Osd/X900 Ics Antutu Score

• 1 month later...
Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Again, I couldn't give a flying chicken fart what my synthetic benchmark score is. What matters is the user experience. It doesn't matter how large your number is if it doesn't feel good in the hand. What matters more when you are choosing your car; the figure in the BHP column or how the thing actually feels to drive?

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

To try and find out exactly what people use their AnTuTu scores for. I gave an opinion. I don't claim to be right and I'm willing to be educated. The OP clearly stated that ICS 'feels' much better despite the lower benchmark score, which is exactly my point.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

The lower score was due to the benchmark apps not being compatible with x86 cpu, which has now been fixed giving a correct score in the 11,000's, obviously benchmarks are as ribs85 put it so well, in need of a pinch of salt.

Knowing how much power you have is of no value in your daily use of the device so pointless really but, it is no different if I buy a car, I like to know the BHP along with other details like fuel consumption, it is just the way of the world :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Antutu keeps changing the scoring with each update.. stupid really.

And I do agree that synthetic benchmarks are largely meaningless.. but everyone loves to brag right?

Guest xgt001

Antutu keeps changing the scoring with each update.. stupid really.

And I do agree that synthetic benchmarks are largely meaningless.. but everyone loves to brag right?

exactly :D

this makes it around 500 behind S3 which aint bad at all

• 4 months later...
Guest Maximus9

To try and find out exactly what people use their AnTuTu scores for. I gave an opinion. I don't claim to be right and I'm willing to be educated. The OP clearly stated that ICS 'feels' much better despite the lower benchmark score, which is exactly my point.

I think your logic is flawed, and I think Antutu scores actually tell a lot, because:

-saying that someone stated clearly ICS feels better is a bit of a contradiction in terms, it's a feeling, not a fact. It's also important to know what apps the phone had on it and how much was the phone in normal use before the test, because any version of Android feels snappy immediately after a clean install, but after a few days of updates and use it gets slower and slower. And slower.

-the difference between the Antutu score in question (ICS vs GB) was 300, which is about 5%. 5% is nothing, can be considered inside the error margin, and you can't actually get exactly the same result everytime in a benchmark that tests so many variables. The fact that the scores are different even on the same machine in a less then 5% margin is not a sign the test is useless. Of course, here we had a special case of a new platform, that was new to Antutu, and not only, as there are quiet a few major apps that do not work on Intel.

-I would not care about a 5% difference in score, not even 10%, but Antutu helps me a lot to get an idea on how a phone will perform, for instance the huawei G300 score 2900, Huawei G510 7000. I rounded the scores to the nearest hundred, because the 5% don't count, but they still give a good idea.

The Acer E1 Duo score is 6300, which puts it in the same class as the G510, as expected.

Galaxy S3 score also shows quiet the difference you would expect compared to the G510.

-The comparison to cars: not correct at all, I always know how much horse power the car got (actually torque, but the argument remains the same) and I never had any surprises in terms of performance during a drive test. Of course, the seats might be more comfortable or suspension etc (or in phones, screen type and size, built quality) but engine performance is never a surprise if you know how much horse power the car has and what size the car is (small, medium, big).

In fact, if you do not know the horse power, you just do a test drive and make a personal assessment, but still evaluating the same thing which you could already evaluate from reading the tech specs.

Just my opinion, sorry for the long post.