Help!!!installed chainfire 3d, now stuck on xolo boot screen

Guest jammybgud2008

Guest jammybgud2008

Hi guys

i was excited yesterday to see that we had ICS and gained root access so i upgraded and roooted. i had a problem playing gta 3, so installed chainfire 3d to see if that would help, it didnt!! i am now stuck at the xolo boot screen :unsure:

i can access droidboot but cannot select recovery from there. is there anyway to unbrick?

thanks in advance

At droidbot it will stay there unless you do something, I think you press power to enter bootloader then from there you can access recovery.

I assume of course you have the update.zip on sd card ? if not you could be in trouble :(

To be honest though, you really do not need chainfire with a 400Mhz gpu on board and 1.6Ghz cpu.

Edited by Guest

Guest jammybgud2008

Thanks for the prompt reply. I pressed power but get no response. when pressing the camera key it enters a usb mode but thats it.

I tried re-flashing the xolo recovery as per ricky's guide but no luck. Pretty sure i deleted the update.zip :unsure: ,I was hoping i could push it to the device somehow using adb

,clutching at straws really as i am a noob, albeit a quick learner

OH crap!!! I am stuck now lol......entered droidbot to see if I can remember how I got to recovery, and I cannot get out, no button does anything :wacko:

Edit: held power down for about 10 sec and force rebooted, but I cannot get recovery....

Ok got it......hold power button down and press volume up while at droidbot screen, then scroll with volume keys to recovery and press camera button to enter recovery. Now if you can get usb storage to mount you could put update zip on there and reflash. If you cannot, you can try wiping data/factory reset.

Edited by Guest

Guest jammybgud2008

Not good! long hold power until it powers off.

i have a sneaky feeling i have an new door stop. I'll have to pour my heart out to orange lol

Hold power button down and press volume up while at droidbot screen, then scroll with volume keys to recovery and press camera button to enter recovery. Now if you can get usb storage to mount you could put update zip on there and reflash. If you cannot, you can try wiping data/factory reset.

1) at droidbot screen

2) hold power then press volume up, you are now at bootloader screen

3) volume keys to scroll down to recovery

4) camera button to select

5) here you can factory reset or update with zip

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Also take a time out to calm down a little then try recovery. It's never good to do these things when panicking although I do understand your frustrations right now. Fingers crossed it works out for you. Others have broken the devices by installing things so they can be recovered ok.

Guest Simon O

thanks,got that far. just comes up with a usb symbol. think recovery is fried

Unlikely really. All chainfire3D will do is install modified graphic libraries onto the phone. If the phone doesn't like these then it will refuse to boot up. Most likely because Chainfire3D is meant for ARM devices.

thanks,got that far. just comes up with a usb symbol. think recovery is fried

So doing the below leads to a usb symbol? Did the below get you to recovery or are you saying it lead to the usb symbol before you got there ?

1) at droidbot screen

Guest jammybgud2008

So doing the below leads to a usb symbol? Did the below get you to recovery or are you saying it lead to the usb symbol before you got there ?

1) at droidbot screen

after step 4 it boots to a black screen with the usb symbol. no recovery :(

Guest jammybgud2008

Unlikely really. All chainfire3D will do is install modified graphic libraries onto the phone. If the phone doesn't like these then it will refuse to boot up. Most likely because Chainfire3D is meant for ARM devices.

lol thanks

i also thought it was strange,however it has definitely rubber ducked it

Step 4: so you have recovery highlighted then you select with camera key, at which point the screen should go dark for a few seconds the device vibrates then recovery appears, if it does not then something is wrong I am afraid to say :(

Guest jammybgud2008

Step 4: so you have recovery highlighted then you select with camera key, at which point the screen should go dark for a few seconds the device vibrates then recovery appears, if it does not then something is wrong I am afraid to say

still nothing. thanks for your help.

is there any way to flash boot.bin, the same way we flashed xolo's recovery

in droid boot i get

"fastboot online.

fastboot cmd waiting"

Edited by jammybgud2008

Guest rickywyatt

connect phone to computer whit it stuck at xolo boot screen and open adb shell type in cmd

adb shell and if it changes to $ your ok just get back to me

Guest jammybgud2008

connect phone to computer whit it stuck at xolo boot screen and open adb shell type in cmd

adb shell and if it changes to $ your ok just get back to me

just tells me the cmd prompt version, and device offline :(

Maybe there should be some pinned warning about chainfire 3d if it bricks the device ?

Obviously x86 does not like the driver it installs ;)

And as said earlier, do we really need chainfire 3d with a 400Mhz gpu & 1.6Ghz cpu?

Edited by Guest

Guest bladebuddy
Maybe there should be some pinned warning about chainfire 3d if it bricks the device ?

Obviously x86 does not like the driver it installs ;)

And as said earlier, do we really need chainfire 3d with a 400Mhz gpu & 1.6Ghz cpu?

All ready done by Chainfire 3d themselves.

post-955381-1349891036148_thumb.jpg

Guest rickywyatt

okay i found a way to boot into recovery from fastboot

power off phone

hold power and vol + untill you see the blue android man next

hold camera vol - and and power button keep holding all 3 buttons and tap the vol +

once you get the boot menu move to recovery with the vol - then tape the camera key to enter recovery

lol how many combos did you try to find that.

Off topic......but has anyone noticed there are loads of guests viewing this forum sinse root?

I wonder how many orange/xolo/Intel lol..........learning how to patch things up.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

lol how many combos did you try to find that.

Off topic......but has anyone noticed there are loads of guests viewing this forum sinse root?

I wonder how many orange/xolo/Intel lol..........learning how to patch things up.

And just how many fingers do you have? If it's more than the normal 5 on each hand I want photos...

Guest rickywyatt

iv been trying for 45 mins to get it to boot into recovery from fastboot i thought i would never find out how to do it but i did only by accident

Guest The Soup Thief

Very impressive! Reckon we just need infinite monkeys blindly fumbling with infinite OSDs and we'd have CWM on there in no time! :lol:

(no offence meant Ricky - I've huge respect for your resourcefulness!)