Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Guest JUNIER-SANCHEZ

Guest stephen m

A suggestion. Wouldn't be easier if one of the mods produced a step by step guide for Orange users to covert to Xolo to enable them to flash the update. I appreciate there is a topic on this already, but something more user friendly may be better. Or of course just wait for the Orange update!

Er rickywyatt has already done that....there is a guide.

His guide is straightforward and the process is very simple.

Or simple....just put x900 gingerbread update on root of sd card and do sd card update. Both orange & xolo are compatible.

Edited by Guest

Guest punjabi

A suggestion. Wouldn't be easier if one of the mods produced a step by step guide for Orange users to covert to Xolo to enable them to flash the update. I appreciate there is a topic on this already, but something more user friendly may be better. Or of course just wait for the Orange update!

I second that... The original thread is very technical and not a simple user guide for most out there.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Gonna wait a couple of days for the orange one I recon before becoming to impatient and xolo'in the fudge out of my OSD. Need ICS

Ditto, although I'm going to swap mine tomorrow I think. Its overheating on me, even gets too hot just browsing.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Orange have not give any indication that they are releasing ics yet.

Also, the xolo ics is bloatless.

They have confirmed its in testing. Hopefully with google.

Guest ayziaa

I just bought a new san diego off ebay for 130 euros. I don't think I got a bad deal. I hope ICS will be good on it and that I didn't just made a bad decision.

Guest stephen m

Er rickywyatt has already done that....there is a guide.

His guide is straightforward and the process is very simple.

Or simple....just put x900 gingerbread update on root of sd card and do sd card update. Both orange & xolo are compatible.

Have you tested this! And no need for the flasher folder?

Have you tested this! And no need for the flasher folder?

I updated through sd card update before the flasher guide. The flasher guide if I remember was to have the intel splash screen originally.

I will have a word with rickywyatt to make the guide more simple if some are finding it difficult.

Edited by Guest

Guest stephen m

I second that... The original thread is very technical and not a simple user guide for most out there.

Or better still - those who have it upload the zip containing the relevant files (including the flasher folder) and upload to a shared site!

Guest punjabi

Or better still - those who have it upload the zip containing the relevant files (including the flasher folder) and upload to a shared site!

Please someone help.... :-(

The only way of using this update will result in me losing my data :(

No not at all....I updated and booted up to launcher 7 which I was using before and with all my apps still installed.

Edited by Guest

Guest Ribs85

It's a technical process which isn't simple. Step by step instructions have been given, it can't be made much more simple than it already is. Rooting/flashing firmware in this way isn't for everyone, and you should be under no illusions about that.

To be honest, if you can't understand those instructions, my suggestion is to hang tight for the Orange update, which shouldn't be too much longer now. I wouldn't try and botch your way through something you don't understand, especially if it means potentially bricking your phone.

Even if it does work, you can kiss goodbye to any warranty you currently hold, even if it's a hardware failure. The time will come soon where Orange will stop blindly replacing phones, and start repairing them, at which point, they'll see the non-orange firmware and you'll be up a certain creak without a paddle.

But I don't blame you for being tempted. I know I am. If I can get through this weekend, I know I'll make it! :)