[ROM][JB] ParanoidAndroid for ZTE Skate [Updated 10/10/12]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest razzmataz1478
Hi guys and thanks for all the feedback.

First of all I have to say that the device config for the ZTE Skate is outdated and totally different than the ZTE Blade one.

Normally, we just got one, the so called "android_device_zte_skate". But tilal started to make two. The mentioned android_device_zte_skate and android_device_zte_msm7x27-common.

But I think he never finished it and I can't find his old config. The new build finished compiling, thats true. But it was a real pain. One error I got was about QualcommUI. Maybe that causes the touchcreen issues.

The only thing, I can do for now , is making my own ZTE Skate device config. Once I finished this, I can also take over CM10 nightly builds.

Thanks again and sorry for the delay.

The common config works fine.

Guest razzmataz1478
@raz

It does for you? Can you try to compile normal CM10 and look if there's an error?

I've successfully used it for my own builds of CM10.

At the moment, I don't have the source on my PC (only AOKP-and I've totally messed up the manifests) so I can't do a build. Also I only have 30gb monthly allowance and so I need to watch my downloading, unfortunately... :(

The Paranoid JB ROM from Tilal has been flashed successfully over the CM10.

^ ^ Very successfully :-) Pitty for the small memory amount & the low speed of processor on our Skates, but the Tilal's ROM PA/JB is very good. Not perfect, of course, but some of the problems with it come from the (tiny) memory & CPU.

Guest Klintonola2j

The Paranoid JB ROM from Tilal has been flashed successfully over the CM10.

thank you

so if flash tilal's pa rom i dont need to flash cm10 over it again?

Guest Verhaaltjes

thank you

so if flash tilal's pa rom i dont need to flash cm10 over it again?

Yep, PA uses CM10 as a base, so it already has CM10 inside.

Edited by Verhaaltjes

Guest Klintonola2j

Yep, PA uses CM10 as a base, so it already has CM10 inside.

thanks alot you've been great help :D however my settings drawer has a tab split is this normal or have i done something wrong? :wacko:

thanks alot you've been great help :D however my settings drawer has a tab split is this normal or have i done something wrong? :wacko:

Is normal :D It's the "tablet" mode... You may experiment with "phone mode" too, but the "split" is practical (for me, at last) specially with the phone in "landscape" position ^_^

Guest Klintonola2j

Is normal :D It's the "tablet" mode... You may experiment with "phone mode" too, but the "split" is practical (for me, at last) specially with the phone in "landscape" position ^_^

ok thank you :D

Guest Verhaaltjes

does google now work on tilal's pa/jb rom

There is a separate thread on the forum on how to make that work. Search a little bit down in the forum.