[ALPHA 0.3] MIUI v4 2.8.10 - by Master_T (updated 12/09)

Guest Master_T

Guest Master_T

I'm uploading an alpha 0.2, rebased on 4pda.ru repack. Will post link as soon as upload finishes. Please note that I have NOT tested this ROM, so please give feedback.

Also, keep in mind that it may very well have the same performance as 0.1, since I have no idea if the optimizations made by 4pda are at kernel level or at framework level.

Guest Diljeet

I'm uploading an alpha 0.2, rebased on 4pda.ru repack. Will post link as soon as upload finishes. Please note that I have NOT tested this ROM, so please give feedback.

Also, keep in mind that it may very well have the same performance as 0.1, since I have no idea if the optimizations made by 4pda are at kernel level or at framework level.

Great news i will surely try alpha 0.2, it will be great, thanks for the quick release.

I hope you also should try this rom because, it will have lesser lags than previous, but its your choice.

_

As far as i read the 4pda forum page on google chrome after translation, i think the optimizations are also based on system lib files. I mean the optimizations could be based on other things like kernel or framework, but as far as i read Honor32 used some library files from Nexus to speed up the ui in the rom.

Guest Diljeet

Thanks Master_T for the update

the rom looks great, animation in opening and auto rotating apps got smooth.

but after installing the rom- i installed and used apps for a while and after some time the apps started force closing, every installed app by me gets force closed, i can't use any app.

MTP not working i mean no usb storage.

The Miui surely looks cooler than Cyanogen, hope you can some how seek help from Lens_Flare and try porting CM7.2

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Master_T

The FC probably happens because MIUI eats a lot of ram and there is little of that to go around, at least on the A1. Do you have swap partition? Would be nice to have a logcat of when the apps start FCing to see what's happening.

Since the ROM at least boots, I've added it to first post.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Diljeet

The FC probably happens because MIUI eats a lot of ram and there is little of that to go around, at least on the A1. Do you have swap partition? Would be nice to have a logcat of when the apps start FCing to see what's happening.

Since the ROM at least boots, I've added it to first post.

Well sorry i can't get any logcat because i can't link my google account so no logcat is displaying, and also adb at eclipse is not detecting my device so no logcat on eclipse.

Yes i have swap partition.

When i installed the rom i installed a app and used it.

But later the app stopped working, i think the app is not even launching, it is crashing even before it starts launching.

Sorry unable to get logcat, hope the above helps.

The rom boots great and work good too, and it maybe like miui is taking too much memory so it won't let the apps launch which are demanding more ram then available. i saw running services menu and it had 25 mb ram free, i can increase free ram but for that i have to remove or freeze some apps, i use lnik2sd for this but i can't use it too.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest Master_T

That is weird, almost sounds like the dalvik-cache is corrupted. Can you try to wipe all and reflash?

Sorry I can't test anything, but I'm currently developing an app for a university project and I need a stable rom to work on it.

Guest Diljeet

That is weird, almost sounds like the dalvik-cache is corrupted. Can you try to wipe all and reflash?

Sorry I can't test anything, but I'm currently developing an app for a university project and I need a stable rom to work on it.

Actually i am also developing a app for market, so i seek for low performance rom to test app performance.

I flashed cm9 again for continuing app development.

Its festive season here, so i can't test it in detail, i will re-flash the rom after 2 days and will try to test it in every possible way. Sorry till then. Good luck with app development.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NadeemK

Firstly

Great ROM

Just Grea, so thank you very much

I also wanted to know how to get int2ext+ working with this ROM, it works on the first reboot but after that it just stays stuck on the bootscreen.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Master_T

ROM has been updated using the latest SuperHornet base by RomzRover and [Ray !! Just something I cobbled up because I was bored, don't know how much of an improvement it will be honestly. I tested it and it boots fine, but I cannot guarantee for anything else, no time to test further.

Please note that I'm not using the Liquid anymore so don't expect support or further development on this. It's just for you if you want to test it.

today i've compiled a miui with this base too!

Port: MIUI.us V4 2.10.12 Snap Series for LG P500 by IdeosDev [from XDA]

Base: CM9.1 Super Hornet by RomzesRover_R with Ray]'s kernel

Specs: Full HW working (till now) and customazation of MIUI.us including an app that gives you more tweaks...

Bugs: themes don't want to change (i'm investigating)

Link: look into next page(in previous link i've forgotten a quote in updater-script)

Let me know if there are other bugs and i promise that i'll do my best to solve them ;)

i'll open a new topic in case that this port is a good base for further updates :D

Edited by bobanbg

today i've compiled a miui with this base too!

Port: MIUI.us V4 2.10.12 Snap Series for LG P500 by IdeosDev [from XDA]

Base: CM9.1 Super Hornet by RomzesRover_R with Ray]'s kernel

Specs: Full HW working (till now) and customazation of MIUI.us including an app that gives you more tweaks...

Bugs: themes don't want to change (i'm investigating)

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#...g6A3YcFnDhvPRKs

Let me know if there are other bugs and i promise that i'll do my best to solve them ;)

i'll open a new topic in case that this port is a good base for further updates :D

Amazing!! I think I will try it soon. I have some questions:

- Is Spanish supported??

- If it's not supported, what files should I editar top traduce it??

not installing :(

does it give you any error?

to install this rom i recommend TWRP recovery.

- Is Spanish supported??

- If it's not supported, what files should I editar top traduce it??

-no it's only english and chinese

-you should edit "framework-res.apk" and "framework-miui-res.apk" that you can find in framework's folder

edit: proximity sensor and sms led are not working

edit 2: end22 you are right! i've forgotten a quote in an uptdater-script line after a mod... sorry :unsure:

new link: https://mega.co.nz/#!hI90HRbB!YlWz2WaG4beko6Ey78FRfFQrtM88wJlM8evTfL773U0

tomorrow i'll start debugging this and working on a more update rom

Edited by bobanbg

• 1 month later...
Guest Master_T

hi, can someone tell is this rom can work well and smooth? i always likes miui from first place

Nope, this is little more than a proof-of-concept, it boots but it's slow and has some bugs.

Nope, this is little more than a proof-of-concept, it boots but it's slow and has some bugs.

oh i see >< thanks anyway for ur job, cm is not really suited for me, its too plain and the gallery and file explorer is really bad