[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest ithehappy

Guys do you think my Note 2 display looks a little dull? See the icons, Yahoo mobile, Score Mobile etc, they don't look sharp! They definitely were sharper in S2!

screenshot2012102114373.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by ithehappy

Are you using a screen guard or screen protector ?

I also feel that after putting the screen guard my note 2 has not only got dull but also slightly sluggish !

Anyone else feeling the same ?

Address bar on my internet browser has disappeared !

I am able to see the webpages like in full screen.

Can some one help me get my browser address bar back ?

Edited by hs65

Guest prwael86

Hello guys.

I finally got my beast my NOTE II. I am excited like hell and there is too much to do but I dont know from to start.

Seriously I spent like 10 hrs then was able to finish with internet and the basic inboard settings.

Let thank you all for the help I got here since I am a Sudanese and got it from India/Mumbai (by a friend using all the info shared in this thread) + the gorgeous SanDisk 64 GB class 10 + the amazing Sony Ericson MW600 (Though I wanted the new MW1),

Thank you all and meet you in next note (new note aka note III) thread.

Guest ithehappy
Address bar on my internet browser has disappeared !

I am able to see the webpages like in full screen.

Can some one help me get my browser address bar back ?

In browser, settings, labs, uncheck full screen.

Are you using a screen guard or screen protector ?

I also feel that after putting the screen guard my note 2 has not only got dull but also slightly sluggish !

Anyone else feeling the same ?

I am using one. No problems here. Was showing a friend yesterday at a store again, we compared the qualities no difference at all. Of course, mine had less finger prints :)

Depends on what screen guard you put; brand, matte vs glossy all matter.

OK, By the way which screen guard are you using ?

What is the difference between glossy, matte and others ?

According to your experience which is the best for viewing purposes and which is least affected by fingerprints.

Guest Aditya_e

According to your experience which is the best for viewing purposes and which is least affected by fingerprints.

Matte SG is only good if you want 0 glare on the screen. But, it detoriate the screen quality very much. It is also fingerprint proof. I don't recommend this as it will make your screen look like a 1950 color TV.

Normal/Glossy SGs are the best option if you don't want to detoriate the screen quality one bit. It will look like you haven't applied anything on the screen. But it is Fingerprint friendly and get dents also. So it is advised you use a Good Quality SG.

THE Note 2 has Gorilla Glass 2 which acts like a SG itself. But still people prefer a additional layer of security.

Guest ithehappy
<br /><br />Looks good to me.
<br />Feeling relieved now. Could you kindly post a screenshot of yours buddy? A screen which has some third party apps icon on it. In imageshack, without resizing. That if you don't mind. It'll be much appreciated. Edited by ithehappy

Guest ithehappy

The homescreen thread where you posted the screenshots are of 450x800 resolution. What needed is a full size one, 1280x720 resolution. Like I posted on Post #604.

I have put matte SG & I agree with you that the screen is no longer that vibrant.

Is matte SG less fingerprint prone ?

Matte is meant to cut reflections. So, it cuts screen clarity as well but because it reflects less and because of the texture of it, there are less fingerprints. I haven't used a matte on the Note2 but it's on a few of my tablets and they help a lot when I am reading in direct sun light. If you want absolute clarity use glossy or what is called mirror finish.

I am using glossy. I have answered this above.. hope that helps.