Having flashed the 926 ril as recommended in infusion thread to solve reboots I have had terrible data speeds. Ping time of other 1200 and download speed of 5k. I have tried to flash each ril version to see which one works but none solve the issue. Help!! Before on b06 with no ril I had consistent speeds of 2meg always.

Posted

Which was the first ICS upgrade with the 2030 Baseband, was it 926?

I think I used that one and then ClockwordMod all the rest.

Posted

if anyone has B944 installed send me a pm

Posted

Running b944 on full update with continued reboots.

Tried switching to b926 but update fails.

No RIL available yet ?

Posted

Running b944 on full update with continued reboots.

Tried switching to b926 but update fails.

No RIL available yet ?

if you did a full update (update.app "not" flashable.zip) you will already have B944 ril and baseband

Posted

Indeed i did and i have but im still cursed with the reboots when using data.

Its flipping frustrating .

Is there a foolproof way of going back to GB as any guides i read seem determined to put people of trying it.

Posted

there is no foolproof, they are all risky, just like flashing GB > ICS tbh.

Posted

I tried this with INFUSION B04, and with GenoKolar and PaulMilbank kernel, but I still get a few reboots per day, while I'm on 3G of course.

I went from stock GB with 109808 baseband using this guide , so my last update.app was B936. Is there any point to try some other RIL, or something else??? Thanks...

Posted

Tillaz the last update.app I used was b936 so do I flash that ril because I'm on b952 now

Posted

So did anyone tried this on CM9 to solve 3g reboots issues?