Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Guest JUNIER-SANCHEZ

Guest xgt001

I have never seen that feature on stock ICS, cm9 has it but sure you cannot on stock, correct me if I am wrong anyone ?

Just noticed an intel feature though...can disable hyperthreading to improve battery life, and also set min cpu speed

omg.. thanks for pointing this feature :D.... almost seemed hidden ... what a gem of an update it is :D

Guest razzmataz1478
Well the toggles are there but I never use the 4 which are default and you cant remove them

Editing toggles is something that needs to be changed in framework and without a custom recovery and root I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

In terminal emulator or an adb shell type

ls system/xbin/su[/code]

And post the result.

Result being no such file or directory, as there is no su binary. If only they was that kind :( :lol:

And although the root exploit installed superuser, it was to user app, no different from downloading from market lol. I tested several root apps so it was clear I simply had superuser installed. Starting to think they have sealed up ICS just like they did gingerbread :(

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

You can go into the Orange shop and they can update it for you, would that route be possible? Just worried about voiding the phone, but want ICS badly and I can see Orange doing ota only update.

As I've already posted elsewhere: It won't kill your warranty. Only unauthorised software installation (Custom ROMs) will do this because it involves unlocking the bootloader which always voids warranty (even if I don't agree with it).

Of course it's up to you at the end at the day but I fully expect the Orange ROM to be full of crap nobody needs or wants and without ROOT you won't ever be able to remove it all.

Guest razzmataz1478

Result being no such file or directory, as there is no su binary. If only they was that kind :( :lol:

And although the root exploit installed superuser, it was to user app, no different from downloading from market lol. I tested several root apps so it was clear I simply had superuser installed. Starting to think they have sealed up ICS just like they did gingerbread :(

Yes, it's not looking good.

Guest gemere58

Hi there. This is my first post to this forum.

I have had a great deal of success upgrading my now retired Orange San Francisco with the help of this site, now after onoly a few hours of ownership I'm wanting ICS on my new San Diego.

Can you just claify that it is possible to do an SD card update to ICS using the XOLO Update from the Orange GB that my phone came with?

Cheers

Guest Gibson.1

If you install the ICS update from SD card does it use up any data during install? I've left my wifi but I've already downloaded the update to my phone.

If you install the ICS update from SD card does it use up any data during install? I've left my wifi but I've already downloaded the update to my phone.

You can switch off your data if the download is complete, not that it will use any data during update process.

Edited by Guest

Cool.....anyone else noticed you can disable system apps in ICS ? Which in effect is like having root and freezing apps.

How it is done is to go to app manager, click on apps you don't use on system and there is a disable tab at top.

So if like me you don't really use google maps or talk, they can be left as if froozen!

post-796032-0-19822300-1349561625_thumb.

post-796032-0-12206200-1349561635_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest geekrohit

As well as a better UI for the camera, is it true that the picture quality is better? What about video?

I don't know about the picture quality, but macro shots have been better. earlier it never used to work for me, but now i can have macro shots :D.

The camera quality doesn't compare to that of my nokia n900 though. Best camera on a phone i've used so far.

I was just playing with camera and noticed some features are missing. Multi shot you cannot select the type, focus, exposure like on gingerbread. Also the front camera you cannot select between resolutions,as far as I can see anyway.

Although I do like the fact the video record autofocus now works without the annoying clicking noise.

Edited by Guest

Guest Ribs85

I think someone needs to do an HD YouTube "first impressions of ICS on the San Diego" - any volunteers? :-)

I'd love to.... Sadly my best camera is on my osd :-(

Guest glossywhite

I'd love to.... Sadly my best camera is on my osd :-(

I have a 1080p LifeCam Cinema, which is stunning in both audio and video respects... but no OSD! ^_^