Question involving imei

Guest b4da55

Guest b4da55

Hi.

I wanted to know if its possible to find out if a imei backup i made on my pc is gb or ics cause like a idiot i never filed it properly and the date is no help. I think its gb but thats not enough. All there is is the 3 files in the folder.

Thanks

Guest Al_1604

I could be wrong but I think the IMEI backup is just that. It should not be dependent on the phone's Android version. A backup done in GB should be restorable in ICS and vice-versa.

Are you currently needing to restore your IMEI?

Guest b4da55

Not at the moment but have been thinking about it. Was under the impression that ics and gb imei could not be interchanged because of baseband ect. Would like some more thoughts.

Guest jsevi83

I have no idea, but I think if it was "only an IMEI" the size of the backup would be smaller... I also read somewhere that IMEI backups from GB and ICS are not interchangeable.

Guest 22point8

When i changed my base band to 936 i had to zero imei. I restored imei from when i got the phone. it restored notification toggles and all the Vodafone bloat ware. that's why its a big file.

Guest Al_1604

Pretty sure that the 'zero IMEI' method of upgrading/downgrading' relys on the fact that the IMEI is restorable between different versions.

The IMEI of the device does NOT change between ROMs or versions (it's illegal to change the IMEI in most countries anyway - but presumably not illegal to backup and restore the correct (legitimate) IMEI for a device that you own).

Edited by Al_1604