how to install flash player on jb 4.1.1?

Guest andy/newbie

I didn't think JB supported flash? In fact I'm positive it doesn't.

I wouldnt recommend a version from 4share either. If there isnt one for jellybean here or on xda then there wont be a version. JB isnt compatible with flash player.

Edited by Uppy

Guest andy/newbie

Installed flash and tryed on a few diff browsers but it won't work. on dolfin browser its disabled cos of jb , I thought I read somewhere there was a workaround for it as it works on the google nexus pad?

Guest Peninsula

If "JB doesn't support flash", please tell me why its working on my Nexus 7?

Please don't spread untruths.

Google never removed flash support from Android.

Install flash from adobe.com and then install a browser that supports flash, e.g. Firefox or an old version of DolPHin.

http://www.howtogeek.com/120277/how-to-install-flash-on-the-nexus-7-and-other-jelly-bean-devices/

Peninsula, it is widely said that JB doesn't support flash, therefore it is not uncommon for people here to think that is the case.

"Please don't spread untruths" was unnecessary as you made it sound as though people are deliberately misinforming others. There is no need to be "that guy" who acts like a know it all.

As for Google removing flash, who said that? Nobody! Its adobe that no longer supports android 4.1. They even say so on the website and on the play store. Maybe *some* people took that as "flash wont work on jellybean"?

Guest Hogweed

If "JB doesn't support flash", please tell me why its working on my Nexus 7?

Please don't spread untruths.

https://play.google....obe.flashplayer

*** NOTE: FLASH PLAYER IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED FOR NEW DEVICE CONFIGURATIONS. FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED ON ANY ANDROID VERSION BEYOND ANDROID 4.0.x ***

While Flash Player remains on Google Play for installation on Android devices that are certified by the manufacturer, installing Flash Player on an uncertified device may result in unexpected behavior and can potentially destabilize your device. A list of certified devices can be found at http://www.adobe.com...ertifieddevices. Flash Player WILL NOT be supported on any device shipped with or upgraded to an Android version beyond Android 4.0.x

====

Is that clear enough?

Adobe Flash is not supported on any JB system. It might or might not work on some devices for anyone wanting to try. If it doesn't work properly Adobe will not fix it.

Edited by Hogweed

Let's keep this civil guys.

The fact is that while Adobe do not support Flash on 4.1 doesn't mean it won't run on *some* devices running 4.1 just that its not officially supported. So technically you're both right.

Having said that I stand by what I said earlier, Peninsula, you gotta chill. No need to call people liars.

Guest Hogweed

It's not really a minor matter though. Has caused enormous amount of bad feeling against Adobe mainly as can be seen in the feedback for Flash Player from JB owners or prospective owners.

Fact is you won't be able to install Flash from the Play Store on JB and if you do manually install it, even if it works now, it could break at any time with future updates to the ROM or updates to Flash (and if you freeze at an old version you can be stuck with serious security holes).

Yes, I would install it (assuming it worked) but I wouldn't rely on it being there. I am assured of fixes as long as I am on GB or ICS.

Officially it is Not Supported on Android beyond ICS and that's it. If you try it and it works then that's a bonus. The official advice from Adobe is bluntly to remove Flash Player from JB if you have installed it. I think the decision stinks personally.

Of course in most of the world you can't install Flash from the Play Store even on supported devices anyway as Adobe have removed it. They had to restore access temporarily in some markets, including the UK, to allow the BBC and others time to come up with alternatives.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Peninsula

It was spreading information that was not true, so I stand by my statement. The very reason people keep saying flash won't work on JB is because people keep repeating the same thing.

Flash will work, its the Chrome etc browsers that don't support it. Someone said Google removed support, but it was Adobe that did that. Anyway, hopefully its more well known now that you can put flash on JB - we'll move on :)

Guest Hogweed

Reading that thread these are just unmodified copies of the ICS release which will work on some but not all JB systems but without official support - both versions linked in the thread are now outdated. Latest unmodified ICS flash is download.gifFlash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.20) - released today! Latest Flash releases at http://helpx.adobe.c...r-versions.html (note different version for GB ROMS available at link).

I would use the latest ICS release direct from Adobe unless/until it breaks on JB.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest andy/newbie

i have tried all the sergestions said in this thread and still no luck' on stock browser it tries to work maybe when the finnal release is out of cm10 4.1.1 it might work as odvously its still in beta with some bugs,but this is a big flaw of jb if adobe wont surport it,i really like some of the fetures in jb.soz for bad spellings.

Guest tillaz

Reading that thread these are just unmodified copies of the ICS release which will work on some but not all JB systems but without official support - both versions linked in the thread are now outdated. Latest unmodified ICS flash is download.gifFlash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.20) - released today! Latest Flash releases at http://helpx.adobe.c...r-versions.html (note different version for GB ROMS available at link).

I would use the latest ICS release direct from Adobe unless/until it breaks on JB.

never read it or even looked at it just done a quick Google search and posted the link,

i have never actually need flash player to be fair... all videos i have tried work from the browser without it, most are on youtube anyway

what do people actaully use it for on there phone, BBC iplayer or something?

why do we even need it.. iphone seems to get around not using it ?

Guest jsevi83

never read it or even looked at just done a quick Google search and posted the link,

i have never actually need flash player to be fair... all videos i have tried work from the browser without it, most are on youtube anyway

what do people actaully use it for on there phone, BBC iplayer or something?

why do we even need it.. iphone seems to get around not using it ?

That depends on users habits. There are many live sports events or ondemand tv shows that only work with flash player. I guess iphone users are not getting around it.

Guest tillaz

That depends on users habits. There are many live sports events or ondemand tv shows that only work with flash player. I guess iphone users are not getting around it.

well, it looks like there both in the same boat now anyway... HTML 5 is the future i geuss