CM10: Couple of questions

Guest Graham1

Guest Graham1

Hi All

I installed Konsta's build of CM10 last night and have a couple of questions.

1. Which app would you recommend to replace YouTube? (regarding HQ). Am I right in saying that SQ is ok?

2. Is there a problem with displaying videos in TED (it just seems to buffer all the time).

:)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Graham1,

Although CM9 and CM10 are still in the very early stages of development, and any work on these builds is ALWAYS very much GRATEFULLY appreciated for what we have and can do on them already. It would appear no one is using them at present to report their findings/usage, so it would appear no one has any recomendations.

It would appear everyone is still using CM7....??

:huh:

Guest cowscrubber

Youtube LQ works fine. It doesn't look to bad on the Blade's display. Personally, I use the standard Youtube app, I just turn off HQ before it plays. Other players that I've tried don't play HQ smoothly so I can't make a recommendation on a replacement app.

@ListerofSmeg Actually, quite a number of people use CM9 and CM10. It's just that issues and questions regarding the roms are mostly posted at their respective threads.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi CowScrubber,

Thank you for replying.... I actually know Graham1, or at least I hope I should do..... I am his brother!! ;) lol. However he posted a question, and from all the CM10 posts saying "just use another YouTube app" no one seemed to recomend one, and with 300+ views and no answers... just wanted to get the ball rolling!! ;)

I too have used CM9 and CM10... must admit I do like CM10 more... But for me, I need the phone to be fully functional, so back on CM7.

But thank you for replying, this has helped my brother out.. :) many thanks....

Lister

CM9 and CM10 its more faster and apelative than the CM7 and others old roms, they have some minor stuff not working, but sometimes you ill need that minor stuff, i give you a example:

My car is making strange noise at morning (belt stuff i think) so my ideia is recording a video to show to mechanic, with CM10 i cant, so i bring my old Nokia 5800 to record, than i move it to SD card on my ZTE, but CM10 dont read mp4 files in stock, so i instal MX player but it still a bit buggy, sometimes sound disapears and video lags.

So in major of days you dont need a fully fuctional Smartfhone but someday maybe you il need so its with you.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I installed Konsta's build of CM10 last night and have a couple of questions.

1. Which app would you recommend to replace YouTube? (regarding HQ). Am I right in saying that SQ is ok?

2. Is there a problem with displaying videos in TED (it just seems to buffer all the time).

:)

if you want youtube HQ and smooth UI then perhaps you should try this rom:

As it is CM9 and also support youtube HQ. Regards.