MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help!!!installed chainfire 3d, now stuck on xolo boot screen

149 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This should work though, chainfire 3d just installs a driver in system, it should not be able to give a hard brick, soft brick yes. Maybe the system.img I uploaded is not good ?

i used flibblesan's system,img, i will try yours :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

i used flibblesan's system,img, i will try yours

It should be the same, as both times I pulled system.img it was exact same size, but the one on file factory is the second one, if you manage to download it lol, take you a week, the zip was good before I uploaded as I extracted it first, so the download should be good.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

Maybe, just maybe, there was a hardware fault on your phone which just happened to happen when you flashed. OK small chance of that but it's just a very weird situation. Sorry to say it but might just be worth getting Orange to swap it out. Could always say that the OTA ICS update currently being pushed out broke your phone ;)

Posted · Report post

Yeah perfect timing as the update has just gone out, no arguement for them there really. You downloaded the update, it powered off to update and end of.....only problem is you have xolo splash screen so will have to hard brick it first :lol:

Posted · Report post

Easley done lol

flash bootloader :lol: or the ics recovery that killed you ricky.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

I don't think flashing recovery will not brick the phone any more as it to images no so fastboot and recovery are spilt

So in the interst of science how would we turn an osd into a paper weight ? Bootloader flash ?

Is there no way the flasher can flash the update then ?

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

you can't flash the bootloader lol the way it did it is unplugged the battery pmsl

Posted · Report post

Huh really, I thought there was some bootloader engineering tool that overwrites bootloader ?

Posted · Report post

that didnt work lol it only for the Chinese Intel phone

Not good then, is not some way to mount storage in adb ?

c:\>adb push update.zip/sdcard/

If you could get adb in recovery/bootloader mode, the above would work right ?

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

dam it the system.img aint being flashed :angry2:

Posted · Report post

Easy to brick. Flash a boot or recovery image with a different signature such as the files from an test device. I have a few old ICS test ROMs uploaded somewhere. And by old I mean old :(

Paul manually flashed the images and properly bricked the phone.

Posted · Report post

error. update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

woohoo. i thought i'd give it one last try before i hard bricked.

i entered the above command again out of desperation and it worked!!!

no idea why it didnt give the same error as it is the exact same file

thanks again guys for all your input. it has me stumped but it worked!

WOW great news :D

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

what commarnd did you enter

Posted · Report post

what commarnd did you enter

fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip

when i tried it previously i got an error as stated in earlier post.

problem i have now is i cant seem to root again! grrr

Posted · Report post

i just tested it by erasing system in fastboot ended stuck at boot screen then entered fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip in fastboot now back up and running so if you are bricked you can no save your phone

Posted · Report post

woohoo

Congratulations to you and all who helped. I've been watching with baited breath for the last couple of days.

Posted · Report post

i just tested it by erasing system in fastboot ended stuck at boot screen then entered fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip in fastboot now back up and running so if you are bricked you can no save your phone

so erasing system enables the flash of the update. great news for all who get stuck in the future. cheers for your help ricky

Posted · Report post

Congratulations to you and all who helped. I've been watching with baited breath for the last couple of days.

cheers its been stressful, but have learned alot. most of all DO NOT INSTALL CHAINFIRE 3D :D

Posted · Report post

you type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip witch work

before you typed fastboot -i 0x8087 update update.zip witch dont

Posted · Report post

you type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip witch work

before you typed fastboot -i 0x8087 update update.zip witch dont

ahh makes sense :D

Posted · Report post

This phone just gets better! Now that flashing the update.zip via fastboot works we just need to obtain the Orange stock ROMs and we're laughing.

Glad you finally managed to get your phone back up and running. I think we need to set up a stickied guide to assist other users in the future. Some instructions on flashing will be extremely useful.