Google Maps Rotation

Guest dfvt

Guest Hogweed

Google Maps rotates for me on my G300. Just like it always has done. Sure you haven't accidentally turned "auto-rotate" off? I've done that before. If all is set correctly then try rebooting the phone.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Barry Hill

I found rotation never worked on any rom until the release of B927 (2 fingered rotation that is). I also found that B926 had a problem with the compass not rotating the maps but that has since been fixed.

Guest cutcutcut

I'm on official OTA ICS in NZ. B936 and have never been able to use the 2 finger rotation, on the stock Gingerbread before that and it didn't work then either.

Sat on the bus trying this like a knob. It doesn't work for me neither on B940. Not that I care lol. Still weird though.

Also @Peninsula you mademe lol on the bus :P

Guest jsevi83

Try the rotation gesture for phones with crap digitizers; swipe two fingers horizontally across the maps screen.

It never worked for me either, till I tried your suggestion and found out it works perfectly, I was just doing it wrong! I feel pretty stupid, I was trying to rotate both fingers instead of swiping two fingers horizontally across the screen. Maybe this helps somebody else...

Guest Rusty!

You were doing it right, there are two gestures; the one I posted, and the one you knew.

The one you knew is for devices with 'distinct' multi-touch, Google implemented the other for older (mostly) devices with a poorer digitizer.