[ALPHA 0.3] MIUI v4 2.8.10 - by Master_T (updated 12/09)

Guest Master_T

Guest Master_T

MIUI v4 ICS - 2.8.10

Current version: Alpha 0.3

MIUI Base: Crespo 2.8.10

Kernel/CM Base: Ray[ 2.0.2 / SuperHornet

Port by: Master_T

Not Working / bugs:

Same as CM9

USB mass storage / mtp (only part of usb subsystem that works is ADB)

Installation:

1. Use CWM recovery (TWRP *should* work as well, but I haven't tested it)

2. Wipe data/factory reset

3. Flash zip without signature check!

4. Reboot

Note 2: if at first boot you get stuck at boot animation wait a couple of minutes, then remove battery and reboot, should work ok from then on

Credits:

This rom couldn't be possible without the CM9 base it relies upon, so big thanks to: RomzesRover, [Ray, thepasto, lupohirp, parvata and all the people who contributed to that rom

This port couldn't be possible without the incredibly detailed and precise miui porting guide by Lens_Flare. You rock man!

Changelog:

Rebased on [Ray kernel & libs from SuperHornet 2.0.2

Rebased on CM9 Repack. Smoother UI and animations

Initial release

Links:

Alpha 0.3: http://mir.cr/PBTW6BTG

Alpha 0.2: http://mir.cr/1DZPANWH

Alpha 0.1: http://www.mirrorcre...files/MWLOZTPN/

Edited by Master_T

Guest Master_T

I/ActivityManager(  272): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.HOME] flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.android.settings/.CryptKeeper} from pid 0

I/ActivityManager(  272): Start proc com.android.settings for activity com.android.settings/.CryptKeeper: pid=6973 uid=1000 gids={1015, 3002, 3001, 3003, 3006, 3007}

I/ActivityThread( 6973): Pub miui_settings: com.android.settings.provider.MiuiSettingsProvider

D/AndroidRuntime( 6973): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 6973): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a3e338)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6973): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 6973): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [generic]

E/AndroidRuntime( 6973):  at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

W/ActivityManager(  272):   Force finishing activity com.android.settings/.CryptKeeper

I/Process ( 6973): Sending signal. PID: 6973 SIG: 9

I/ActivityManager(  272): Process com.android.settings (pid 6973) has died.

Guest Diljeet

I've uploaded my attemp, just in case someone wants to tinker with it. This will boot to lockscreen but no further (all apps FC immediately)

http://www33.zippysh...53250/file.html

I will try this when next cm7.2 will release(next after today's release)

Please keep the link up for a while Cm7.2 will release soon.

Please don't attempt to port cm7.2 its got errors wait for good release.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError this says some android platform classes are missing, i hope some DEV helps you finding the missing classes, you can contact thePasto at acer liquid channel, he is very nice person he will help you for sure.

-

By the way first look in photos looks great, will wait for functioning version, hope everything goes fine.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Master_T

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError this says some android platform classes are missing, i hope some DEV helps you finding the missing classes, you can contact thePasto at acer liquid channel, he is very nice person he will help you for sure.

Yes, but the problem, as you can see, is that the missing class is a Native (compiled) one, so I think it's not in one of the android JARs, but in a compiled native library. The problem is that it doesn't tell me the name of the class, nor the name of the library, so I don't know where to look, there are tons of them! Hope a dev can shed some light on this...

Edited by Master_T

Guest Master_T

Well, I think it's time for a couple of new pics:

dsc0049f.th.jpg dsc0048vk.th.jpg dsc0047b.th.jpg dsc0046jr.th.jpg

A huge thanks to Lens_Flare, without his advice (and patience :D) this wouldn't have been possible.

Now before you ask for release, there's still a lot of stuff not working, and the rom is quite slow. Will have to see if it can be fixed in the next days.

But at least it's "almost working". Currently trying to make superuser work, without it I can't do a lot of things...

Guest Master_T

Well, I managed to fix almost all bugs. (only things still not working that I can see are leds and usb storage, I'll have to look into that)

The main problem is that the rom, while working, is VERY slow/laggy, at least on the A1. I don't know if something can be done about that, the thing is that MIUI as always been slower than CM, and I don't think we can change that. Maybe it will be faster on LiquidE.

Guest Braveheart28

First of all I love MIUI and thank you Master_T for porting this nice rom. I have just tried it today. As you already told, it was slow when I compare it to GB based Miui roms. Still it must be tweaked for our Liquid. By the way I'm using Liquid E and the overall performance was not that good to keep it as daily usage. It was hard to type messages because of the touch responsiveness. Also Superuser didn't give permission/ didn't take "Liquid Settings" into the startup apps. I had to set the values again after restart. Battery drain was of course more than GB builds. I wish Liquid was performing Miui4 smoothly. But unfortunately it looks like we must be patient for sometime. Thank you again Master_T! if you hadn't tried it, we wouldn't have seen this beautiful UI :)

Guest Master_T

First of all I love MIUI and thank you Master_T for porting this nice rom. I have just tried it today. As you already told, it was slow when I compare it to GB based Miui roms. Still it must be tweaked for our Liquid. By the way I'm using Liquid E and the overall performance was not that good to keep it as daily usage. It was hard to type messages because of the touch responsiveness. Also Superuser didn't give permission/ didn't take "Liquid Settings" into the startup apps. I had to set the values again after restart. Battery drain was of course more than GB builds. I wish Liquid was performing Miui4 smoothly. But unfortunately it looks like we must be patient for sometime. Thank you again Master_T! if you hadn't tried it, we wouldn't have seen this beautiful UI :)

Liquid Settings has problems with root on my normal GB miui as well, I think the bug is related to the app itself.

As for performance, that was my bigger fear. Unfortunately I don't think we can do much about it. Enabling "force gpu rendering" under settings --> developer options seems to help a bit. But if it's unusable on LiquidE as well I fear this will remain a proof of concept, unless someone knows of a way to make it lighter.

Guest Braveheart28

Liquid Settings has problems with root on my normal GB miui as well, I think the bug is related to the app itself.

As for performance, that was my bigger fear. Unfortunately I don't think we can do much about it. Enabling "force gpu rendering" under settings --> developer options seems to help a bit. But if it's unusable on LiquidE as well I fear this will remain a proof of concept, unless someone knows of a way to make it lighter.

I'd been using the last port (1.12.30) of Lens_Flare for more than 5 months until I see the CM 7.2 by thepasto. And there is not that kind of problem with Liquid Settings in that miui rom :/

Guest Master_T

I'd been using the last port (1.12.30) of Lens_Flare for more than 5 months until I see the CM 7.2 by thepasto. And there is not that kind of problem with Liquid Settings in that miui rom :/

Sorry I didn't explain clearly. Liquid Settings does work on GB miui for me, but it doesn't show the "allow root" popup correctly, at least for me, it just gets stuck on "asking for root" without the popup showing when started for the first time. Still, once I click "back" and re-enter the app it still works without problems.

Anyway, I didn't test it on this MIUI, but I tested several other apps that require root and they work correctly, so I can only assume is a LiquidSettings problem. Try to open the "LBE Guard" app manually and give root permission to Liquid Settings from there.

Edited by Master_T

Guest biboy25

Hello Master-T,

I've just install it with TWRP...beautifull rom

lags a little bit with liquidE

camera doesn't work

I hope sincerly you can achieve it (sorry for my english....im a french)

Guest Master_T

Hello Master-T,

I've just install it with TWRP...beautifull rom

lags a little bit with liquidE

camera doesn't work

I hope sincerly you can achieve it (sorry for my english....im a french)

Nice to hear you like it. Weird about camera, I tried it and taken a photo and it worked. I didn't try video tho. Can you provide logcat?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Master_T

T_T i wish someone would make this useable, for me miui is better than everything out there.

I can try to rebase it on the 4da.ru repack of CM9 if you want to try. Not much else I can think of to make if better. itìs simply too heavy for the Liquid.

Guest alboz83

I'm trying Miui v4 for curiosity, IT'S FANTASTIC, awesome graphics, very beautiful..for now don't seems too slow compared to CM9, and if Master_T put the improvements of CM9 rebase it's would be perfect.

Edit: There are language pack for this rom (i'm italian)?

Edited by alboz83

Guest parvata

Well, I managed to fix almost all bugs. (only things still not working that I can see are leds and usb storage, I'll have to look into that)

The main problem is that the rom, while working, is VERY slow/laggy, at least on the A1. I don't know if something can be done about that, the thing is that MIUI as always been slower than CM, and I don't think we can change that. Maybe it will be faster on LiquidE.

For the LED issue take a look at

This is one of the TODO items in cm9 that I want to look at after completing the camera project that I have undertaken.

Guest Master_T

For the LED issue take a look at http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2038474

This is one of the TODO items in cm9 that I want to look at after completing the camera project that I have undertaken.

Actually I think the LEDs don't work properly only because in this base MIUIv4 the menu to set the leds colours is hidden, so we can't configure it. It's just a matter of decompiling the settings app and activating the menu, i didn't do it because I was lazy and the rom wasn't usable anyway...

Also, USB via MTP may also work I think, it just doesn't on my PC because I have windows8 and there are no drivers.