Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

You need android sdk installed. Got to the folder platform-tools using command. And type in adb devices you'll see if it's there

It's 9h20 in france if my san digeo is coming today I shoud get it before 11. If no one can do the pull I'll do it then

maybe it's not worth installing the all sdk; using just the correct files is enought

if you have the intel drivers you can download the root archive here https://www.box.com/...o6x3i82t3z4xzqo

Put in into c:

open a command ( execute : windows key +r and type 'cmd')

into the command window:

type

'c:'

type

'cd Root San Diego' (the name of the directory)

type

'adb devices'

if you see a device then

type

'adb pull data/fota'

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Edited by ayziaa

Guest BlueMoonRising

Now there's a dilemma, I've updated to the Xolo ICS but should I stick to the Orange one in case of warranty issues? Is it even possible to update to the Orange OTA update over Xolo ICS?

Guest Doogie Howser

Not had much chance to play with it yet as I updated before leaving to work. Doesn't seem to be too much bloat, just a few games. The various indicator bars like phone/wifi reception etc.. are now orange rather than green which I'm not too keen on and I don't care much for the new dialer interface. Phone reception hasn't obviously improved but I can live with it. Forgot to set MyTracks going when I left for work so I don't yet know whether the GPS has improved which is one of the things I'm hoping for as I do a lot of mountain biking.

Stu.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Not had much chance to play with it yet as I updated before leaving to work. Doesn't seem to be too much bloat, just a few games. The various indicator bars like phone/wifi reception etc.. are now orange rather than green which I'm not too keen on and I don't care much for the new dialer interface. Phone reception hasn't obviously improved but I can live with it. Forgot to set MyTracks going when I left for work so I don't yet know whether the GPS has improved which is one of the things I'm hoping for as I do a lot of mountain biking.

Stu.

It improved immeasurably with the Xolo ICS, I'll wait and see what the feedback is before trying to put the Orange one on.

Edit :- I meant the GPS performance of course.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

You have orange signal bars lol, what have they done to ics.

But not a big deal if it can be rooted, they canbe returned to stock ics as can the apps.

Edited by Guest

I have not heard they do, this is what I said before when someone asked about doing xolo upgrade....if orange decide to only do OTA then those on xolo are stuck there unless we get unlocked bootloader, and someone does a dump of orange ics.

Where would they upload it if they did ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

If you are on the Xolo GB or Xolo ICS then of course you won't get the Orange update. We need somebody to grab the update.zip for Orange!

Failing that anybody who is still on the Orange UK ROM and is comfortable using Wireshark should be able to find out the URL for the upgrade server. I did used to have these but borqs.com who operate the servers have changed things around so I no longer have access. Of course when I get my own San Diego the first thing I'll do is gain access to the update server and download those updates!

Guest Simon O

Thought.. since we have the full Xolo updates then if you are on the Orange ICS update you should still be able to downgrade to the Xolo GB or even re-flash to the Xolo ICS still since they are signed ZIPs and don't do any version checking. So that's good for anybody that updated to the Orange ICS and doesn't like the Orange stuff.

Now all we need are copies of the ORIGINAL Orange GB ROM and the ORIGINAL Orange ICS ROM or update.

@flibblesan have you got the osd yet?

Not yet. Possibly have it in a few days.