[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest AdityaKar

I'm sure everyone is aware that the Nexus 4 launched yesterday. The spec sheet was hardly a surprise but I'm certain that it's price point shocked everyone!

For $349, they're giving away what most would consider cutting edge hardware. (I don't consider the $299 8GB version practical.)

Having purchased the Note 2 less than 3 weeks back for more than double that price does make me feel a buyer's remorse a little bit. I understand that the Note 2 does have a bigger and better screen and more features, especially around the S Pen. But I never expected a phone at half its price with a better processor, in-cell touch sensor and a Nexus label.

Does anyone else here feel the same way?

I can't imagine how the S3 owners might be feeling after hearing of this launch. The Nexus 4 obliterates the S3 and HTC One X in almost every aspect and still costs nearly half of those phones. And it runs Android 4.2 while most S3 and HOX are still on 4.0.4. Google changed the playing field completely!

Edited by AdityaKar

Guest JulyDerek

I'm sure everyone is aware that the Nexus 4 launched yesterday. The spec sheet was hardly a surprise but I'm certain that it's price point shocked everyone!

For $349, they're giving away what most would consider cutting edge hardware. (I don't consider the $299 8GB version practical.)

Having purchased the Note 2 less than 3 weeks back for more than double that price does make me feel a buyer's remorse a little bit. I understand that the Note 2 does have a bigger and better screen and more features, especially around the S Pen. But I never expected a phone at half its price with a better processor, in-cell touch sensor and a Nexus label.

I can't imagine how the S3 owners might be feeling after hearing of this launch. The Nexus 4 obliterates the S3 and HTC One X in almost every aspect and still costs nearly half of those phones. And it runs Android 4.2 while most S3 and HOX are still on 4.0.4. Google changed the playing field completely!

Note the Nexus 4 but I'm eyeing the Nexus 7 with 3G. If its under 20000, I may buy it just for kicks.

Guest JulyDerek

Haven't bought anything from them. I usually prefer ebay / flipkart / infibeam / amazon for almost all of my purchases. So, unless I am really desperate for something I don't look at these sites.

I think they just ship from where they are i.e. UK via DHL. Here's the info from their site:

Postal Service: Rs.305

DHL Global Mail: A low cost, reliable posting service, suitable for your less urgent orders. This service is untracked and is usually delivered in 4-8 working days.

Express Service: Rs.1295

DHL Express: A fast, secure and reliable service. Your item will receive priority handling, and benefit from a full online tracking facility so you can check your parcel’s progress along the way. Usually takes 2-3 working days.

Order Tracking:

Anything in particular you were thinking of from this site?

There was a nice leather pouch which I want.

My last 3 transactions on eBay were horrible ! All 3 items are just rotting with me.

There was a nice leather pouch which I want.

My last 3 transactions on eBay were horrible ! All 3 items are just rotting with me.

You should just send it back. I have had a few instances of bad quality where I got full refund.

I don't think it would be fair to compare the Nexus 4 with the N2. They are not in the same league. If price is the factor then even MicroMax has a 5" model.

A fair comparison would be the S3, which shares almost all features. But, then again you will miss out the replaceable battery, expandable storage and warranty. Also, that price is the US$ price, it would be around 26K here on ebay (pre-order currently is 38K for 16GB version), which brings it pretty close to the price of S3 now.

I am more interested in the Nexus 10. That would be a nice device to carry around.

Edited by j89

Guest Aditya_e

This is the Quote i got from iShopInternational. Pretty Amazing! Such a great phone for 21000/- ! This includes full Custom Duty, Shipping to your Door. Te site is very good and they deliver goods in 5-10 days from US. I have purchased from them, thats why i am suggesting.

Rs.500/- is a Diwali Offer Discount.

Item price + local shipping + taxes : Rs.19400/-

Int'l Shipping : Rs.490/-

Custom Duty,Taxes,Fees: Rs.1584/-

TOTAL: Rs.20975/-

And for 8GB, its 17900/-. So no point puchasing off ebay for 38K.

BUT, Note 2 still Rocks ! dur to the added Screen and S-Pen Functionality and Warranty!

Edited by Aditya_e

This is the Quote i got from iShopInternational. Pretty Amazing! Such a great phone for 21000/- ! This includes full Custom Duty, Shipping to your Door. Te site is very good and they deliver goods in 5-10 days from US. I have purchased from them, thats why i am suggesting.

BUT, Note 2 still Rocks ! dur to the added Screen and S-Pen Functionality and Warranty!

Hi,

Thanks for informing about ishopinternational.com.

Which item did you purchase from ishopinternational.com and how long did it take to reach you in India ?

Is ishopinternational.com better than Global EasyBuy of Ebay ?

How is there customer service and shipping compared to Global Easy Buy ?

I am thinking of purchasing a DUAL SIM adapter for N7100 from ishopinternational.

I agree Note 2 is different breed. iShopInternational, interesting. Maybe sometime if I am brave enough to try it :)

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Truthat j and derek I might get it for me too, if you guys plan for group order theb lemme know please thanks.. again genuinely interested

I will probably get it. It is a nice accessory.

Guest Aditya_e

It is owned by ICC Couriers which is a really established company in Mumbai. I have purchased a lot of electronic products from Amazon and they took 5-10 days to get it to me when it reached their New York Warehouse.

The Dock is Over-Expensive i think and it is Out of Stock, A version if launched in India (which should be the case) it will cost <Rs.3000/-.

Anyways their quote is as follows: RS.6,535.50/- with 500/- discount code. You can personally contact them via email and they will give discount over bulk order or you can even make some bargains.

I am not a promoter of the site and i have no link with the company at all. eBay makes lots of profit over the imported product but they only make profit on the Shippping Cost, thats why the quotes are low.

It is owned by ICC Couriers which is a really established company in Mumbai. I have purchased a lot of electronic products from Amazon and they took 5-10 days to get it to me when it reached their New York Warehouse.

The Dock is Over-Expensive i think and it is Out of Stock, A version if launched in India (which should be the case) it will cost <Rs.3000/-.

Anyways their quote is as follows: RS.6,535.50/- with 500/- discount code. You can personally contact them via email and they will give discount over bulk order or you can even make some bargains.

I am not a promoter of the site and i have no link with the company at all. eBay makes lots of profit over the imported product but they only make profit on the Shippping Cost, thats why the quotes are low.

Thanks for the info

Truthat j and derek I might get it for me too, if you guys plan for group order theb lemme know please thanks.. again genuinely interested

Heard from some unofficial sources that this is launching this month in India, so let's wait. Hopefully the price would be cheaper as well.

Edited by j89

Guys, please get a screen protector for your Note 2!

My friend's Note 2 got scratched today :( One hairline scratch and no idea how it happened. He takes care of his phones more than me so I really feel bad for him. So much for Gorilla Glass 2.

Also saw a new thread on XDA as well on this.

Guest JulyDerek

Heard from some unofficial sources that this is launching this month in India, so let's wait. Hopefully the price would be cheaper as well.

I think it will be over 5000. And yes, we can group buy if we get a benefit.

Guest ithehappy

Thanks bro.

@TheSaifBukhari: Hey pal how are you liking the official protective case? I heard some things that the edges peel off after some weeks and it's a bad case for actual protection and stuffs, could you do a brief feedback?

TIA.

Guest TheSaifBukhari

@ithehappy Whoa how did you know? I bought one black colour today , shall update here once the edges peel off

Right now enjoying it...

Edited by TheSaifBukhari

Guest Krunal Shah
@ithehappy Whoa how did you know? I bought one black colour today , shall update here once the edges peel off

Right now enjoying it...

Where did you buy it from & at what price? I would like to buy one.