VERY poor VOGAD performance on SF2, when on loudspeaker

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hi there.

I have a San Fran 2, brand new, but the loudspeaker function seems to be working pretty poorly - IE, I have to be 1cm away from the MIC, or *SHOUT!!* to get it to trigger the VOGAD ("Voice Operated Gain Adjusting Device", for the uninitiated) circuit. In short, my voice isn't picked up when in speakerphone UNLESS I **SHOUT**. Is this a widespread issue? Orange, predictably, fobbed me off with the standard "well noone else has complained, Sir" (well of course not, as they know they're going to be faced with that corporate response to a problem, so they can't be bothered).

Any ideas? Anyone else found this too? :)

Thank you.

Guest BLu3HaZe

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by VOGAD, but as for the speakerphone function, it works remarkably well and I have used it upto like 5-6 feet but at that distance some shouting has to be done. Other side has heard me with enough clarity at normal talking volume upto around 2 feet (I've checked as I like to keep the phone aside and talk if busy) :)

Guest glossywhite

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by VOGAD, but as for the speakerphone function, it works remarkably well and I have used it upto like 5-6 feet but at that distance some shouting has to be done. Other side has heard me with enough clarity at normal talking volume upto around 2 feet (I've checked as I like to keep the phone aside and talk if busy)

Ah - maybe it was the fact that it was India I was speaking to that caused this false positive then... but I tested it by calling myself from another phone, and the same symptoms were evident... hmmm