Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Guest JUNIER-SANCHEZ

Guest carnoustie66

Hi there. This is my first post to this forum.

I have had a great deal of success upgrading my now retired Orange San Francisco with the help of this site, now after onoly a few hours of ownership I'm wanting ICS on my new San Diego.

Can you just claify that it is possible to do an SD card update to ICS using the XOLO Update from the Orange GB that my phone came with?

Cheers

My first post too, updated my OSD this afternoon.

Copied the Xolo ICS update.zip file to root directory on the phone.

Switched phone off then back on.

Then went into settings/about phone/update from usb

I was following the ICS update guide on pdf downloaded from the Xolo website.

After maybe 10 mins hello ICS no more Holo Launcher, its fantastic!

Worked for me.

Guest i am not a hacker

I have never seen that feature on stock ICS, cm9 has it but sure you cannot on stock, correct me if I am wrong anyone ?

Just noticed an intel feature though...can disable hyperthreading to improve battery life, and also set min cpu speed

How did you get that powertool app? Where do I find it?

And can anyone edit the power toggles in the notification bar or remove them?

How did you get that powertool app? Where do I find it?

And can anyone edit the power toggles in the notification bar or remove them?

settings/battery/battery tweaks(accessed via menu button)

Guest i am not a hacker

oh thanks, mine was clocked at only 600MHz!

what about the power toggles?

Edited by i am not a hacker

oh thanks

what about the power toggles?

Not possible,we have no root or custom rom, which is what is needed to do that. Stock ICS does not give option to edit toggles, although it would be good if there was an on/off switch like the g300, then power toggles from market can be used, which works very well on ICS as I used it on my g300.

Power toggles: https://play.google....WlubGVzcy5wYyJd

Or just use power toggles and ignore the stock ones.

post-796032-0-50122100-1349638656_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest stephen m

settings/battery/battery tweaks(accessed via menu button)

In the Powertool settings what is the general consensus of opinion for the best settings for Processing Frequency and Frequency Governor, for both performance speed and battery consumption.

In the Powertool settings what is the general consensus of opinion for the best settings for Processing Frequency and Frequency Governor, for both performance speed and battery consumption.

Left as it is :lol:

If you start upping the minimum clock speed it will eat battery, the only thing you can do is disable hyperthreading, which I have done, and it has had no effect upon gaming etc. I am not sure if battery life is better with hyperthreading on or off, but as it is in battery tweaks, I assume having it on can impact battery more than off.

Guest stephen m

Left as it is

If you start upping the minimum clock speed it will eat battery, the only thing you can do is disable hyperthreading, which I have done, and it has had no effect upon gaming etc. I am not sure if battery life is better with hyperthreading on or off, but as it is in battery tweaks, I assume having it on can impact battery more than off.

Thanks. So that's, Processing at 600MHz, Frequency Governor at Ondemand and Hyper-Threading off!

Edited by stephen m

Yeah basically left as it comes, 600Mhz min, ondemand governor. I am testing to see if battery is improved with hyperthreading off, unless someone more in the know on hyperthreading knows the answer ?

I am of the mind to say it makes battery worse seeing as hyperthreading was not made for mobile devices, as far as I know it was for pc processors, which obviously do not need to worry about batteries running out.

But then reading this: http://www.intel.com...technology.html

You could say hyperthreading uses the processor more efficiently thus making tasks easier to do which in turn should use less juice.

I think this will be an interesting one to look into, does it help battery or drain it more ???

Edited by Guest

I've updated to ICS which is pleasing to say the least but i've lost some of my widgets, i had a widget that showed my telephone number,usb storage space, what carrier i'm connected to and wifi as well but i can't find it. Does anyone know what it is ?

Guest Kettchy

I've updated to ICS which is pleasing to say the least but i've lost some of my widgets, i had a widget that showed my telephone number,usb storage space, what carrier i'm connected to and wifi as well but i can't find it. Does anyone know what it is ?

You've just installed a Xolo update, that widget was installed by Orange. Hence it was orange.