[Q] Please help! Dropped Orange San Diego down the toilet!

Gutted man.......best you can do is let it dry out completely, it may still work :)

I think the worst thing to do is try to turn it on while it is wet, you may short things out!

Guest runlevel5

bad luck m8. someone I know did something similar, he removed battery and the casing (not a san diego tho) and left it to dry out next to the house boiler in the airing cupboard for about three weeks...at which point it worked, tho the screen was a bit foggy.

best o luck

Guest vermat17

Really unlucky man, best advice I can offer to you is to dry it out and not turn it on until you're absolutely sure it's bone dry...

Other than that you could ask Orange for a replacement and forget to mention you dropped it down the toilet ;)

Guest shootomanUK

yeah take it to the orange shop, you never know they might be able to replace it or send it for repair.

good luck !

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest AmbushReality

This happened with my ZTE Crescent. Wouldnt work for a few days, then it bricked, then it worked but the volume was broken, now its perfect again!

Guest BlueMoonRising

This happened with my ZTE Crescent. Wouldnt work for a few days, then it bricked, then it worked but the volume was broken, now its perfect again!

Seems to be a lot of people dropping their phones down the toilet :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Is anybody looking to sell their San Diego? Does anybody know where to purchase parts/spares? Or, has anyone got any fixes or solutions for water damage?

Already tried rice for 48 hours but still dead. Won't turn on at all! Is it possible that short circuiting could have blown/permanently damaged any components. Also screen is cracked, any suggestions?

By the way, I'm only 13 so I don't have very much money to spend on replacement/repairs/parts!

Thank you so much in advance!

Alex

It may be covered by your parents house insurance, although whether they would actually claim on it is another question.

Or have you not told them :P

Guest BlueMoonRising

Given they're fairly rare I would have thought it would be difficult to get parts. Also mobiles aren't easy to repair. You could replace the screen and find out it still doesn't work anyway.

Sorry Alex, I think it's goosed.

As said above maybe Orange could help if you ask nicely.