• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Need to Run ICS on Idea Blade

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is there a way to run ICS roms flawlessly on Idea Blade 256mb RAM version?

I have tried enabling 256mb swap and set ZRAM to 26%. The ROM functions perfectly but each time when switch to home from any running app, the launcher completely reloads which takes about 10 secs and its really annoying. Tried the lightest zeam launcher too but still its the same scenario.

Ps: Devs, i know its almost impossible but just wondering if there is some workaround you can suggest. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by droidolution

Posted · Report post

ICS will not cut it on 256Mb RAM... as you have seen it yourself, sorry you're out of luck or upgrade to a better handset :)

Posted · Report post

Just about runs on 384mb ram on the LG Optimus L3

Posted · Report post

I think there's still a hope for 256 blade.. maybe it's just that the ROM isn't optimized for very low RAM..

I mean, look.. out there, there are several old device that has 256 ram too, like xperia X8, X10 mini/pro..

they got "miniCM9" that's what they call it, and they looks happy enough using ICS on their low ram device (of course using swap)

also, LG GT540.. they got ICS too

Posted · Report post

ICS will not cut it on 256Mb RAM... as you have seen it yourself, sorry you're out of luck or upgrade to a better handset

:(.. he he... thanx for the idea... gonna drill my pocket soon...

Posted · Report post

Just about runs on 384mb ram on the LG Optimus L3

but the processor is different and is of higher frequency... i believe that might make the difference

Posted · Report post

I think there's still a hope for 256 blade.. maybe it's just that the ROM isn't optimized for very low RAM..

I mean, look.. out there, there are several old device that has 256 ram too, like xperia X8, X10 mini/pro..

they got "miniCM9" that's what they call it, and they looks happy enough using ICS on their low ram device (of course using swap)

also, LG GT540.. they got ICS too

true.. but our devs have stripped the roms as smaller as possible. take KonstaKang as an example. it is the most lighter ICS available for blade now. thant is a milestone without the ARMv6 libraries.

But as u suggested, if some dev can take 256mb version in to consideration and cook a ICS or JB (which by base is more snappier than ICS) rom specifically optimized for 256mb ram versions it would be great help for lower ram version blade users like us.