Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Guest JUNIER-SANCHEZ

Guest The-Bledard

Is this not Xolo's one you are looking for to go from Orange 2.3.7 to Xolo 2.3.7 ?

http://www.xolo.in/s...iles/update.zip

It's what I used from rickywtatt's post

Thanks for your reply, but this is the same link when you go to their website, it's said that this ICS Rom...(299 Mb, I think XOLO Gingerbread is 259 Mb, I'm I wrong ?)

Thanks for your reply, but this is the same link when you go to their website, it's said that this ICS Rom...(299 Mb, I think XOLO Gingerbread is 259 Mb, I'm I wrong ?)

Mine was 235mb. Let me download this one and compare

Guest The-Bledard

If you still have your 235 mb download, could you please upload it on Mediafire (other users like me haven't debranded their OSD before).

Guest razzmataz1478

anyone able to upload the ota update.zip?

Second that.

Can anyone find out the status of the bootloader please.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest hecatae

Yes, that seems to be the ICS update. Has anyone tried flashing it using the above method yet?

And does anyone still have the old 2.3.7 zip?

yup it's a 299mb update.zip and is 4.0.4

as we are just flashing recovery to the San Diego, do we put the update.zip on the internal usb storage and then boot into recovery?

Second that.

Can anyone find out the status of the bootloader please.

which one you want, the update.zip on xolo's site is ics

The download link above now downloads ICS, the gingerbread zip was smaller.

For those still on orange firmware, someone who still has the gingerbread zip will need to upload as it is no longer available on xolo site.

Edited by Guest

Guest The-Bledard

as we are just flashing recovery to the San Diego, do we put the update.zip on the internal usb storage and then boot into recovery?

I think (but not sure) following the debranding guide directly to ICS for Orange's GB should work as the signatures are the same.

Edited by The-Bledard

If you still have your 235 mb download, could you please upload it on Mediafire (other users like me haven't debranded their OSD before).

Mediafire has a max 200mb max file size, any other free sites I can upload to?

Guest razzmataz1478

The download link above now downloads ICS, the gingerbread zip was smaller.

Yeah, I saw :)

Anyone tried pushing busybox to the cache and mounting system from there?

Guest ayziaa

Je vois que tu es Français, merci beaucoup ^^

De rien! C'est rare de voir d'autre français ici mdr!

In an other matter I would really like if someone could explain what does the guide for flashing consist of. I don't understand why the update.zip can't be just put in the interal storage, boot into recovery and be flash as it is sign correctly it could be able to flash that way right? And what does all adb/fastboot as to do with all this?

I will have the device soon and I would like to understand what I'll be doing.

Guest BlueMoonRising

@ayziaa, you do know your music player you link to is "This app is incompatible with your San Diego."?

Which is taking the mick really...

:P

Guest ayziaa

@ayziaa, you do know your music player you link to is "This app is incompatible with your San Diego."?

Which is taking the mick really...

No I don't know as I don't have the device yet. That was something I was wondering about. It's a shame, I'will have to fix that, but I don't know how

Edited by ayziaa

De rien! C'est rare de voir d'autre français ici mdr!

In an other matter I would really like if someone could explain what does the guide for flashing consist of. I don't understand why the update.zip can't be just put in the interal storage, boot into recovery and be flash as it is sign correctly it could be able to flash that way right? And what does all adb/fastboot as to do with all this?

I will have the device soon and I would like to understand what I'll be doing.

It can be and is done that way, the guide was to get the intel splash screen, the upgrade zip is an sd card upgrade simple as that, put on root of sd card (storage in our case) and go to upgrade settings in device and update.

The guide shows how to update through the flasher tool and get intel splash screen too, but if you just want to use xolo gingerbread then use as sd card upgrade. There is no reason why the xolo ICS upgrade wont go straight over orange gingerbread, but do so at your own risk! The hardware is identical which is why we can use xolo gingerbread, so ICS should be no different, but as I said, do so at your own risk, I am not saying I know this for certain, it just makes sense that it is that way.

Edited by Guest