[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest Krunal Shah

wow original Flip cover for 999 .. good price.. I got the same for 1250 .

This price is not flip cover, this is for original protective hard case.

Guest AdityaKar

Does anyone else find the "Media Server" process eating up a lot of battery? It consumes at least 20% of battery whenever I check the battery usage. I read up a few posts across different forums but nothing helped.

Here's what I have tried:

• Formatted the external SD card from within the phone.
  • Place ".nomedia" files inside folders which don't need to be scanned by the Gallery app. Of course, I couldn't place it inside each and every folder. But I did it for most which had media files which didn't need to be scanned.

Thanks.

Guest AdityaKar

I just ordered from Flipkart the 64GB Class 10 Sandisk card + the Amkette Smart Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard.

Wow! What are you gonna use that much storage for?

I ordered 32 GB class 10 Sandisk microsd card from Flipkart.

I think this might be useful in future.But at the moment I dont know what to do with 32 GB.

Anybody used AllShare Cast for wireless display mirroring on the TV? Do you know if a compatible receiver is available for sale in India?

I have a samsung smart tv and I watch movies on it through note 2. It is really cool.. both work great together. Just a click and the video starts on your smart tv... amazing!

Guest ithehappy

@ithehappy Whoa how did you know? I bought one black colour today , shall update here once the edges peel off

Right now enjoying it...

You posted photos here the day you purchased it, that's how.

I will wait for your update. Do you think it really protects the phone from accidental falls?

I just ordered from Flipkart the 64GB Class 10 Sandisk card + the Amkette Smart Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard.

Can you or anyone suggest me a 32 GB card, class 10 or Ultra? At a reasonable price. My local store is asking 2100 for 32 GB.

Edited by ithehappy

You posted photos here the day you purchased it, that's how.

I will wait for your update. Do you think it really protects the phone from accidental falls?

Can you or anyone suggest me a 32 GB card, class 10 or Ultra? At a reasonable price. My local store is asking 2100 for 32 GB.

Sandisk 32GB Ultra 10 on flipkart is 1999 (http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-memory-card-mobile-ultra-32-gb-class-10/p/itmdadhjnz3ahvc8?pid=ACCDADHFVHVHJZPN&ref=7ca49f6f-d654-4d87-bc13-36eb69715a4d&srno=s_4&otracker=from-search). There is a Strontium one for 1599 (http://www.flipkart.com/strontium-memory-card-32-gb-microsdhc-class-10/p/itmd5fh8chumxyfg?pid=ACCD5FH7SDW7KYGK&ref=cf51b37a-27b3-4595-9d43-143b3e131ffd&srno=s_3&otracker=from-search).

I have a samsung smart tv and I watch movies on it through note 2. It is really cool.. both work great together. Just a click and the video starts on your smart tv... amazing!

It works perfectly with the XBOX as well. One click to stream everything over, even the HD videos.

Heh. Damn; I can't even find a use for 16GB onboard. But, I guess if you are into music or taking videos you will need that space. I might pick up one too, when I am really vella :)

Does anyone else find the "Media Server" process eating up a lot of battery? It consumes at least 20% of battery whenever I check the battery usage. I read up a few posts across different forums but nothing helped.

Nope. Not me. But, then again I don't have too much music or media.

Guest AdityaKar

It works perfectly with the XBOX as well. One click to stream everything over, even the HD videos.

It works with Xbox? That is awesome! I can't wait to get home and give it a shot. So how exactly do you stream it? I have played files over DLNA on the Xbox from a NAS but I'm not sure how to get the screen mirroring to work.

Heh. Damn; I can't even find a use for 16GB onboard. But, I guess if you are into music or taking videos you will need that space. I might pick up one too, when I am really vella.

Yeah that's what I figured. With a few minutes of recorded videos taking over a GB of space. However, the internal memory is filling up pretty quickly with the huge size of games and with no way to move those to external SD, I'm getting a little worried. NFS Most Wanted itself is taking up nearly 2 gigs out of the available 10 GB.

Nope. Not me. But, then again I don't have too much music or media.

I don't have a single music file on my phone right now. I always listen to online streaming from Pandora or Saavn. And those apps show up separately in the battery usage stats. The only files on the external SD are the photos and videos clicked on the phone itself.

Guest nimish.saraogi

Hii guys...sorry been out of the city since long....N i must update everyone..tht this phone holds out a hell lot when it is on standby... was just thrilled to check the battery still close to 60 % after a full night charge on the next night.,,

Well i have the lj3 update,,whats cooking with the lj4?????/

Guest JulyDerek

When I bought my first PC. The salesman said it had a 20MB Harddrive and didn't see how I would ever use it up. Bigger is always better in computers. hahahaha

Guest ithehappy

So true, when I purchased my 500 GB HDD I thought how long it'd take me to fill it, now just after 3 years, I have to buy a 1 TB again as the former is almost full. There is only one way for HDDs, and that is only ↑ ↑ ↑

When I bought my first PC. The salesman said it had a 20MB Harddrive and didn't see how I would ever use it up. Bigger is always better in computers. hahahaha

But this a mobile not PC !

Guest AdityaKar

So true, when I purchased my 500 GB HDD I thought how long it'd take me to fill it, now just after 3 years, I have to buy a 1 TB again as the former is almost full. There is only one way for HDDs, and that is only ↑ ↑ ↑

Ever since I got hooked onto HD movies and TV series, I've been filling up nearly 1 TB every year. Already got 2 X 1TB NAS drives full till the brim and a 1.5 TB external drive almost filled up as well.

But with the Note 2 not allowing us to move apps to the external SD card, it remains largely empty. And I don't like watching full length movies or even TV series on my phone.

Guest Aditya_e

@ithehappy Whoa how did you know? I bought one black colour today , shall update here once the edges peel off

Right now enjoying it...

Pl could you post a photo of your Note 2 with the Protective Case ON (SIDE SHOT). I want to see the thickness of the device when its on. I might buy one as well. Thanks!

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Here you go. . . .

Pl could you post a photo of your Note 2 with the Protective Case ON (SIDE SHOT). I want to see the thickness of the device when its on. I might buy one as well. Thanks!

post-995158-13524507812529_thumb.jpg

post-995158-13524507974275_thumb.jpg

post-995158-13524508101133_thumb.jpg