[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Well one thing I can say that this is this particular device's problem. GSII also had Gorilla Glass, an earlier version even, but it was way more robust than this. I remember I threw my SII twice or thrice pretty badly, and it even dropped and bounced on the screen, from a 4-5 ft height, not a single scratch occurred. Now with this Note 2 I am seeing this shattering/breaking issue so often.

Well I don't think the build quality of this phone is good, if I saw one case, might be bad luck, two, three, same, but now more than half dozen, well now I can say it's not about luck.

Even my N900 took a bad fall few months back on the tarred road face down and no damage, beyond small nicks on the body.

I have got a flip cover over the new screen now. Though it may not protect it much but I figured it might be better than the screen lying bare. Of course the bigger problem is the replacement screen is also in shortage not every body has it.

BTW my SVOICE has went south after the 4.1.2 update. No longer recognizes any of the Indian names and comes up with wierd suggestions. Is yours working okay? Or maybe mine is messed up. After a factory reset it worked for 2 days perfectly then went back to the same habit. Trying out EVA now; seems to be interesting.

Guest ithehappy

Even my N900 took a bad fall few months back on the tarred road face down and no damage, beyond small nicks on the body.

I have got a flip cover over the new screen now. Though it may not protect it much but I figured it might be better than the screen lying bare. Of course the bigger problem is the replacement screen is also in shortage not every body has it.

Nokia? Lol. I hated Nokia always, when it had it's prime time but one thing anyone will agree that they had/still have solid build quality. I only have used four Nokia phones in my life, N95, E93, E71 and 5800XM, other than the last one they all had fantastic build quality, my friend kept saying a joke that they can be used as a weapon.

Well Samsung was not this bad, the Omnia HD, Wave, SGS II, all had more or less good build quality, but undoubtedly they have gone nonsense from S3. I have NEVER used a device with this care and fear ever in my life, and I guarantee I will not buy this type of stuffs again, regardless it's fantastic hardware or software specification.

S-Voice is working fine on my end, but I have never used it for local names, only for Alarm, and opening some apps, but I will check that issue.

Edited by ithehappy

Nokia? Lol. I hated Nokia always, when it had it's prime time but one thing anyone will agree that they had/still have solid build quality. I only have used four Nokia phones in my life, N95, E93, E71 and 5800XM, other than the last one they all had fantastic build quality, my friend kept saying a joke that they can be used as a weapon.

Well Samsung was not this bad, the Omnia HD, Wave, SGS II, all had more or less good build quality, but undoubtedly they have gone nonsense from S3. I have NEVER used a device with this care and fear ever in my life, and I guarantee I will not buy this type of stuffs again, regardless it's fantastic hardware or software specification.

Yah. Nokia, they have pretty awesome build quality; starting from the very first I had a 2100 in 1994 :P and in those days you could use them as a weapon, pretty much.

Never had a SGS II but I have always heard good things about it even when it was being compared to the S3 or the Note II. The Note II is undoubtedly pretty good and it may survive in some situations when challenged but after what I just went through and spending more money on it, I am not so sure I would recommend these devices, gorilla or no gorilla.

I have always maintained in these forums before too that you should use a scratch guard as well, because it's costs absolutely nothing if you compare it with the cost of the new glass now. My new one has one too, though it's not the same brand or quality as the earlier one.

S-Voice is working fine on my end, but I have never used it for local names, only for Alarm, and opening some apps, but I will check that issue.

Let me know, I am thinking it stopped working because of either my factory reset / upgrade to 4.1.2. Of course all the other words are recognized, just the local names have an issue - for example a name like Rajesh, gets interpreted as radish or ladish and yet sometimes it works. Pretty dumb.

I am now trying out something called EVA that seems to have much more features and stuff, so maybe I will use that.

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Got an ota update this morning and sadly the battery went down from 100% to 40% in like 7 hours only.... without any change in usage pattern... anybody?

Got an ota update this morning and sadly the battery went down from 100% to 40% in like 7 hours only.... without any change in usage pattern... anybody?

Same here.

How to go successfuly back to JB 4.1.1 ?

By the way mine is still DLL4 .

Edited by hs65

Guest TheSaifBukhari

Just get it from sam mobile and flash it with odin, theres plenty resources if you google it on how to do it step by step... hope this helps

Guest ithehappy

Actually after updating to 4.1.2 (I mean LL4, not LL7, I haven't updated to LL7 yet) battery backup has gotten worse. About 15-20%. On 4.1.1 I used to get 8-9 hours screen on time, but now I can't cross 7 hours. Still I will not downgrade as this new one comes with a new bootloader along with the 'Exynos sudden death' fix. I can live without an extra hour but I won't with a dead device, lol.

So it's a little advice from me to not downgrade to 4.1.1. Still, your device, your op.

Edited by ithehappy

Guest TheSaifBukhari

But the battery has specifically affected since yesterdays update. . . Hoping some fix should come out soon and sammy is listenig this.....

As I said above, if fixes the 'Exynos Sudden Death', which has occurred in some S3.

As I said above, if fixes the 'Exynos Sudden Death', which has occurred in some S3.

Doesn't DLL4 fix this Exynos sudden death problem ?

I am still receiving some error like "updates happen as they are requested...Try later" ....something like this.

But the software update widget is showing "N".

Guest ithehappy
But the battery has specifically affected since yesterdays update. . . Hoping some fix should come out soon and sammy is listenig this.....

Yeah, battery backup indeed is getting worse! Don't know if Samsung will listen and provide an update!

Doesn't DLL4 fix this Exynos sudden death problem ?

I am still receiving some error like "updates happen as they are requested...Try later" ....something like this.

But the software update widget is showing "N".

Nope, LL4 brought some new goodies, LL7 fixes the sudden death bug.

Yes, the battery backup is getting worse indeed. Disappointed :(

@hs65: Nope, LL4 came with some new goodies and 4.1.2. LL7 fixes the sudden death bug.

PS: What the hell? Can't multi quote in this forum using Tapatalk!

Edited by ithehappy

Try re-checking the battery after switching off the phone, removing the battery and putting it back in after a minute or so. I had a similar problem with an earlier upgrade and that got solved just by doing this.

My standby discharge rate (measured by BetterBatteryStats) is about 0.6% per hour with my Bluetooth headset+watch connected, with GPS, and Network on.

• 3 weeks later...
Another firmware update has been released today for India.

Yes, I downloaded OTA this morning.

Any one knows what new feature this firmware update has added or improved upon ?

Edited by hs65

• 4 weeks later...