[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest Aditya_e

Thanks a LOT! So the Case does add a lot of bulk to the phone. PL give your opinion. I want a snap on case, but it should not add much bulk. Should i go for it? Does it look Premium?

Edited by Aditya_e

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Well bro I can say its not bulky at all like note 1 and I like it a lot....

Thanks a LOT! So the Case does add a lot of bulk to the phone. PL give your opinion. I want a snap on case, but it should not add much bulk. Should i go for it? Does it look Premium?

Guest ithehappy

Guys have anyone measured how long it takes to charge the device fully? Say from 10% to full 100%, with stock charger in AC adapter? Mine is taking 3 hours 40 mins, but some are claiming 2.5 hours! I wonder. I don't know if they are making a guess or actually measured it.

I'd appreciate if someone checks this for me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ithehappy

Guest TheSaifBukhari

That is so cool, im definetly getting inshallah :)

Also super happy to be part of this thread for note 2, If anybody is planning to import the same then lemme know I am in.

Just now called samsung store they say one weeks eta. . . .

Galaxy Note 2 Smart Dock Review!

Guest Aditya_e

I thought that it is of very little use to me, as it really does not have great functionality apps or programs like a PC. And i will use it very less in my day to day life. So i will think about it a little more.

Guest JulyDerek

Also super happy to be part of this thread for note 2, If anybody is planning to import the same then lemme know I am in.

Did they say how much would it cost ?

Guest Aditya_e

I bought the Black Protective Cover from Samsung India eStore for 999/-. I hope its nice!

Smart Dock will cost between 4500-6000.

Edited by Aditya_e

Guest TheSaifBukhari

They said they have no idea about pricing, but this thing is worth buying man, lemme know if you get an early handson with it. . . ;)

Did they say how much would it cost ?

Guest TheSaifBukhari

It is mate, congs.....

I bought the Black Protective Cover from Samsung India eStore for 999/-. I hope its nice!

Smart Dock will cost between 4500-6000.

Guest Aditya_e

It is mate, congs.....

Thanks, I ordered on Sunday, and they have already shipped today (MONDAY). Should reach by thrusday/friday as tomorrow is Diwali. I will post some pics when i get it.

BTW, Happy Diwali to everyone!!!

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Congs duder

I received the Samsung Protective Case yesterday. It is really Awesome. Fits perfectly well and feels very Nice. Best case i could buy.

Guest JulyDerek

I ordered a leather pouch from MobileFun. Its coming via the cheaper mail (was Rs.300 postage).

As I can't find a decent one for my Note 2 and I am yet using the (loose) Note 1 pouch (phone fell twice as I held the pouch upside down but no damage), I need a good one desperately.

Guys have anyone measured how long it takes to charge the device fully? Say from 10% to full 100%, with stock charger in AC adapter? Mine is taking 3 hours 40 mins, but some are claiming 2.5 hours! I wonder. I don't know if they are making a guess or actually measured it.

I'd appreciate if someone checks this for me.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't really worry about it. You could always have an app leeching battery as it charges so the time would be different. The right way would be to switch off and charge to time it.

Here you go. . . .

Is that Dell 24x3's? Nice setup :)

I am waiting for the Samsung store to get it. Heard the word that it will be priced cheaper here.

I thought that it is of very little use to me, as it really does not have great functionality apps or programs like a PC. And i will use it very less in my day to day life. So i will think about it a little more.

I am pissed it does not do automatic landscape. For the time being I am just picking up an MHL adapter and play with that and see if I can dump my laptop :)

I get some Amazing Battery Life! 1 day 2 hrs and 40% remaining!

And the Phone charges in 1 Hr 30 min from 0 to 100.

Neat. I am not even close to that.

But, then again I don't expect to. Maybe I should get a 6000 mah battery for this :)

Guest ithehappy

@Aditya: 90 mins from 0-100? Not possible dude.

Guys please suggest me a charger (branded) which has the same specifications like Note 2 stock charger. Does iPad 3 have same charger, or anything else?

@Aditya: 90 mins from 0-100? Not possible dude.

Guys please suggest me a charger (branded) which has the same specifications like Note 2 stock charger. Does iPad 3 have same charger, or anything else?

The stock charger is a 2 Mah, so anything similar should work. I even charge it with my other slower chargers and everything works, just that they are slow.

Why not just get a replacement of same? I am presuming your Note 2 is taking longer to charge? Try this put your phone in airplane mode and make sure screen is off then try how long it takes.

Edited by j89

Guest ithehappy

Yeah, that's what I wanna know, which other chargers are 2 mAh?

Yes, mine is taking almost 4 and a half hours to charge fully. But I'm replacing the USB cable for that. I've tried with phone off, but it's same. The reason I was wanting a different charger because the stock charger is so short.

The stock charger is a 2 Mah, so anything similar should work. I even charge it with my other slower chargers and everything works, just that they are slow.

Why not just get a replacement of same? I am presuming your Note 2 is taking longer to charge? Try this put your phone in airplane mode and make sure screen is off then try how long it takes.

Edited by ithehappy

Yeah, that's what I wanna know, which other chargers are 2 mAh?

Yes, mine is taking almost 4 and a half hours to charge fully. But I'm replacing the USB cable for that. I've tried with phone off, but it's same. The reason I was wanting a different charger because the stock charger is so short.

I haven't timed mine from 0-100, but I don't think it's 4 hours, considering it's usually goes to 50-100 in less than an hour. Maybe you could get a replacement for your charger from Samsung (they are covered in 6 months warranty) if you think that's faulty, maybe the battery has an issue.

I haven't seen any other 2A chargers other than a few on Flipkart, which are out of stock and ridiculously expensive. I would suggest getting it checked by Samsung, if you have warranty. On second thoughts, maybe the samsung tablet chargers should also work.

Edited by j89

Guest ithehappy

Yeah, they might. I heard iPad 3 chargers are 2 A. I am not buying a Samsung charger in any situation.

I have asked them to replace the charger, I will get it by tomorrow. If problem persists then I will ask them to replace the phone. If they don't I will sell it. Done with Samsung, done with stupid after sales service. Already loving the iP 5 and I won't miss the Note anymore.

Good Luck guys.

Edited by ithehappy

Yeah, they might. I heard iPad 3 chargers are 2 A. I am not buying a Samsung charger in any situation.

I have asked them to replace the charger, I will get it by tomorrow. If problem persists then I will ask them to replace the phone. If they don't I will sell it. Done with Samsung, done with stupid after sales service. Already loving the iP 5 and I won't miss the Note anymore.

Good Luck guys.

The iPad charger is a 10W charger (2A x 5V) so that should work - iPhone charges perfectly with it as well. So, you should be okay with charging the Note2. However, that said I have been using the Samsung charger as the main charger for all USB stuff - phones, bluetooth, watches and everything is working fine.

See how the replacement works. I agree with the Samsung service part. That's one reason, I don't buy a Samsung device, which might require service like TVs, Washing Machines etc. However, some have had great experiences, so, you and I might be rarities.

PS: I still wonder why everyone compares the iPhone 5 with the Note 2. They are not in the same class from any angle. I could never do the things I could do with the Note 2 on the iPhone for example. Or maybe we are only talking about the phone aspect.

Edited by j89