ICS App Compatibility Improved!

Guest punjabi

What about BBC Media Player (not BBC iplayer) it appears as compatible but when I download it says some sort if error message like invalid file or somet...?!

Is it anything todo with Adobe AIR...?

Yeah I get that too, I did mention it before I think, not sure what that means though ?

Alos, Abode Air gives same error when downloading.

Edited by Guest

Guest sbenrap

Games with lags:

1) Battle Group (got this one from some IndieGala Android bundle), on Gingerbread it loaded, but was unplayable. With ICS, there are some slowdowns and the speech is chopped, but the game itself is playable

2) Zen Bound 2 - Works, but does not feel "smooth" like it should be, I consider this playable as well.

Other than those games, the device pretty much coped with anything I threw at it (~50 games :) )

Guest razzmataz1478
Yeah I get that too, I did mention it before I think, not sure what that means though ?

Alos, Abode Air gives same error when downloading.

I found out that BBC Media Player is in fact Adobe Air so that makes sense.

It is on play store for everyone with this device, but it cannot be downloaded due to " package file is not signed correctly" whatever that means, apart from the obvious lol ?

It may well work if we can get the apk, could just be some market issue stopping download.

Ok I got abode air apk, lets see if it installs........

Ok it appears to be the device that has the problem with the app:

post-796032-0-41104700-1349890591_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

lol, Given how much flak BBC iPlayer & Media Player get on reviews (and have for quite awhile now) is there any particular reason you're bothering with them?

I am not intersted as I do not use the bbc apps, more of an rt man myself lol, but someone did want it so if i can help figure it out I will, plenty of time on my hands these days.

Guest punjabi

Hey Jikobutsu

Keep up the work with this adobe AIR thing. I'd love to have BBC Media player on this thing.

But I do remember doing some searching on the Internet and found that the official response was that Adobe AIR is not officially supported by Adobe?!

Guest Simon O

What does that mean...?

Adobe killed Flash for Android but they still do Flash for all other systems. Adobe Air is still being made but they stopped making it for Linux.

However I wish the BBC would just give up with Adobe products. They don't use it on iOS so why Android?

Guest shootomanUK

just installed a non-legit version of tomtom europe to try-before-i-buy , it installs then downloads the europe map (3.3gb i think) then starts the program and exits lol

has anyone got the retail version working on it ?

Guest Simon O

just installed a non-legit version of tomtom europe to try-before-i-buy , it installs then downloads the europe map (3.3gb i think) then starts the program and exits lol

has anyone got the retail version working on it ?

Not compatible with Intel devices yet.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Yes and it works. Cannot over clock but it's useful for lowering the speed for extra battery life if you need to.

Excellent, exactly what I needed to know. I've been holding off rooting but this is the app that'll sway me. Thank you.

Anyone wondering why gta3 which is now listed as compatible does not load, it is because you need to copy libEmulator from the app to system/lib, obviously you must be rooted to do this.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone wondering why gta3 which is now listed as compatible does not load, it is because you need to copy libEmulator from the app to system/lib, obviously you must be rooted to do this.

Can you provide more details please...i searched but coundn't find libEmulator ? Where is that located (in which specific folder)?