Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Guest JUNIER-SANCHEZ

Guest saccard

Hi,

It is quite strange, I tried several times to download the ICS usb update from LOXO support site, but each time the size of the Zip is different. Also, none of the different files I tried worked (I previously updated to 2.137 without issue).

Do someone has the original ICS update.zip file you used ?

Thanks,

Guest Ribs85

Don't be shocked if it doesn't work. Google's tests do include checking for security exploits. Given it only got tested a week ago, it wouldn't shock me if even the most up to date methods were patched.

I guess it depends how on the ball Google and xolo are...

Anyone tried the root method on XDA i posted yet?

Doesnt work, just hangs like it used to on gingerbread :( But as usual, lets try them all :D

Edit: same with superoneclick.....just hangs on daemon started, and just like gingerbread, superoneclick not responding.

Edited by Guest

Guest razzmataz1478
Don't be shocked if it doesn't work. Google's tests do include checking for security exploits. Given it only got tested a week ago, it wouldn't shock me if even the most up to date methods were patched.

I guess it depends how on the ball Google and xolo are...

This exploit is too new. Also, it would require changes in aosp seen as it's related to adb.

Just quick update,

I have managed to flash my device to Xolo 2.3.7 and then updated to Xolo ICS (after taking my heart into my mouth)!!

So far I'm a happy bunny, ICS works well, it's fast and mainly bloat free (found 3 apps Xolo care, Social Gallery & Kepplr).

On reboot it's showing about 660mb free.

Chrome works well and fast.

BBC iplayer via the Dolphin browser after setting the user agent to desktop works very well.

You will need to set the region correctly to set the date/time/keyboard etc.

The only issue I had which I resolved was with the gps/google maps. Once I agreed to consent to google knowing where I was and rebooting the phone all appears to be good.

I will report back any Issues but if anyone want to know anything please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Guest stephen m

Just quick update,

I have managed to flash my device to Xolo 2.3.7 and then updated to Xolo ICS (after taking my heart into my mouth)!!

So far I'm a happy bunny, ICS works well, it's fast and mainly bloat free (found 3 apps Xolo care, Social Gallery & Kepplr).

On reboot it's showing about 660mb free.

Chrome works well and fast.

BBC iplayer via the Dolphin browser after setting the user agent to desktop works very well.

You will need to set the region correctly to set the date/time/keyboard etc.

The only issue I had which I resolved was with the gps/google maps. Once I agreed to consent to google knowing where I was and rebooting the phone all appears to be good.

I will report back any Issues but if anyone want to know anything please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Can you upload the relevant zip file that you used, as some are reporting issues with, and some bullet points on how you did it.

Edited by stephen m

Aty, have you tried the svoice apk from gs3 which works on all ics devices?

I downloaded one and it seems to work but it does not talk back.

Do you have a link for one i can test for you ? (provided i'm not breaking any rules ?)

Edited by aty

Can you upload the relevant zip file that you used, as some are reporting issues with, and some bullet points on how you did it.

Which bit are people having problems with ? the 2.3.7 xolo to ICS or orange to xolo ?

Guest stephen m

Which bit are people having problems with ? the 2.3.7 xolo to ICS or orange to xolo ?

Using mine for example, and I'm on Orange, so Orange to Xolo

Bits to take note of are

hi as you read iv flashed my osd with the xolo update all is working eg camera wifi internet wifi bluetooth

as always if you follow this guide you do as your own risk i or modaco will not take responsibility if you brick your phone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

step (1)is to download the update here is the link http://www.xolo.in/s...iles/update.zip

step (2) is to use winrar or 7zip to open the update and you will see a file called recovery.bin extreact it to desktop

step (3) is to download flasher from my post

step (4) next extract flasher folder form flasher.zip and move to c:/

sped (5) is to move recovery.bin to flasher folder

step (6) is to move the update.zip flasher folder

step (7) is to open the flasher and select an option

step (8) is to go into setting and reset phone only if flashing xolo update

You need to be in fastboot mode to flash the recovery, that is why you get waiting for device, because either you are trying to flash recovery from booted device or adb drivers are not installed: http://api.viglink.c..._10639388059031

connect phone to pc and mount the sdcard move the update.zip to the root of you sdcard.

then turn off phone hold vol - hold the power button untill you see the boot screen.

it will boot into fastboot then connect to pc click the flasher. bat it will begin to flash once done let phone boot once

if it dint reboot hold power button.

then shut phone down this time hold the vol+ and then hold the power button untill you see the boot screen then let go of power it will boot into recovery.

next move with vol -+ so press vol - and highlight the one that says update from sdcard

then tap the camera then highlight the one that says update.zip then tap the camera it will install the update one done let the phone boot then reset from setting

The flasher.bat is now called flasher logo.bat and you need to select option 1.

Ensure you disable any firewewall programs when you run the flash logo.bat

When running the flash logo.bat it is working even though it appears nothing is happening on the screen- so be patient, don't kill the program.

When doing the second part of holding the power and vol+ it when to the same screen as power and vol-. When at the recovery screen i pressed and held power and vol+ and it when into the screen that allowed you to install the update.zip it talks about.

Hope this is of some help

Edited by aty

Guest The-Bledard

Hi all,

I was wondering if flashing directly the update.zip (ICS) from Orange's 2.3.7 with rickywyatt's guide would work ? In fact I can't find Xolo's Gingerbread anymore.

Thx

M.ANWAR

Edited by The-Bledard

Hi all,

I was wondering if flashing directly the update.zip (ICS) from Orange's 2.3.7 with rickywyatt's guide would work ? In fact I can't find Xolo's Gingerbread anymore.

Thx

M.ANWAR

Is this not Xolo's one you are looking for to go from Orange 2.3.7 to Xolo 2.3.7 ?

http://www.xolo.in/s...iles/update.zip

It's what I used from rickywtatt's post

Edited by aty