[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest ithehappy

Yeah, I'm no way comparing them.

Maybe we are rarities, but I'm not sure. I mean in which world will you have service like this,

I submitted my device because it was charging slowly, along with the charger. Next day they said it's charger's problem and they replaced it (the adapter only). I went to take my phone, and there it was having 7 or 8 big scratches on the display! I asked them how did they able to scratch it in 2 days when I couldn't do one in 3 years with 4 different phones. They took it back, said they will replace the front gorilla glass. I waited 3/4 days, then it was done. I went again to take it, and now I see a different thing. There are three big dents on the right side of the metallic border, including a huge one and one on the left side. Even I'd find it hard with my limited tools to make a dent.

That's it, my charging problems remained, but my device came up raped by SC idiots. A one month old phone, lived more than a week in SC. Well I could've gone far to Consumer court and beat them bad but I've lots of other work to do. Besides all of them are blunt headed, filed up with gob brain. Saying Note 2 has a large 2500 mAh battery, and it should take at least 5 hours to charge it. Jeez!

Just to compare this with my previous iPhone 4S, within a week after purchasing it I accidentally dropped it and there was a small dent at the top of the device, watch practically was unnoticeable, still I was not happy and gave it to my retailer, he said they will repair it, but what they did, well they replaced the entire device with new shiny one. And I don't think Apple has an authorized SC here.

There goes the difference between Apple and Samsung in after sales service.

I completely am skipping the S2 part here, and what rubbish I faced from the same disgraceful SC.

Only providing the latest hardware doesn't made a brand good, they have to provide civilized after sales service, unfortunately I'm realizing it now, realizing it late.

Edited by ithehappy

Yeah, I'm no way comparing them.

Maybe we are rarities, but I'm not sure. I mean in which world will you have service like this,

I submitted my device because it was charging slowly, along with the charger. Next day they said it's charger's problem and they replaced it (the adapter only). I went to take my phone, and there it was having 7 or 8 big scratches on the display! I asked them how did they able to scratch it in 2 days when I couldn't do one in 3 years with 4 different phones. They took it back, said they will replace the front gorilla glass. I waited 3/4 days, then it was done. I went again to take it, and now I see a different thing. There are three big dents on the right side of the metallic border, including a huge one and one on the left side. Even I'd find it hard with my limited tools to make a dent.

That's it, my charging problems remained, but my device came up raped by SC idiots. A one month old phone, lived more than a week in SC. Well I could've gone far to Consumer court and beat them bad but I've lots of other work to do. Besides all of them are blunt headed, filed up with gob brain. Saying Note 2 has a large 2500 mAh battery, and it should take at least 5 hours to charge it. Jeez!

Just to compare this with my previous iPhone 4S, within a week after purchasing it I accidentally dropped it and there was a small dent at the top of the device, watch practically was unnoticeable, still I was not happy and gave it to my retailer, he said they will repair it, but what they did, well they replaced the entire device with new shiny one. And I don't think Apple has an authorized SC here.

There goes the difference between Apple and Samsung in after sales service.

I completely am skipping the S2 part here, and what rubbish I faced from the same disgraceful SC.

Only providing the latest hardware doesn't made a brand good, they have to provide civilized after sales service, unfortunately I'm realizing it now, realizing it late.

Yikes! I feel for you dude.

Samsung guys really messed up. You should take up this issue with Samsung directly, because the service centers should get rebuked for this kind of stuff. I have had similar experiences with Sony Ericsson which is why I never buy their phones irrespective of how cheap or cool they are; not worth it IF you have to go to the service center. The problem is also because Samsung and other companies now outsource their service, so it's not always in their best interest to please the person who sent his phone.

Apple is a different story. I have owned Mac's and their service is exemplary, because they don't really repair anything, it's mostlyreplace this part, or that part and if you can't .. then replace the whole thing - period. But, Apple products are expensive and irrespective of what every one thinks they fail as well and when they do repairs cost a bomb. I have two Macbooks sitting with catching dust for the same reason, which failed outside their warranty. Their products have design faults that sometimes we pay for. In short, no company is immune but if you are unlucky you get some place like in your case and you hate the company for ever.

What I suggest is this. Take this issue up with Samsung directly. You will have to spend sometime but you bought phone worth over 700$, so that's something they need to take care of. Tell them you will never ever buy any Samsung product in life. And that's worth more than 700$. I noticed you are on Twitter, send them a Tweet.

It's a good phone; damn it even locks on GPS sitting in my jeans pocket. Can't beat that. Don't let the service center ruin your experience.

Guest Aditya_e

Dude, This is really sad to see such kind of service from Samsung.

Email them the full details and complaint here : http://www.samsung.com/in/info/contactus.html .

Contact them via Live Chat or Email them your Entire Complaint. And keep sending them the complaint mails until they reply. This will cost you nothing.

Also write a compliant on ConsumerDaddy.com . They sometimes check consumer complaint sites and reply.

You should atleast try the above as it can help you get a New Replacement .

BTW, Dont accuse the phone,The Phone is Awesome.

Guest ithehappy

Thanks guys. I can say I was angry and lost my cool. And I am not accusing the device in any way, it's indeed awesome (other than the camera, lol)

Anyway, I did contact them via email, when they were taking time to replace the front glass. Emailed them in both their executive team and CEO's office. Got a reply from the CEO's office. Then the next day they called me and held up a conference call between me and the SC manager. Even there that idiot said he didn't know how the scratches occurred and he couldn't give any time frame when the front glass replacement will be done. Then the lady who actually called almost ordered him to give me a clear answer, then he said, okay, they will replace it within 4-5 days. I said, no problem, I will wait till it's done. Then just the next day I called them and that idiot said, sir, it's done, you could take it, see if you are satisfied! I went and there was another brand new gift as I said earlier. But I didn't say anything more, because I was frankly missing the device as it was in their custody for 9 days.

Anyway, I have a great retailer, they replaced my USB cable today. So far charging is OK with this one. So I am happy, for now at least. But still I am researching about this charging thing (fluctuation of mA while charging) on XDA with a humble physics guy, and it appears there is a problem (or Samsung made it that way knowingly).

Thanks guys. I can say I was angry and lost my cool. And I am not accusing the device in any way, it's indeed awesome (other than the camera, lol)

Anyway, I did contact them via email, when they were taking time to replace the front glass. Emailed them in both their executive team and CEO's office. Got a reply from the CEO's office. Then the next day they called me and held up a conference call between me and the SC manager. Even there that idiot said he didn't know how the scratches occurred and he couldn't give any time frame when the front glass replacement will be done. Then the lady who actually called almost ordered him to give me a clear answer, then he said, okay, they will replace it within 4-5 days. I said, no problem, I will wait till it's done. Then just the next day I called them and that idiot said, sir, it's done, you could take it, see if you are satisfied! I went and there was another brand new gift as I said earlier. But I didn't say anything more, because I was frankly missing the device as it was in their custody for 9 days.

Anyway, I have a great retailer, they replaced my USB cable today. So far charging is OK with this one. So I am happy, for now at least. But still I am researching about this charging thing (fluctuation of mA while charging) on XDA with a humble physics guy, and it appears there is a problem (or Samsung made it that way knowingly).

Did you try contacting Samsung again?

Yeah, though I still don't understand what they mean by 'continuous input'. It's there from very first!

I know but it breaks if you switch on accessibility (did you try that?). Maybe that's fixed also, I think it's more refined I think.

Guest ithehappy

Oh no, the continuous input on Samsung keyboard (or T9-Trace it is?) is not my cup of tea, so I didn't try. I am a Swype user for too long now and can't live without it.

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Hey !! Any of you guys tried the polish 4.1.2? I did and cranked with the help of note2core @1.92mhz .... yeah it flies :D

Edited by TheSaifBukhari

Guest ithehappy

Temperature always depends with your ambient, but taking 25/26 as an average I'd say 33-34 is perfectly fine. Your CPU is also at 27%.

Edited by ithehappy

Guys, just a small update. If you like Svoice and use it a lot, like I do. DON'T DO FACTORY RESET. It will mess up and will stop recognizing contacts, especially Indian ones. Struggled for 5 days to get it fixed. Ugh!

Guest ithehappy

No pal. I am still getting 9 hours screen on sometimes. But it hasn't improved any, that I can say :)

PS: You guys should try Xposed Framework. Amazing thing. What I like that it won't mess any system files, and it's reversible also. I am using it, call recorder, Multi Window etc, great stuff, especially for people like me who hate to modify system files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2012770

Edited by ithehappy

Guest ithehappy

Oh no :( Very bad dude. Do let us know the price of replacement glass.

This is probably the sixth 'soft' issue I am hearing! Seriously, a screen shouldn't break if a tea cup fall on it, nor if it falls from a 3 ft height! Damn, I am getting scared and more scared.

So much for Gorilla Glass huh.

Got it changed yesterday. They change the whole LCD panel front and it costed me 6800 bucks from official Samsung service centre.

Yes, it breaks.. rather shatters, will post a pic later here. Please be careful.

Edited by j89

Guest ithehappy

Well one thing I can say that this is this particular device's problem. GSII also had Gorilla Glass, an earlier version even, but it was way more robust than this. I remember I threw my SII twice or thrice pretty badly, and it even dropped and bounced on the screen, from a 4-5 ft height, not a single scratch occurred. Now with this Note 2 I am seeing this shattering/breaking issue so often.

Well I don't think the build quality of this phone is good, if I saw one case, might be bad luck, two, three, same, but now more than half dozen, well now I can say it's not about luck.